PDA

View Full Version : [5e] Gaming Pieces - IC

Skip2k
2016-04-23, 03:37 PM
Elenvina, capital of the duchy of Northmarches, a grand city with over 7000 inhabitants in the western part of the empire of Middenrealm in the fifth year of the regency of emperor Hal. A merchant town, famous for its cloth and its masters of smithing lying at the great River, it is here that the journey of our heroes begins on a warm spring day.
The town is rife with peasants and farmers on this market day, a stench from all the people sweating and moving through it lies in the air. Merchants and farmers both alike praise their wares to the common folk, hoping to make good gold on this fine day.

Christina : Yesterday you had a very pleasant evening at the local temple of Rahja, which has more in common with an expensive tavern than a normal temple, enjoying a good drink and life itself as your goddess wants you to. However, today in the morning, your personal servant Ada gave you a letter from Andoril Woodsheart.

Vaerion : These days you are staying in a nice tavern called the Drunken Monk. This morning the landlord handed you a letter. You recognice the handwriting of Andoril Woodsheart.

Tobin : You currently ended a mission for the academy by giving a rare book to an academy wizard in Elenvina. The merchant Andoril Woodsheart helped you a great deal in obtaining this book, still you are a little surprised when your landlord gives you a letter from him early this morning.

Ocean : You just dropped of some herbs at the shop of Andoril, knowing his little side business in selling herbs and tinctures made some good profit last month, when Andorils assistant Krin, a young man with short blonde hair and no distinctive traits at all, hands over a letter you. „The master is not here today but he asked me to give you this in case you show up today as you told him last time“

Dear friend,

I write to you in a time of great need. As you may know I recently purchased the First Faith, a small river boat, for my business. However on its first journey we ran into some major problems. Now I need good, trustworthy, folks who know how to handle a weapon. Please meet at the docks at noon today, I will explain everything else when we meet there.

Your friend,
Andoril Woodsheart

Bryconium
2016-04-23, 04:22 PM
Yawning as she reads the letter, Christina has Ada prepare a pack for travel as she eats her breakfast. All packed, she gathers her weapons and takes her pack, leaving Ada some basic instructions to maintain her room while she's gone for a few days. Her business concluded, Christina heads for the docks, taking the long way around to enjoy the city before she meets Woodsheart.

WilliamD40
2016-04-23, 05:02 PM
Ocean, takes the letter and reads it, noticing it is 1030 he begins to walk towards the docks he arrives early for his friend at 1130 looking around for anyone to talk to, that knows about what happened

Skald
2016-04-23, 06:36 PM
~Interesting~ Vaerion thinks to himself. He goes to his spellbook pondering what possible threats he would face in the area as he prepares his spells for the day. Settling on a selection focused on defense and utility.
Vaerion prepares Mage Armor, Thunder Wave, False Life, Feather Fall, Expeditious Retreat, and Detect Thoughts.

After studying his spells, he makes his way to the meeting area.

Fishybugs
2016-04-23, 07:07 PM
Tobin receives the letter, and the thrill of adventure starts to rise in him immediately. As he packs, he starts to wonder what kind of dangers lurked around a river boat. Sea monsters, he wonders to himself. maybe some pirates. That could be interesting.

Having just arrived in town, it doesn't take long to be ready and set out, after having a wonderful breakfast of course.

Skip2k
2016-04-23, 08:08 PM
As the day goes on it is getting even warmer, probably the warmest day this year yet, which also means the stench of all the people got even more nasty. You make your way through all the merchants and farmers down to the river. But if you had the hope a cool breeze from the river would help you cool down and remove the smell from your nostrils your hopes are discarded. There is almost no wind today, very unusual for Elenvina this time of the year.

The docks are crowded with working sailors and servants loading and unloading cargo from all the river boats and ships docked here today. Some wandering merchants sell their stocks even here. Behind the ships the impressive Great River flows, looking almost peaceful.

It takes you a little time but after a short search along the docks you find The First Faith, a small cargo ship like thousands others navigating the rivers of Aventuria it has a length of maybe 60 feet. You can watch some sailors loading it with cargo. In front of the First Faith you see Andoril, a short human of maybe 30 years of age. He has brown, very thick, hair which he keeps in a short ponytail. He is anxiously looking down the docks as if searching for someone or something. Next to him is a tall fair-haired human, who makes Andoril look even smaller. The man looks like a thorwalian sailor with an impressive long beard.

You all arrive a little early, so just go ahead and post. The order in which you post will be the order in which you will arrive. This may be a good time to tell everyone what your character looks like :smallwink:

Bryconium
2016-04-23, 09:30 PM
A tall, striking half-elf walks onto the docks, a smile on her face despite the stench and heat on the air. Her long hair hangs down past her shoulders and over her traveling pack and shield. She wears light, simple clothes for the summer and walks with a strong and confident step. Looking around the docks, she eventually makes her way over to the First Faith and Andoril. She comes over to him and greats him and his companion warmly.
Andoril, it's great to see you again! How is the family? And who is this fellow with you? So what is this about troubles with your ship, it seems fine to me. Regardless, if there is anything I can do you need but ask, my sword is yours.

WilliamD40
2016-04-23, 09:30 PM
Ocean, a man of the forest, has wavy uncombed black hair that falls to his shoulders, he moves cautiously, yet forward with determination in all that he does. He is 5'11'' with a crooked nose he got from a bear attack earlier this week.

Wearing leather armor Studded with bones, he walks toward the ship with his staff in hand.
Friend, I just dropped some herbs off at your shop, what is the matter my friend?

Skip2k
2016-04-23, 11:58 PM
Andoril sees Christina and you can not only see his relief, but hear it in it's voice, too : "Christina, it is so good to see you. The family is just fine, thank you." He looks over to the fair-haired thorwalian : "This is the captain of the First Faith Walven Hawklight" The man looks at Christina and nods : "Mylady"
You can see that Andoril wants to continue, but he stops as he sees a man, wearing leather armor Studded with bones, walking toward the ship with a staff in hand.

"Ocean, so nice to see you. I'm glad you made it. These are the paladin Christina Myrtorin and the captain of the First Faith Walven Hawklight" He waves his hand towards Christina and Walven : "My dear friends, I hope you are alright but we are waiting for two more friends of mine whom I wrote a letter too. They should be here soon and then I will tell you why I wrote you all. I hope you have a little more patience"

Skald
2016-04-24, 01:58 AM
Vaerion heads to the docks, navigating the crowd quite well considering he has his nose in a book, his silvery blue pageboy haircut swooping back and forth, hiding and revealing alabster skin and gold flaked emerald eyes. He is dressed in a simple scholar's outfit- blue tights and a green, knee length tunic.
Upon reaching the group he stows the book he had been reading in his tote bag.
Hello, Adnoril. Vaerion says. What are these problems you've been having?

