PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Game with an Adventurer's club!

Iden
2007-06-23, 06:00 PM
So I'm going to be running a d20 past game with a heavy pulp influence. Set in 1936 with nazis (cause every game is better when you get to kill nazis), ancient treasures, mad scientists, the works. My main hook to this game is that all the PCs are members of an explorers/adventurers club. One reason for this is so that my guys and I can take turns DMing an adventure with different characters stepping in and stuff. I'm looking for any tips I can get of course, but specifically I'm trying to find a name for this adventurers club. I want it to be something that is also an acronym, so it's got a cool ring when they say "we should all meet at _____ ". The words I wanted were things like league, club, society, adventures, explorers, discovery, etc... I appreciate the help.

Iden

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-06-23, 06:30 PM
Well, the perfect name would be M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N.G.! (http://dndorks.com/comics/2%2f10%2f2002.aspx)

GoblinJTHM
2007-06-23, 06:33 PM
so you're looking for something besides the Hitler Youth League?

goat
2007-06-23, 07:09 PM
GLEA (glee) The Gentlemen's League of Extraordinary Adventurers.

Citizen Joe
2007-06-23, 09:16 PM
How about Societe Provincial du Aventura, Descubrita et Exploracion... S.P.A.D.E.

Iden
2007-06-24, 02:04 PM
Cool. I like the spade one. I may try that. Any other ideas. How about plot hooks? I have in mind an amazon congo style adventure, a casablanca city type story, and a game where basically I plan on tricking them into just playing clue...

Citizen Joe
2007-06-24, 02:41 PM
You've got to get an enemy organization called H.E.A.R.T. or D.I.A.M.O.N.D.
Heroic Explorers and Regional Travellers... Not so menacing...

Department of Instruction and Manfestation of NeoDiablerie. (group of devil worshipers and wannabe vampires)