PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a warblade build

Nosta
2016-04-25, 12:09 PM
so I fancy the iron heart family of maneuvers and stances and I was wondering what would be the best build for getting the best of it.

I plan for a human build as that is the only race allowed

my pc goal is to transcend and become the god of swords

Red Fel
2016-04-25, 12:22 PM
so I fancy the iron heart family of maneuvers and stances and I was wondering what would be the best build for getting the best of it.

I plan for a human build as that is the only race allowed

my pc goal is to transcend and become the god of swords

Well, since you're playing Human, Warblade 10/ Eternal Blade 10 is out.

Instead, I'd suggest going with a flurry of swords build, and throwing Stormguard Warrior on there.

Let me explain. The Stormguard Warrior feat has three functions. One of them, Combat Rhythm, allows you to - when making a full attack - deal no damage with each hit. The next round, for every hit that connected but dealt no damage, all of your hits deal an additional +5 damage. From there, your goal becomes how to deal the maximum number of hits in a round.

Several options exist. One that's almost universally beneficial is to dip Barbarian with two ACFs - Spirit Lion Totem and Whirling Frenzy. Spirit Lion Totem replaces your Fast Movement class feature with Pounce, allowing you to make a full attack on a charge. Whirling Frenzy replaces your Rage class feature with Whirling Frenzy, which - in addition to stat benefits - gives you an extra attack. Take the Snap Kick feat, that's another bonus attack.

Ideally, if you could be a Human subrace, playing a Silverbrow Human would qualify you for Draconic Soulmelds; a Totemist dip could get you a bunch of additional natural weapons. All of these things count towards your number of attacks made during a full attack, which in turn boosts your damage from Combat Rhythm.

Aegis013
2016-04-25, 12:56 PM
Alternatively, if 3.0 material is allowed, you could use 5 levels of Iaijutsu Master PrC from Oriental Adventures with a dip in Overwhelming Attack monk (PHB II) can be pretty neat. Pairs well with general Karmic Strike/Robliar's Gambit AoO game plan, you just need to find a way to draw and sheathe your sword for free (or use multiple swords, discarding the old and drawing a new one for each Iaijutsu attack, but that gets expensive with magical weapons).

With this, you can potentially smack your foe with an unarmed attack to activate Overwhelming Assault, use a Belt of Battle or other method to gain a standard action, free action draw your sword, use Strike of Perfect Clarity with an Iaijutsu attack against a flat-footed opponent (bags of marbles are your friend here), and deal, I believe, (Weapon Damage+Str+(Cha mod*number of Iaijutsu Damage dice)+100)*2 + number of Iaijutsu damage dice d6's.

Kill your enemy in a single sword strike (after a swift kick in the shin). This doesn't have space for any other non-ToB classes if you still want to get 9th level maneuvers by 20, though.

mabriss lethe
2016-04-25, 12:58 PM
Looking over stormguard warrior, you could still net some damage that opening round using a contact poison on your weapon.