Skip2k
2016-04-24, 03:43 AM
"Ahh, Vaerion, good to see you, I hope you're fine" Andoril replies. He looks down the docks as if he was searching for someone. "We are still missing one person, then I'll tell you what this is all about"

WilliamD40
2016-04-24, 03:22 PM
Ocean sits down and begins to mediate on the starboard side of the ship. And prepares the spells
Cure wounds
Barkskin
Flame Blade
Fog cloud
Heat metal
Darkvision

Fishybugs
2016-04-24, 04:03 PM
Mmmm....nothing like a good breakfast before a journey, Tobin thinks to himself on his way to the docks.

Tobin carries his backpack slung over one arm, his armor stowed in a bag carried in his hand. He looks around the town with wonder, everything so busy and everyone on their way somewhere. After so much time cloistered in the library, he wasn't yet used to the amount of business going on around him.

He startles as he realizes he's stopped to watch someone haggling with a vendor, reaches up and pulls a lock of his long black hair out of his eyes with his left hand, and starts walking again, looking everywhere. The heat. Is it always so hot, he wonders as he draws the hood of his brown cloak back, revealing a man in his mid to late twenties, pale skin proclaiming his indoor upbringing.

He finally makes his way down the dock to meet Andoril, and notes quite a few others gathered around. Curiouser and curiouser, he thinks as he inspects each of the others carefully as he makes his way down the dock.

"Greetings, Andoril. I received your letter." He looks around again at the others. "It appears there may have been quite a few letters?"

Skip2k
2016-04-25, 01:29 PM
"Yes there were Tobin, I'm glad you came" Andoril answers " Since you are alle here now, I will tell you why I need your help... or actually, Walven will" Andoril looks up to the thorwalian. The captain looks a little bit surprised but, stroking his impressive long beard, he begins to explain in his deep voice " Well...allright... it was ten days ago we first set out with the First Faith, going upstream our destination was the city of Elvenhus, about nine to ten days away from here. The first two days we camped in little villages each night, but the third day was the first time we had to camp in the wilderness. Nothing happened on that night, but the next night...they came out of the wild... They were nine or maybe ten...pirates, but no normal pirates, no, no....they....well, they bewitched us! We were all confused, some of us couldn't move, others hallucinated and others were sound asleep. Even I had problems! And I killed my share of pirates!" He points to the helm of the ship where you can see a huge Greataxe lying" "They killed two of my men...no normal pirates, no.... I think... I think they wanted to kill us all and steal the ship but somehow we managed to fight them off. But they still stole some cargo...and a small wooden casket from my cabin which I had to deliver to Elvenhus." He looks over to Andoril, seemingly finished.
Andoril continues "Now you know why I need some strong man, and women, who know how to handle these bewitching pirates. I hope you can help, I don't want to loose my new investment and that casket had very precious jewelry inside it which was meant for a very wealthy nobel in Elvenhus... I really hope you can help me friends, it will not be to your disadvantage" After finishing his last sentence the merchant watches all of you hopefully, waiting for your response.

In case you guys think an ability check could be the right thing (e.g arcana because of the bewitching or something else you can think of) just do it at the end of your response in an OOC spoiler. If I think the check is accurate I will tell you what your character knows. I hope this will speed up the game instead of you asking, "can I make an ability check" and me responding. If I think the check is not accurate at this time, I'll just disregard it. I hope this is okay for you

WilliamD40
2016-04-25, 03:16 PM
This is very unsettling. They stole from you? Im in.

Ocean stands up and declares,

Lets get underway!

Fishybugs
2016-04-25, 04:20 PM
Tobin listens carefully to the story unfold, nodding his head at some of it, frowning at the reveal of the attack. "This does sound troublesome, Andoril. I see why you need a few people to check in to this." Tobin pauses to think momentarily. "Have you heard of any other ships being hit, or is it only you being targeted? What did these raiders look like?"

Being a learned fellow, Tobin thinks back on the books he has read, and also tries to recall any rumors about raiders or pirates he may have heard.

History check for the readings: [roll0]
Straight INT check for recalling rumors: [roll1]

Skald
2016-04-25, 05:08 PM
Vaerion moves to get a closer examination of the greataxe.
"So this was one of theirs?" He asks, scanning the area for other clues and pondering all of the information available.
Could I have a few minutes pleased? I'd like to check something. If given the time, Vaerion will preform the ritual for detect magic.
[roll0] (Perception)
[roll1] (Arcana... or history, religion, or nature- if one of those would be more appropriate for some reason.)

Skald
2016-04-25, 05:21 PM
(Oh, I forgot to roll my portent dice)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Bryconium
2016-04-25, 06:30 PM
"How dare they think they could prey on honest merchants! And magical you say? Even better. Still, I've found the best way to deal with mages is to hit them really hard in the face." She pauses and looks at Vaerion, "Meaning no offense Ser."
Christina pauses for a moment, struck by a sudden suspicion. It seems rather convenient that the mages put everyone but a few to sleep, what if this is nothing but a cover-up to rob Andoril?

Turning towards Wavlen, "You say these bandits used magic? Were you able to identify anything else about them?"

Insight Check on Wavlen to see if he is holding anything back or even telling the truth: [roll0]

Skip2k
2016-04-26, 12:43 PM
Andoril turns to Tobin. It take him some time to answer, apparently he is thinking about Tobins words. "Well, I didn't hear about anything unusual the last weeks, of course there have always been bandits and pirates in the wild, but nothing similar happened for a quite a time now as far as I know..." He stops for a short moment before he continues "Do you think this was aimed at my business? As for the pirates, they were humans Walven said, I wasn't aboard on that journey but I will be on this one!"
Please roll on Insight

Tobin knows that there are some small villages in the wild. Usually the people living there tend to themselves and don't want interference from the outside although they are officially ruled by the duke and his barons. Most of them are either born there or had good reasons to move. They either supply themselves or own a small landing in one of the rivers many branches.
It's also rumored some of them tend to more 'creative' ways to obtain their income but you haven't heard from pirate or bandit attacks in the last time.

