PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Pie the Sorcerer (OOTS #91)

StupidFatHobbit
2007-06-23, 06:53 PM
I looked to see if anyone had already posted this, and didn't see anything similar. If I'm wrong feel free to go all :belkar: on me.

Back when I first started reading OOTS, #91 killed me laughing because I had just got done reading every last one of the old Hostess Fruit Pie comic-book ads, scanned in and mercilessly mocked by the glorious Seanbaby.

If anyone's interested in the backstory of how Hostess Fruit Pies can save you from a wide range of improbable situations, you can see them all at http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess.htm.

The humour is aimed at adults and naughty words will be found, but it's all in good fun.

Snipers_Promise
2007-06-25, 12:11 AM
Well that was certainly......Interesting.

Demented
2007-06-25, 12:48 AM
Actually, it has been mentioned before, but the last thread to do it is so old....

Vondre
2007-06-25, 12:57 AM
Holy carp. I haven't laughed that hard in MONTHS.

Baalzebub
2007-06-25, 07:45 AM
Yeah, that strip got me laughing, specially the last panel.

Dalenthas
2007-06-25, 08:54 AM
Spiderman Spoils a Snatch! BWAHAHA! ROFL!

drKarling
2007-06-25, 09:49 AM
"Oh, so chocolaty. Chocolaty cake, chocolaty icing."
"You and your henchmen were easily taken, baron."
"Taken with the chocolaty taste of Hostess® Cup Cakes. Your lasso compels me to speak the truth."

This one made my day.

Pyro
2007-06-25, 10:14 AM
Yeah I think this was mentioned in the "Jokes you didn't get thread". Funny though.

Manga Shoggoth
2007-06-25, 10:42 AM
Ah yes - after all the recent accusations of Deus Ex Machina, we have a reference to the only Deus Ex Machina that I am aware of in the entire series. And a very funny one at that!

I remember the Hostess adverts very well, having been a avid collecter of comics in my teens, including a few of the American imports.

Alas, when I finally got out to the States in my mid thirties, all the Hostess Fruit Pies had gone - at least, I couldn't find any.

squidthingy
2007-06-25, 11:15 AM
What can't fruit pies do, oh I know, walk

sealemon
2007-06-25, 02:20 PM
I love that site. THe Superfriends writeup are a must read.

StupidFatHobbit
2007-06-25, 10:52 PM
Alas, when I finally got out to the States in my mid thirties, all the Hostess Fruit Pies had gone - at least, I couldn't find any.

Be grateful. When I went to the States, I looked for them and found some. You don't realise what a narrow escape you had.

The cupcakes, on the other hand, are extremely acceptable.

Breaon
2007-06-25, 11:03 PM
Be grateful. When I went to the States, I looked for them and found some. You don't realise what a narrow escape you had.

The cupcakes, on the other hand, are extremely acceptable.

Many a childhood memory involves Hostess foods. Luckily, I can't eat them anymore.

TheNovak
2007-06-25, 11:06 PM
The fruit pies suck. The chocolate creme ones are pretty awesome, though.

And yeah, Seanbaby. Stupid jerk. I've been waiting, what, eight years for him to finish the Superfriends page? They even have DVDs out now, for cryin' out loud! But noooo, he's all, "I'm a real writer now, and don't feel like doing that." Bah.

Arnen
2007-06-25, 11:28 PM
Non-Hostess brand fruit pies are good... Or maybe I'm just weird...