PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Barbarian/Druid

Dreadfull
2016-04-23, 10:18 AM
My party has an evil/chaotic tendency.
to counter this i put some forces in motion in the background to make sure they don't ruin the entire world without too much opposition.
I started working on building a classic antiparty.

because my party is around level 3 to 5 i was planning to make level 5 enemies for them to fight and give them a bunch of things that make them distinct.

For the character i have in mind i want a druid/barbarian. he is gonna be inspired by kamahl from the Mtg series.

Now iv'e been mostly focussing on the flavor so far.

He has to have great weapon fighting for thye giant two handed sword he is going to wield.
he is gonna be a calm wise druid leader of a tribe most of the time. But he will also funciton as said tribes warlord. Hence the barbarian levels.
The limit of only having about 5 level ready to divide up is kind of bugging ma as i cant seem to get it optimised into a decent enemy. I tend to get the character way to spread out over the stats and turning him into a jack of allt rades but master of none.
I think i want him mostly focussed om raging an the great sword and on buffing.healing as a druid.

any tips and advice are welcome guys and gals.

have a nice weekend.

hymer
2016-04-23, 11:43 AM
You could make a straight barbarian variant human, with Magic Initiate for druid spells and GWM.

Your problem is that level 5 is really good. It comes close to doubling the offensive power of the barbarian, and a druid would get third level spells. It's huge for most classes. If you insist on multiclassing, you lose that fifth level.

But why follow the PC rules for an NPC anyway?

zylodrizzt
2016-04-23, 12:11 PM
Moon druid 2 bearbarian 3 yes you miss out on extra attack yes u miss out on spells but really u should just be one angry bear healing from every hit and resisting everything else. Cast a non concentration spell or more. You'll get con to ac to possibly up a bears ac. Reckless attack grapple n basically do everything a barbarian would do but with a few buffs and a whole lot of extra hp from wild shape