PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mythic Crafting - simultaneous crafting?

Barstro
2016-04-25, 10:51 AM
I expect to be in a campaign where "Mythic" rules will be in effect.

Since various rules might make crafting an actual option (I'm a stickler for details, and using actual "time to craft" would make most items impossible to do in in a campaign), I have some questions.

Paramount is a ruling on some language that have a vague RAW;

Mythic Craft Wondrous Item

At the beginning of each day when you regain your uses of mythic power, you can expend one use of mythic power to accomplish eight hours of work on one wondrous item you are crafting. You can only do this once per day per item you are crafting, though you may also add an actual eight-hour work day toward the crafting of such an item.

This is linguistically the same as "$14,000 per year per person" which, in the legal/tax field, means someone can give an infinite amount of money away without tax consequences as long as each person receives no more than $14,000.

Translating that to the Feat would mean that the PC could expend, say, Nine uses of mythic power to do work on Nine different items.

What is arguably stopping that is the general "Magic Item Creation" rule...

A character can work on only one item at a time. If a character starts work on a new item, all materials used on the under-construction item are wasted.

But, if that's the case, then there was no need for the words "per item"; it should have just said "You can only do this once per day".

The flavor reason to allow multiple crafting this way is that the PC is not actually doing physical work; it's magically being done by spending a point (no actual time is used).

Any thoughts or known rulings?

Florian
2016-04-25, 12:56 PM
Any thoughts or known rulings?

Going by RAW, you can only craft 8 hours per day and the calculation is based on 1K price slots.
Spending MP allows you to double that value, thatīs all.

Chewychunga
2016-04-25, 01:10 PM
mundane objects.. no reason you cant build 2 swords at same time.. just not 2 magic swords

Barstro
2016-04-25, 02:03 PM
Going by RAW, you can only craft 8 hours per day and the calculation is based on 1K price slots.
Spending MP allows you to double that value, thatīs all.

RAW allows 8 hours per day, but Mythic Craft Wondrous Items is outside of that. The PC can spend MP AND spend 8 hours (16 credit), or not spend the 8 hours.

though you may also add an actual eight-hour work day toward the crafting of such an item.

So, the PC can wake up, just spend a point, and get 8 hours worth of work done.

I'm still looking for a ruling specific to Mythic "You can only do this once per day per item you are crafting"

If it had just said "You can only do this once per day" then it would be;
Wake up
Spend 1 MP on Ring of Invisibility.

But, it says "once per day per item", which could (and I argue "should", since the words have no other meaning) result in
Wake up
Spend 1 MP on Ring of Invisibility (Once per day per item)
Spend 1 MP on Ring of Sustenance (Once per day per THAT item)
etc.

mundane objects.. no reason you cant build 2 swords at same time.. just not 2 magic swords
Who is using "Craft Wondrous Items", Mythic or otherwise, to craft a mundane object?