At the same time, Walven turns to Vaerion answering his question "Yes, it was ser elf. Figured I keep it and use it in case I loose my sword. It's a fine weapon afterall."
Walven then watches Vaerion as he moves around the sailors loading the ship and onto it. As the mage performs a magical ritual he seems pretty impressed but then turns to Christina to answer her questions "Sorry mylady. I only know they were humans, or humanoids. Couldn't see to much in the dark so I didn't see them using magic either but what else should it have been?"The thorwalian frowns for a short moment before he continues "But, thinking of it. Two or three of them went pretty straight to my cabin. " He lowers his voice "Maybe they knew about the jewelry and were after it? Andoril told me it was very precious"

It seems he's telling the truth. Also he seems to not only be impressed by magic but also a little bit frightened.
You notice something else, too. When Walven spoke about the jewelry, Andoril turned his head for a short while. It looked like he was a bit nervous.

Detect magic doesn't reveal magic on the ship, but it seem that Andoril is caring a magical dagger with himself (School: transmutation). You notice magical auras around Ocean and Tobin, too.
Also you do know that a spell like sleep could have been used on the crew. I could have been the confusion spell too, which would mean the caster was powerful.

Fishybugs
2016-04-26, 12:53 PM
"It's hard to say if it's aimed at you, but if you're the only company being robbed, then it's likely. Anyone making any threats against you or any other strange occurences, even if you don't believe them to be linked?"

He looks at Vaerion, then back to Andoril. "How much do you trust your men?"

[roll0]

Bryconium
2016-04-26, 02:35 PM
"Don't worry Andoril, I'll help you get your cargo back. You can count on my sword for this trip. And when we get back we'll drink to Rahja in celebration! When will we be departing?" Christina then turns to Wavlen, "Soon the waters will be safe again, captain."

Skip2k
2016-04-26, 02:45 PM
"No threats, no. I don't know why someone would try to harm me." Andoril answers to Tobin. He pauses for a brief second then he continues in a voice so low, it's very difficult for even Tobin to hear who is standing right next to him.
It's barely a whisper you can hear from Andoril, it seems he wants to make sure no one else can hear him "If you'd asked me before all of this happened, I would have said I trust Walven with my life, but now? You know, that jewelry was no normal jewelry, it was magical. But I told no one about this, not even Walven...maybe he found out? I don't know, but I have to get it back or I'm ruined" The merchant sighs, apparently relieved.

The merchant then turns his attention to Christina : "Thank you, I will gladly share a drink with you in the name of Rahja once this is all over. We will depart in about two hours, so if you have any business left to do, please see to it now. You can see Walven nod in agreement "Thank you mylady, it will be an honor having you onboard"

If you need to buy anything else, equipment or so, just go ahead ;)

Bryconium
2016-04-26, 02:59 PM
After stowing her supplies onboard Christina goes and helps the crew loading the supplies and getting the ship ready. As she does so, she talks and jokes with them, trying to get more information on both Wavlen and the attack from the crew members.
Persuasion roll to get the crew to talk with me: [roll0]

WilliamD40
2016-04-26, 04:08 PM
Ocean looks around for a bird or fish to speak with using his speak with animals rirual.

Fishybugs
2016-04-26, 04:18 PM
"Let me go and fetch some of my belongings...I wasn't expecting a journey, but am glad for it. I've spent too long indoors recently, and the fresh air will do me good."

Tobin heads back to his inn, grabs the rest of his belongings, taking care to wrap his books in waxed cloth to prevent water damage. He grabs a small, pre-lunch meal and tells the innkeeper he'll be back in a few days. He then heads back to the docks and gets a good spot on the boat to watch the land fall away.

Skald
2016-04-26, 05:04 PM
"I have already prepared for the day."
"Care to get me settled in Andoril? I'd like to relieve my self of this burden." Vaerion says, gesturing to his pack.

Skip2k
2016-04-27, 05:15 AM
As Tobin heads back into the city and Christina starts talking to the crew, Ocean goes to one of the birds, a heron, sitting on a pole. He starts a magical ritual and some folk on the docks even stop to watch in awe.

Meanwhile, Andoril heads up to Vaerion and onto the deck of the ship :"Come with me, it's not much but I'll give you a tour of the First Faith." And with those words he starts to show Vaerion the ship. It's a small cargo boat, about 60 feet long and 25 wide. It has two sails which are mostly used as a help. The main work will be done by a crew of 14 oarsmen sitting below deck. Also below deck there is the captains cabin, the only seperated room in the ship, and the storeroom."Since this is a river boat, we will set up camp each night at the banks of the river" Andoril explains the absence of bunks or hammocks "There are either villages or, later in the wild, piers built for overnight stay. You may store your pack right here." He points to a chest below deck right next to the stairs going up. Some sailors go up and down and store the cargo in the adjacent room. " I'll be on deck, supervising the loading" And with those words he leaves and walks upstairs.

The ritual worked just fine, you may ask the bird your questions.

WilliamD40
2016-04-27, 01:47 PM
My winged friend, my Ally was attacked by other humanoids. Do you know anything about Pirates in the area?

Ocean pulls his last fish out of his pack.

Forgive me, it is salted but it's all I have.

Animal Handling[roll0]

Skip2k
2016-04-28, 07:00 AM
"There are always men putting sticks in other men. But not in the last time, only man and their wooden vehicles....hmm, fish, thank you.... Only men and more men coming and going, always coming and going away again, like your friends. They went away, and now they're back"

While Ocean finishes his ritual, Vaerion settles in and after a short time Tobin returns, too.

In the meanwhile Christina talks to the crew. There are 15 human sailors, or oarsmen, excluding captain Walven and Andoril. Although they are still busy loading the cargo, they stop to talk and joke with her whenever she's near. Christina finds out that all crew members were handpicked by Walven who was first mate on another river boat before he became captain of the First Faith. Walven and Andoril know each other for some years now, however how they met the crew doesn't know. The first mate Sibur Darkeyes, his eyes really do fit the name as does his pitch black hair, a man about 30 years old changed boat with Walven. Except for the thorwalian captain and Sibur who is from the town of Elvenhus, the recent destination of the boat, all the others either grew up in Elenvina or one of the villages close to it.
It seems the attack happened like Walven described it. Some of them don't know anything about it because they slept so tight the noise didn't wake them while others tell you about the state of confusion they were in when the pirates attacked. Maren, the man standing watch at the boat, wasn't seen until the next day when they found his dead body in the branches of a tree overlooking the river. The pirates killed another crewmember and Sibur got his shield hand wounded pretty badly, but other than some smaller injuries there were no more casualties. The injuries were treated by the ship's cook Cornys, a tall blonde woman with a scar on her left cheek, who not only seems to be a good cook but also a good healer. Besides Christina she's the only woman on board. All of them seem comforted by the fact that there are some warriors onboard now who know how to handle a weapon and magical attacks.

