PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Four Elements Question

JumboWheat01
2016-04-22, 05:23 PM
So I'm going through my fairly large list of drawn up characters since it's pretty much time to retire my favorite rogue, and since my DM-buddy asked kindly that I not make the same class twice in a row. Since he's so good on so many other things, I'm definitely going to bow to his request.

Digging through, I found my plans for a Way of the Four Elements monk, so I decided to re-draw him up, heading towards a variant human again, I've just been in a human mood. Now, for thematics, I want to have one ability per element, and for the most part, I've got it covered. For fire, I have that little flaming fist thing, for air, the flight ability, for water, the cone of cold one, but for earth, I'm at a bit of a loss. Sure, there's the stoneskin ability, but it doesn't quite interest me all that much (a monk should avoid being hit, rather than just resisting it, in my books.) I look down and see an ability that produces the Shatter spell. Would you consider Shatter an earth-based spell? If not, anything else on the Four Elements list that would be considered one?

Specter
2016-04-22, 06:31 PM
Isn't Wall of Stone good enough?

Also, you could convince your DM to take Erupting Earth.

JumboWheat01
2016-04-22, 06:34 PM
Isn't Wall of Stone good enough?

Also, you could convince your DM to take Erupting Earth.

*facepalm* How on earth (pun maybe intended) did I miss the Wall of Stone ability? It's so obvious.