PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Living Weapon Class

Cancer115
2016-04-22, 07:00 PM
Fun little idea that is in the works. Finished two archetypes and would love some critiquing. Based around the monk, this will be my first homebrew class.
http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/share/B1Dn1cSl

Final Hyena
2016-04-22, 07:34 PM
Savings throws, you can have wis and dex. Normally you only get one of the "good three" Dex, Con, Wis and one from the remainder.

The swordplay feature is worded slightly oddly, am I to understand you use your sword to use tools to do skill checks? Meaning your sword picks up thieves tools and picks a lock?

Double edged is something done out of your turn, perhaps it should be a reaction?

Total separation; persuasion and deception checks against you have disadvantage. Have you ever had a DM roll persuasion against you??

Mando Knight
2016-04-23, 10:51 AM
Why no greatsword proficiency?

ouranos7
2016-10-18, 12:22 AM
Is the soul blade damage meant to replace weapon damage or stack on weapon damage

Gr7mm Bobb
2016-10-18, 07:49 AM
Was totally expecting a Soul Eater style of 'living weapon'. Kinda that neat partnership that Maka and Soul had. But it would probably be really difficult to create a class deisgned to be weilded by another and not underpower the hell out of it by accident. Anyway, looks interesting, I'll take a closer look later.