After two hours the cargo is finally on board and everybody settled down. The oarsmen sit down and row at the commands of Sibur. Walven stands at the helm navigating the boat with Andoril next to him. It takes some time to pick up some speed upstream but in time you can see Elenvina fading away in the distance.
It is still a very warm day for spring, but at least there is a light breeze now cooling everybody down. On the riversides you can see small villages and farms while passing by. The land gets more hilly as time passes, you will most likely see the Iron Forest mountains no later than tomorrow.
In the evening the ship docks in a small village. Two other ships already lie at the dock and the sailors great each other. Finally, Walven speaks up :"As always, five of you will stay on board, you know whose turn it is. This time Sibur is in charge. Everyone else may come with me and Mr. Woodsheart to the Inn."
Andoril approaches you :" The dock is guarded by watchmen and usually safe. But if you wish you may stay on board and guard the ship." He grins at you and points to the Inn where the name "The wealthy harlot" is written on a sign. "Or you come with me and get a drink in the Inn, your choice."
The merchant will wait for your answers before he heads out and follows Walven into the Inn.

Bryconium
2016-04-28, 09:39 AM
Faced with a religious obligation, Christina decides to head to the inn for a quick drink before coming back to the ship to watch for enemies. Though she doesn't really expect trouble, she puts on her armor just in case.

WilliamD40
2016-04-28, 01:10 PM
Ocean, having not been in a bed in a long time, gladly accept the offer to go to the inn. Looking in his pouch, he only has 12g.

Looking up, I will join you for that drink. He stands next to him and waits for the party to move out.

Skald
2016-04-28, 09:06 PM
"I think I'll remain here." Vaerion answers.

Fishybugs
2016-04-28, 09:14 PM
Sorry, I posted earlier...not sure why it didn't go through. Maybe I forgot to hit enter....

Tobin contemplates a few minutes, then says hopefully, "I'll stay and see what happens. Maybe someone could bring me back something that looks good?"

He pulls his armor from his bags and starts putting it on, anticipating the need for it at some point tonight.

Skip2k
2016-04-29, 07:44 AM
Christina, Ocean and Andoril cross the dock and enter the Inn while Vaerion and Tobin stay on board. "I'll see to it that you two get a nice meal." Andoril pomises before they leave.

Inside the 'wealthy harlot' it is pretty crowded but the three manage to get a seat near the bar. The Inn looks like it has seen better days, everything could use a litte refurnishing but it is suprisingly clean. Andoril invites Christina and Ocean to a drink and some pork stew which doesn't taste too bad. They talk and share some good time but shortly after the meal is finished Christina excuses herself and heads back outside. Ocean and Andoril keep talking for a short time before they both retire to bed. Ocean shares his room with captain Walven who is already asleep when he enters and soon Ocean falls asleep, too.

Meanwhile on the boat Sibur explains the procedure :"Since you two and the paladin will stay here overnight too you can easily do a shift. Just make sure no one goes below deck, not even a crewmember, and don't let any strangers enter it. I'll give you the first shift after our meal, just wake those two when you are done." With those words he points to two sailors who nod.
Before long a sailor leaves the Inn and Tobin and Vaerion get some pork stew, too. Christina arrives shortly after they finish their meal and together they prepare for the first watch.

As night falls, it's getting cold. A warm day and a cold night it seems. At first you could hear some crewmembers of another ship who were apparently drinking and having fun. At least unil you overheard someone choking. But now you patrol the boat through the silence of the peaceful night. The only thing you can hear are the waves against the boat and dock and the snoring of one the sailors.

Perception checks for our watchmen (Christina, Tobin, Vaerion) please

Skald
2016-04-29, 08:18 AM
Alright, here ya go.

[roll0]

Bryconium
2016-04-29, 09:32 AM
Perception Check: [roll0]

Fishybugs
2016-04-29, 09:51 AM
Perception check: [roll0]

Come on...let's see those high numbers!!

EDIT: Darn

Skip2k
2016-04-30, 12:26 PM
While Christina and Tobin are on the other side of the ship, Vaerion sees a person leaving the Inn. He, or maybe she, tries to move silently and stealthy. The only feature he can make out is long blonde hair under a long hooded cloak. The person looks around as to make sure he/she isn't followed by anyone before heading to the village.

Sorry that it took so long. I have to work this weekend and there was a lot going on at work...

Skald
2016-04-30, 01:32 PM
~Curious~ Vaerion thinks to himself, making a mental note of the person.

Skip2k
2016-05-02, 12:59 AM
The shift end without another incident and, after the two sailors who are next are woken, the three guards can finally catch some sleep.

The next day the journey continues after a hearty breakfast. The oarsmen start to row again and after a short time you can see the Iron Forest appearing in the distance. The weather is still good although it has cooled off a little. Some clouds are scudding across the sky. The landscape gets even more hilly and there are fewer villages and more forests and small mountains. The day passes without anything particular happening and in the evening the First Faith once again docks at a small villages port. Again Walven decides who will stay on board, this time with him instead of Sibur, and who may join Andoril in the local Inn, 'The lone spirits'.
"This will be the last time we'll stop in civilzcation. Do you wish to stay on board again or will you join me in the Inn?" Andoril inquires while looking at the group.

In case you stay on board you will be given a shift again, so please roll a perception check

ps : Game will speed up from my side again now

Skald
2016-05-02, 03:31 AM
Vaerion prepares the same spells as yesterday, then makes a quick trip into town to by the herbs and incense required for the find familiar spell, then returns to the First Faith to perform the ritual, summoning an owl.
After he is finished, he will take his post on the watch with the help of his familiar. He keeps a particular eye out for blondes in cloaks.

Bryconium
2016-05-02, 06:29 AM
Christina will again pop in for a quick drink then return to the ship to stand guard.

WilliamD40
2016-05-02, 08:49 AM
I will take a shift in the woods watching the ship.

Stealth roll [roll0]
Perception check [roll1]
Survival because maybe? [roll2]

He prepares the same spells as he did the day before.

Fishybugs
2016-05-02, 09:35 AM
Tobin stays aboard the ship again, keeping first watch.

Perception roll: [roll0]

EDIT: Tobin doesn't see much. He needs to get his head out of the books.

Skald
2016-05-02, 11:23 AM
Oh, sorry, forgot to roll perception.

