PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Leap Attack Paladin...

Tindragon
2016-04-22, 04:22 PM
The jump 8 ranks, is the kicker here, any way with these stats to make this work?

I am thinking a hot tempered Paladin of St Cuthbert, Greataxe user. {or maybe a greatclub? (the Cudgel god and all) }

Str16
Dex 12
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 14
Chr 18

I want the high save bonus early, then will drop attributes to STR.

Jump isn't a class skill, and yeah I know, it's rough, but is it really doable? More for the hot headed paladin play here, and I thought Leap Attack would just be FUN!

Is there any way to Optimize it for a decent amount of damage sooner?

edit: not really looking hard at the mount.... can this be traded for something worthwhile this build?

Troacctid
2016-04-22, 04:26 PM
Martial Study (Tiger Claw) makes Jump a class skill.

You'll probably want the Charging Smite ACF instead of a mount, and the Awesome Smite feat to go with it.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-04-22, 05:47 PM
I've done this before. Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, and Charging Smite for serious damage. Although my DM at the time was kind enough to let me get Mystic Fire Knight and Sword of the Arcane order, despite being a follower of St. Cuthbert, so that I could pick up Jump and Greater Mighty Wallop. That's probably not gonna fly at most tables, so I suggest putting CC ranks in UMD so that you can pick up a wand later on and stick it in a Wand Chamber on your club.

Thurbane
2016-04-22, 10:48 PM
Rhino's Rush spell is pretty awesome. Try to get it in a Wand/Wand Chamber.

Ortesk
2016-04-22, 11:27 PM
Damage? Sure. Valorous/Leap Attack/Shock Trooper/Power Attack/Charge. All day, erry day. Seriously, that is all you need to do high damage. The rest of your build, build defense. Yummy defense. and go into that one class that takes away the paladin code. Basically, past level 10 or so you have all the power you need. So build for flavor more