PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Monk/Barbarian help

Starsinger
2007-06-23, 06:10 PM
Okay, my friend is playing in a Gestalt game (the same where I asked for dragonfire adept and warlock help.) And he wants to be able to open with full attack, which reeks of pounce. Is there a way to get pounce besides the Complete Champion variant? As he wants to keep fast movement from the barbarian if possible.

Droodle
2007-06-23, 06:14 PM
He can take the Dervish PrC at level 6.

Hunter Noventa
2007-06-23, 06:19 PM
Dervish doesn't give pounce, it lets you full attack and move while dancing true, but it's not quite the same.

Odd though, that the movement bonus for being a barbarian is untyped with the movement bonus for monk is.

Ryuuk
2007-06-23, 06:23 PM
Wouldn't a Monk/Barbarian run into some alignment restrictions?

Anyway, there are other was to get pounce. There's Catfolk Pounce in Races of the Wild, but you risk getting smitten if anyone starts discussing physics.

There's also Sudden Leap, which isn't technically pounce. It still allows a full round action after you jump in though. It's one of Tiger Claw's techniques, only first level. You could go Warblade/Monk and enjoy a d12 HD, full Bab and Maneuvers.

Starsinger
2007-06-23, 06:25 PM
Neither the DM nor the player have ready access to Tome of Battle, else I would've suggested that, thanks though.

And no, there's no alignment problem, the DM doesn't believe in alignment restrictions on the Law-Chaos axis unless the class has abilities specifically for/against Law or Chaos. Paladins are probably an exception though

Ryuuk
2007-06-23, 06:37 PM
Well, in the off chance you're playing Gorgotten Realms, there's the Snow Tiger Berserker feat. It's limited to light weapons, but that shouldn't be a problem. Getting the ok might be though since you have to be a member of a campaign specific organization.

Droodle
2007-06-24, 01:15 AM
Dervish doesn't give pounce, it lets you full attack and move while dancing true, but it's not quite the same.True. But it accomplishes the exact same objective.