[roll0]

Skald
2016-05-02, 11:24 AM
... and the portent dice for the day.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Skip2k
2016-05-02, 02:00 PM
Christina enjoys a short meal with Andoril while Ocean sets out into the nearby forest and Tobin and Vaerion have their meal on board. Again the group is entrusted the first watch. Walven and the oarsmen fall asleep quickly and it's getting quiet in the village and the Inn. The First Faith is the only ship docking here tonight.

The night is clear and cold. Suddenly Ocean, hiding in the nearby forest, hears an animal galopping through the forest. A hooded rider and his horse pass by very close to his location although it seems he wasn't noticed by them. The rider then turns the horse towards the village before he stops underneath a group of trees near the village and approximately 150 feet away from Ocean. Ocean notices a sword on the riders belt, shimmering in the moonlight.

The others patrol the boat while Vaerions owl circles over their heads. After what was maybe an hour, all three of them see a hooded person leaving the Inn. They can glimpse blonde hair before the person heads to the village.

Your Owl too notices the hooded person. It also tells you about a rider who just left the forest and stands still near the village.

WilliamD40
2016-05-02, 02:15 PM
Christina enjoys a short meal with Andoril while Ocean sets out into the nearby forest and Tobin and Vaerion have their meal on board. Again the group is entrusted the first watch. Walven and the oarsmen fall asleep quickly and it's getting quiet in the village and the Inn. The First Faith is the only ship docking here tonight.

The night is clear and cold. Suddenly Ocean, hiding in the nearby forest, hears an animal galopping through the forest. A hooded rider and his horse pass by very close to his location although it seems he wasn't noticed by them. The rider then turns the horse towards the village before he stops underneath a group of trees near the village and approximately 150 feet away from Ocean. Ocean notices a sword on the riders belt, shimmering in the moonlight.

The others patrol the boat while Vaerions owl circles over their heads. After what was maybe an hour, all three of them see a hooded person leaving the Inn. They can glimpse blonde hair before the person heads to the village.

Your Owl too notices the hooded person. It also tells you about a rider who just left the forest and stands still near the village.

Ocean, Moving as silently as he can, moves closer to the rider, inspecting him, and trying to judge his intentions, ready to attack if he shows any hostility towards his employer in the inn or the ship.

Stealth[roll0]
Insight[roll1]
Perception[roll2]

Skald
2016-05-02, 03:39 PM
"I saw that person yesterday as well." Vaerion says to the others. "The a suspicious person on a horse nearby too."

WilliamD40
2016-05-02, 03:49 PM
Ocean thinks to himself, wondering if he has seen this man before or knows of a group of people who dress like this.

[roll0] Nature/history both are the same.

Bryconium
2016-05-02, 04:23 PM
"It would seem that we are being followed. We should ask Andoril if he recognizes this person when he gets back. Vaerion, could you get your owl to follow the blonde, hooded individual?" After speaking Christina loosens her sword, just to be safe.

Fishybugs
2016-05-02, 04:33 PM
Tobin pulls his nose out of his book. "What? Someone out there? Who?" He puts his book down and pays a little more attention to things going on outside the boat.

Skald
2016-05-02, 04:37 PM
Vaerion sends the owl to follow the person. "I won't be able to maintain the telekinetic link once it goes beyond a hundred feet, so, I won't be able to relay any information until it returns."

Skip2k
2016-05-03, 03:21 AM
Vaerions familiar follows the hooded person into the village, soon both can't be seen anymore in the night.

Ocean tries to move closer to the hooded person without being seen. He spots a leather armour and dark hair underneath the mans cloak. All in all he looks dirty and tired as if he has ridden all day without a break. He has dismounted and his horse stands next to him, breathing heavily. Ocean can't make out any distinctive symbols on the mans clothing or relate his style of clothing to any group in particular, but he looks like he knows how to handle his sword. When Ocean is about 50 feet away from the stranger, he can see a hooded person appearing on the outlines of the village heading towards the group of trees where Ocean and the rider are. As Ocean shifts his feet to get into a more comfortable position he accidently steps on to a group of branches. The sound of the branches breaking is so loud, he immediately knows everybody around must have heard him. The man turns around and with the sound of steel on steel he draws his sword and looks directly at Ocean : "You there! Who are you and what are you doing here?!"

WilliamD40
2016-05-03, 10:05 AM
I am a simple druid. When I saw you I did not know who you were out of caution I followed you. Who are you?

Skip2k
2016-05-03, 10:54 AM
"I'm a simple wanderer. Now get lost druid, this is of no concern for you. Go back into your forest." The man lowers his sword a little bit but keeps staring at Ocean.

Ocean notices that the hooded person who was approaching them now tries to hide behind a heystack but his keen eyes can still see her/his outline in the bright light of the moon.

Fishybugs
2016-05-03, 11:07 AM
Tobin, not hearing anything of import from anyone, looks to the clear sky. Though warm, the night air felt better than the hot, muggy daytime sun. The stars shining down made him think of fireflies, but what would fireflies be doing so high up in the sky? Maybe someday he could adjust a looking glass to see that far...they already had the ones the ship captains used to see further away, why not one that could see what a star was?

"Guess that was a false alarm, huh? This may be a waste of our time, but Andoril's money sure will come in handy, eh?"

Bryconium
2016-05-03, 11:32 AM
"Let's hope nothing happens, but I have a bad feeling about all this." Christina is standing completely still now, with her hand wrapped around her sword hilt, staring off towards the town.

WilliamD40
2016-05-03, 08:41 PM
Ocean, backs up slowly, into the trees until he is covered in shadow. And waits
[roll0]

Skip2k
2016-05-04, 12:09 AM
After Ocean vanished into the trees the man keeps staring in his direction but after a while he turns around again. He mutters something Ocean can't quite discern.
After some waiting Ocean watches the hooded person appear. The two talk and Ocean tries to listen. He had to back up further than he wished because he can only unterstand pieces of what they are whispering about :"yes....sure.....danger....on board...forest...like planned.....no problem...." A short time later, the man mounts his horse again and rides into the forest. The hooded person stands still and scans the surrounding before heading back to the village.

Your Owl gets back into reach and tells you about the meeting between Ocean and the man and later the man and the hooded person. Unfortunately it too couldn't discern more than pieces of the conversation

WilliamD40
2016-05-04, 02:10 PM
Ocean returns to the ship, and tells his companions about what happened and as much as he can about the 2 hooded men.

Should someone tell the people in the inn?

Fishybugs
2016-05-04, 02:28 PM
Tobin thinks for a bit. "I don't think it will make any difference at this point. Let them enjoy themselves. We'll tell them about the visitors when they return."

