PDA

View Full Version : Mage Hand Mischief

Arkusus
2016-04-25, 01:33 PM
So okay, in an upcoming campaign I'll be playing an Arcane Trickster Rogue. The highlight of the build for me is the use of Invisible Mage Hand.

So... Ignoring optimized combat (I can crunch those numbers on my own) what are the most fun things you can think of that Invisible Mage Hand can do both in combat (counting immediately before combat starts) and out of combat.

Some examples I've come up with (or found) so far are:
- Emptying a bag of ball bearings amidst a group of enemies (or in the middle of a busy marketplace)

- Placing caltrops

- Applying contact poisons to weapon grips

- Planting contraband on NPCs (or annoying party members)

gfishfunk
2016-04-25, 01:38 PM
- Undoing Belts.

- Dropping stones in another direction prior to combat, making the enemies look another direction or investigate another direction.

- Pickpocket healing potions.

- Place sticks in a quiver.

BiPolar
2016-04-25, 01:39 PM
Pouring oil on top/near people/objects in preparation for a fire spell.

RazDelacroix
2016-04-25, 02:05 PM
Tying boot laces together.
Painting particularly petty remarks on a target's back.
Manipulate two marbles or metal bits to make distracting noise just out of sight.
Flying coins.
Make a stuffed doll dance/canter/carouse/or snuggle with target.

krugaan
2016-04-25, 02:15 PM
One word: peeping.

Arkusus
2016-04-25, 02:28 PM
- Undoing Belts.

- Dropping stones in another direction prior to combat, making the enemies look another direction or investigate another direction.

- Pickpocket healing potions.

- Place sticks in a quiver.

Placing sticks in a quiver is genius. I will have to toy with that idea.

Undoing belts is amusing, but I'll have to see how the DM reacts to know if that will ever be useful.

Creating distractions seems the most obviously useful, and now I want to pay a wizard to cast Magic Mouth on a rock so it says something whenever the stone is tapped against a tree, or something like that.

Regitnui
2016-04-25, 03:34 PM
Pinching the sexy/handsome bandit's bum. Or, less savoury but just as distracting uses.

Billowing curtains.

Dropping dust of sneezing in the BBEG's face.

I once used it to lock bandits into a prison that was locked via a lever on the outside.