View Full Version : Rope of entanglement question

CrackedChair
2016-04-25, 01:17 PM
Ok, so I'm starting another villain for a campaign in progress. Our heroes consist of a Half-Orc Barbarian, a Hill dwarf cleric, A Wood elf Paladin, And a Mountain Dwarf Fighter.

The villain in question is a Young Green dragon, whose lair is in a rather spacious ruins in the woods. This dragon is quite the jerk, however. He's been noted to doing some underhanded fighting, and thus I decided to make him a for that sticks to the air 95% of the time, only getting close enough to smack somebody with an attack or breathing poison.

Now, the kicker: absolutely none of our heroes can use a ranged weapon efficiently. The only one that has a good ranged weapon is a Wood elf, and that's not going to succeed by itself.

Now cause of this, I wanted to include a magic item that should make life easier for our party. The Rope of Entanglement.

Hopefully if our party gets what they had to do, one of them will snare the dragon when he flies forward to attack and grapple them somewhere. Now the kicker is: I want them to use a Strength Contest to pull the dragon down, and SMACK him straight down with a mighty pull. It should be easy with the Barbarian if he rages.

Now, this is when you guys come in...

What should I change to make this strategy viable?