Skald
2016-05-04, 02:30 PM
Vaerion is gathering his things together as Ocean gets back. After Ocean explains what he saw, Vaeion confirms it saying "My familiar saw the same thing. I would like to look into this matter personally, would someone care to join me?"

Bryconium
2016-05-04, 02:59 PM
"I'll come with you Vaerion. These two are very suspicious. Anyone else coming? We should probably wake up the next watch."

WilliamD40
2016-05-04, 05:26 PM
Let's investigate after we wake the watch. I am ready to go.

Fishybugs
2016-05-04, 05:50 PM
Tobin thinks for a bit, then adds, "I'll stay aboard. This may be just a clever ruse to draw us off."

Skip2k
2016-05-05, 05:22 AM
After Christina wakes up Walven and an oarsmen for the next shift, she walks over to the Inn with Vaerion and Ocean.

The captain of the First Faith watches them leave before he turns to Tobin, who stayed on board, stroking his fair-haired beard :" Is everything all right? You guys seem worried"

The rest of the group approaches the Inn. It is dark and silent, apparently everyone is asleep. When Vaerion tries to open the main door he is surprised to find it closed. After all he saw the person leaving the Inn and there is no natural way to close it from the outside.

Bryconium
2016-05-05, 08:52 AM
"Maybe we should check the woods where you saw them, we find more answers that way."

Fishybugs
2016-05-05, 09:47 AM
"Just some suspicious people moving around. They're checking it out. I'm sure it'll be fine." Tobin keeps his hand ready on his sword, belying his words.

Skip2k
2016-05-05, 12:10 PM
The captain glances at Tobin :"I hope you're right and we don't run into trouble this early." Tobin notices that Walven took two steps to the right while talking, now being in reach of his newly acquired greataxe. He reaches down : "Just in case we do run into trouble."

WilliamD40
2016-05-05, 02:27 PM
Ocean, lead the way to where the mysterious person and his compatriot were.

This is there they were. Perhaps if we look around for clues.

1d20+5(survival/tracking)

[roll]1d20+5

WilliamD40
2016-05-05, 02:31 PM
[roll0]

Ocean looks around for any clues.

Skald
2016-05-05, 02:52 PM
Vaerion has his familiar take to the flight for a better vantage point searches the area through its eyes.

[roll0]

Fishybugs
2016-05-05, 03:13 PM
Tobin stiffens just a bit as Walven grabs his axe.

[roll0]

Does Walven seem on the level or is he putting on a show like he doesn't know what's going on?

Bryconium
2016-05-05, 03:45 PM
Since Christina doesn't really have the patience for a long search, she'll just scan the area for any signs.

And I have darkvision for this.

Skip2k
2016-05-05, 04:13 PM
Tobin watches Walven closely while the captain picks up his axe. The thorwalian keeps staring at the Inn although the rest of the group went to the forest.

It looks like the captain was honest. He doesn't seem to know what's going on, and he seems to be tense about the general situation.

Vaerion, through the eyes of his familiar, and Christina both check the surroundings but they find nothing of interest. Ocean quickly finds the tracks of the horse and after a little time those of the stranger from the Inn, too. He's sure he would be able to follow them into the village and wherever the stranger went next.

WilliamD40
2016-05-05, 08:08 PM
Tobin watches Walven closely while the captain picks up his axe. The thorwalian keeps staring at the Inn although the rest of the group went to the forest.

It looks like the captain was honest. He doesn't seem to know what's going on, and he seems to be tense about the general situation.

Vaerion, through the eyes of his familiar, and Christina both check the surroundings but they find nothing of interest. Ocean quickly finds the tracks of the horse and after a little time those of the stranger from the Inn, too. He's sure he would be able to follow them into the village and wherever the stranger went next.

The tracks lead this way friends, into the village. Should we follow them or protect the ship?

Skald
2016-05-05, 08:21 PM
"We can't leave the ship unprotected, but I want to extract information from that rider, and I won't be able to find him without a decent tracker to help me."

(ooc: I hate to be the guy that splits the party, but...)

Bryconium
2016-05-05, 08:32 PM
"As far as we know the ship is safe. If these two mean to threaten the ship, tracking them will only serve to help. I say we follow them."

WilliamD40
2016-05-05, 08:52 PM
Well then, Lets follow these tracks.

Ocean leads the way. following the tracks, but keeping his head on the swivel for a trap or ambush.

[roll0]

Skip2k
2016-05-06, 05:12 AM
Don't know how often you guys look into the ooc thread, but please take a look now :D

Skip2k
2016-05-07, 01:13 AM
Ocean leads the way through the night, following the track of the hooded stranger back into the village. The village is quite and they pass by a smithy and some farms but finally the track leads to the backside of the Inn, ending underneath a ground-floor window. Ocean and Vaerion both notice that the shutter of the window isn't completely closed.

Tobin can see the outlines of the three walking towards the Inn before they disappear on the backside.

WilliamD40
2016-05-07, 02:31 AM
Whispering, what do we do now vaerion?

Skald
2016-05-07, 02:48 AM
"Let's see." Vaerion sends his familiar up for a better vantage point.

Bryconium
2016-05-07, 08:54 AM
"We could try just forcing the window open, with someone ready to catch him should he run out a different way. Though this is probably a last resort type of plan."

Skip2k
2016-05-07, 11:53 AM
Vaerion scans the surrounding through the eyes of his familiar. He notices nothing unusual, the only people moving around are the guards on the First Faith and his companions. All shutters of the Inn are closed, except the one Christina stands for, and there is neither a light seen nor a sound heard from the inside of the Inn.

Fishybugs
2016-05-08, 09:44 AM
Tobin walks around on deck, watching carefully for anyone approaching.

On watch duty: [roll0]

EDIT: Nat 1. If I weren't standing on the boat, I probably wouldn't have been able to see it. Someone marched an army through, I think, but I was looking the other way.

Skald
2016-05-09, 05:27 PM
Vaerion has his owl look through the open shutters, if the room is empty he will enter the inn.

WilliamD40
2016-05-09, 09:07 PM
Ocean, snapping out of a delirious state, whispers, I can always become a small animal and go in....

Bryconium
2016-05-10, 12:49 AM
Whispering, Christina says, "That's a good idea, Ocean. Maybe you can get some information from his room. If you need any help we'll be right outside the window."

WilliamD40
2016-05-10, 02:03 AM
Ok, I am about to turn into a mouse, please be gentle with me, and make sure that your familiar does not attack me.

Ocean, transforms into a mouse and waits to be picked up by his companions and placed on the windowsill.

Skip2k
2016-05-10, 04:25 AM
After Ocean transforms, Christina picks him up and puts him on to the windowsill. Ocean finds it hard to see anything inside the Inn due to the darkness but he can perceive the outlines of the furniture including the bar and a flight of stairs going up to the first floor. After a few seconds he can see dying embers inside the fire pit which give at least a small amount of light.

Does Vaerion still go in too? If Ocean wants to check for more tracks he will have disadvantage due to the missing light

Bryconium
2016-05-10, 09:18 AM
After dropping Ocean off, Christina is on high alert for any signs of distress.
[roll0]

WilliamD40
2016-05-10, 07:23 PM
Ocean, scurries across the floor, looking for anything, clues or tracks that would help with the identity of the strange stalker.

[roll0]Perception
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]Survival

Skald
2016-05-10, 07:35 PM
Vaerion sends his familiar in to assist ocean.

[roll0]
Owls have Keen Hearing and Sight, giving them advantage on wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight. This should negate the disadvantage, but if you adjudicate otherwise, I'll make another roll.

Skip2k
2016-05-11, 12:12 AM
The Inn looks like it has been used but cleaned quite properly the last night. No mugs standing around and the chairs are shuffled next to the tables although there is some dirt left on the floor. Realizing that, Ocean finds the muddy tracks of the stranger leading to the flight of the stairs. Unfortunately they become worse on the stairs, who apparently weren't swept, and Ocean looses the track again.

Ocean will need more light to find the tracks again. Vaerion could try to find them with his owl but it will be difficult to communicate with Ocean once he's upstairs (in case he goes upstairs)

Skald
2016-05-11, 12:22 AM
Vaerion has his owl pick gently pick up ocean and set him at the top off the stairs and takes a shot at tracking himself.

[roll]1d20+2

Skald
2016-05-11, 12:23 AM
Vaerion has his owl pick gently pick up ocean and set him at the top off the stairs and takes a shot at tracking himself.

[roll]1d20+2

oops... [roll0]

Skald
2016-05-11, 12:29 AM
Vaerion uses the message cantrip to tel Ocean "Let's check upstairs, I'll give you a lift." then communicates anything he discovers with his tracking roll through the same method.

Skip2k
2016-05-11, 02:33 PM
Vaerion, through the eyes of his familiar, picks up the tracks of the stranger going upstairs. With Ocean in his claws he flies to the first floor. Passing the first door, where a loud snoring is emitted behind, the tracks lead to the second door of the floor on Vaerions and Ocean right side. They can see a light glimmering underneath the door and when Vaerions familiar lets Ocean down, Ocean spots a small crack in the door where a mouse might fight through with a little sqeeuzing. Standing in front of the crack Ocean can see inside the room where apparently a person is sitting in front of a table working on something on the table. It looks like the light is emitted by some candles on the table. Both Vaerion and Ocean can hear a grinding sound as the person works.

WilliamD40
2016-05-13, 07:38 PM
Ocean attempts to squeeze through, trying to not attract attention.

Fishybugs
2016-05-13, 07:51 PM
Tobin continues to watch on the ship.

Just letting you know I'm still around.

Bryconium
2016-05-14, 12:23 AM
Christina re-positions herself by the door in case she needs to force her way in.

Skip2k
2016-05-14, 03:18 AM
Ocean, quite as a the mouse he his, sneaks into the room. He can finally see the blonde person in its entirety including the scar on her cheek. It's the boats chef Cornys. The sound comes from her grinding some herbs into a powder. She is so taken in by the work, she doesn't realize a little mouse just entered her room running around. Ocean takes a closer look at the herbs and he realizes it's aventurian brugmansia, a strong neurotoxin and hypnotic.

WilliamD40
2016-05-14, 04:22 AM
Ocean, upon seeing and identifying who it is, returns out of the door, and looks to get out of the Inn. Returning to his allies, he says I have news to share back at the ship. Lets go.

Skald
2016-05-14, 04:42 AM
"Wait." Vaerion says. "There's one more thing I need todo."
Knowing where this person is now, Vaerion retrieves his focus then, gazing into the orb, he casts Detect Thoughts (https://www.dnd-spells.com/spell/detect-thoughts).

Skip2k
2016-05-14, 05:35 AM
The other two wait in the night while Vaerion moves a couple of steps to the side and casts his spell.
She thinks about doing the work right and grinding the herbs extra fine so nobody will notice. Do you want to probe deeper?

Skald
2016-05-14, 05:43 AM
Vaerion Will have his owl fly up to the top of the building above the window and let out a "Hoo", an an attempt to indirectly put the question "Who?" in her mind.

Skip2k
2016-05-14, 06:02 AM
The others see Vaerion is still concentrating on his orb.

"The crew mustn't notice this, grind it finer Cornys, come on"

Skald
2016-05-14, 06:07 AM
Vaerion gently rides that train of thought. If it doesn't seem to be going anywhere useful, he will actively probe deeper.
He gently sets the orb on the ground, maintaining his concentration on his spell. He retrieves a pen and piece of parchment to record the thoughts he uncovers, giving his owl a contingent command to take the parchment and fly it to Tobin should anything go wrong.

WilliamD40
2016-05-14, 06:56 PM
As I return to human form, I urge Vaerion to come. We must hurry back and warn the crew.

Skald
2016-05-14, 07:03 PM
Vaerion continues to gaze into his orb and scrawl onto his parchment. "This is the entire reason I came here. You can go, but I'm not leaving until I get as much information as possible."

Bryconium
2016-05-14, 08:12 PM
Christina says to Ocean, "Don't worry, I'll stay with him and make sure he stays safe. Go back to the ship and warn them."

Christina mentally prepares herself to react to any danger, making sure her sword is loose and her shield is well positioned.

WilliamD40
2016-05-14, 08:20 PM
Ocean, turns into a Direwolf and sprints back to the ship. and shifts back into human form. looking for the highest ranking member I can find even if he has to wake him up.

Skip2k
2016-05-15, 04:26 AM
Christina stands guard, weapons ready, as Vaerion continues to gaze into his orb.

"Finer, finer....that's good. Nobody will notice. Time for bed, away with you. Nobody will no... it'll work. Ahhh, soo good to lie down... It'll work out, nobody will notice....the guards get a double, yes, good idea. They'll not notice... everything will be fine...nobody wi..." The thoughts disappear as Cornys quickly falls asleep and the spell ends

Ocean sprints back to the ship. He can see Walven and Tobin standing at the rail watching him approaching. He shifts back to human form, going on board.

Skald
2016-05-15, 05:25 AM
"She's gone to sleep, put she was grinding some herbs, presumably some sort of poison. There are other crew members in this inn isn't there? I don't know how or when she plans to administer this concoction- or even what it is, but considering our friend's urgency, I imagine it's pretty bad."

Storing his pen and parchment, and picking up his orb he continues, "There are a few options open to us at this point, what would you suggest?"

Bryconium
2016-05-15, 10:08 AM
She's asleep right? I say we go back and collect the others at the ship. This way we will have Wavlen on our side from the beginning. Plus, if Wavlen or any of the crew are in on this, which they might be, then Ocean and Tobin might be in danger. I'm sure they can take care of themselves, but still.

Skald
2016-05-15, 10:17 AM
"Indeed they could be at risk, I had somehow overlooked that possibility. Let's go."

WilliamD40
2016-05-15, 08:09 PM
Ocean, goes up to walven. You are the Captain right?

Skip2k
2016-05-16, 01:33 AM
The big hulk of a man looks down at Ocean with concern. He has shouldered his huge greataxe :"That's right Mr. Druid. Your companion already told me you're looking into something, now what's wrong? You seem worried."

Christina and Vaerion both set off for the boat in a quick pace. They arrive about 20 seconds after the captain has answered Ocean.

WilliamD40
2016-05-16, 02:20 AM
I have reason to believe the crew is in danger. During my watch, I met a shadowy character, then backing away, I observed him and another shadowy person. I believed them to be in concert. I returned to the ship and after my watch I went to investigate. They had already split up. I followed the tracks into the city. Following them in..... Ocean goes on to explain the entire happenings to The Captain.

Skip2k
2016-05-18, 01:09 AM
Vaerion and Christina arrive at the boat as Ocean finishes his story and the captain answers him :"That is indeed a disturbing story. I would have never thought Cornys would be able to do something like that."He pauses for a moment and tightens the grip around his axe "Do you think anyone else on the crew is in on this or just Cornys and the stranger? I think we should wake Andoril an tell him. And after that we should have a talk with Cornys, maybe she will tell us what this is about when she realizes we found out about her diabolish plan. What do you think? He looks at the group.

Chose the wrong color for Walven....

Skald
2016-05-18, 11:02 AM
"Gather the crew, I'll do what I can to establish who is and who isn't involved."

Bryconium
2016-05-18, 12:27 PM
"I'll help gather the crew at the inn. Maybe Cornys will confess right away if confronted, but we really need to make sure we have her in our hands right away."

WilliamD40
2016-05-19, 12:41 AM
Ocean, takes a short rest while everyone is getting ready, in order to recover his wild shapes

Skald
2016-05-19, 01:26 AM
"Bring Corys, but don't let her know we suspect anything."Vaerion sayes.
"I'll wait here, I need to spend a moment to clear my head."
Vaerion takes a short rest, using arcane recovery to regain a second level spell slot.

Skip2k
2016-05-19, 07:38 AM
"Okay"The captain nods his head, his beard swinging heavily. He waits a little to give Ocean and Vaerion some time to prepare before he heads to the Inn with Christina. After they arrive he knocks on its door until the, very sleepy looking, inkeeper opens him. Before the man can ask anything Walven shoves him aside "We have urgent need to talk with our emplyer, where is he?" . The inkeeper looks surprised but he shows Christina and Walven the room where Andoril resides. After another hearty knock on this door, the merchant opens it. Rubbing his eyes he looks at the two visitors. "What are you doing here? Is something wrong on the boat" he asks in an anxious voice. Christina and Walven enter the room before the captain explains what is going on. After he is finished, the merchant heaves a sigh :"So we'll tell the crew there is a problem on the boat, maybe a leak? They will come with us but what should I, or you," he looks at Christina "say when we're at the boat? Should we just confront Cornys?"

Bryconium
2016-05-19, 01:01 PM
"We should confront her once Vaerion has his fancy spell ready. From what he told me he can read surface thoughts, so if we confront her in front of the crew, any co-conspirators will start to mentally panic and think about the plan. For now I'll help you gather the crew."
Once they tell her what to do Christina helps gather the crew. She takes special care to make sure that she is the one who gets Cornys, but also makes sure that Cornys is not the first one she gets.

WilliamD40
2016-05-19, 07:52 PM
Ocean, stays by Vaerions side. Preparing to react quickly, if need be.

Skip2k
2016-05-20, 04:49 AM
"Sounds valid to me" Andoril replies to Christina. Together, Christina, Andoril and Walven wake the crew and tell them that they need help fixing the ship. Christina gets Cornys who seems to be not only sleepy but also anxious. Still she follows along as the rest of the crew heads to the boat.
Ocean, Tobin and Vaerion can see Christina and the crew approaching the boat, when suddenly Cornys turns and tries to run off towards the village!

Initiative for everyone! @Fishybugs : I just assumed Tobin stayed on board, I hope that's allright for you. Cornys and Christina are about 60 feet away from the rest of the boat. Cornys will stand next to Christina if Christinas Iniative is higher, otherwise she'll have run 60 feet away

Bryconium
2016-05-20, 08:44 AM
[roll0]

"Cornys, don't do anything stupid!"

Fishybugs
2016-05-20, 09:15 AM
Yes, Tobin is still aboard the boat. I presume he can see her running toward the village and being yelled at? If so, then he takes the following action...

Tobin sees the group heading toward the boat. Suddenly, one of the memebers bolts away and Christina yells out at them. Tobin brings up his bow to fire toward the fleeing figure.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack roll: [roll1] for [roll2] and [roll3] if it crits

Bryconium
2016-05-20, 11:10 AM
If Cornys is next to Christina, she'll attempt to tackle her to the ground.

Athletics Check [roll0]

If she managed to get away Christina will chase after her, moving sixty feet and drawing her sword.

Skald
2016-05-23, 02:36 PM
Vaerion casts expeditious retreat, and sprints after Cornys.
1st-level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Vaerion can move up to 120 feet by using his standard action and bonus action to dash twice.

WilliamD40
2016-05-23, 07:23 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Skip2k
2016-05-25, 02:27 AM
Cornys manages to run away before Christina can grapple her but Christina follows close behind. Suddenly Vaerion sprints next to her faster than anyone she has ever seen before he catches up next to Cornys, too. An arrow flies besides Christina and Vaerion hitting Cornys in her left arm. She screams out as blood pours out of the wound.

Initiative Order :

Vaerion
Cornys
Christina
Tobin
Ocean

so it's Oceans turn followed by Vaerion!