PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arcforge Homebrew for Dreamscarred Press: New powers, Akashic archetypes, and more

Thealtruistorc
2016-04-25, 04:25 PM
Ahoy there, all of ye.

I, like many on these boards, am excited about DSP's upcoming Arcforge: Technology Expanded book. So excited, in fact, that I couldn't help but produce some works of my own on the subject. Presented here for critique are a series of powers, items, and feats that go along with the concept of "DSP meets future-tech," alongside some new options that I've cooked up to finalize the "Akasha as Cybertech" idea that has been floating around.

You can find it all Here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kXmTdEAaAMpUfYGS4omJJIY5TVrhxl04junCk3RT8OI/edit). Feel free to comment or suggest things; I am happy about any feedback.

Thank you and enjoy.

khadgar567
2016-04-25, 06:27 PM
Love the work

Thealtruistorc
2016-04-29, 08:41 PM
Updated with two new powers, both of which are inspired by arguably the greatest cyberpunk film ever created.

On that note, I may have to add a few powers based on Blade Runner in the future.

Thealtruistorc
2016-05-15, 04:37 PM
Updated with a whole slew of new things, including

-The Psyborg Adept, a prestige class that combines psionics and technology
-The Mecha Sentinel, a new aegis archetype that uses the mech rules
-A full writeup of the Psionics as Advanced Technology variant ruleset
-Armor Penetration values for modern and futuristic weapons
-Three new psicrystal archetypes
-A new archetype for animal companions. You can now have a robot dog
-More new powers!

Thealtruistorc
2016-05-31, 09:54 PM
Added a whole bunch of things, including
-New feats
-New powers, including one that allows you to combine mechs
-The Overcharger, a technological archetype for the Wilder
-Two new monster templates for technologically-inclined games
-Technological Weapon Enhancements

Again, critiques are welcome.

tsj
2016-06-01, 02:53 PM
Awesome stuff :) this should be used in any scifi related 3.x or PF game in my opinion :)

I want a cybertech robot dog "animal companion" and his name will be AIBO :)

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-06, 05:51 PM
Updated with a few new powers and weapon enhancements.

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-19, 07:19 PM
Updated with some new powers, new item upgrades, and a new template that allows you to finally fight AIs.

Thealtruistorc
2016-07-04, 10:06 PM
Updated with another snazzy new monster template. Radioactive monstrosities can now populate your games.

Thealtruistorc
2016-09-17, 11:03 PM
Updated with several new things, many of which are revolved around crafting and merging psionics and technology.

First off, we have a new archetype, the forgemaster, this time for the Cerebremancer prestige class. All those Doctor Doom builds you have been dreaming up can now become a reality.

Added several new feats that make crafting technological items more feasible and interesting. The zenith is an ability to create nonmagical scrolls and wands powered by machinery.

Updated the "Psionics as Advanced Technology" Rules to clarify some things about crafting.

Created a new section on crafting Power Armor, technological items that replicate the abilities of Astral Suits.

Thealtruistorc
2016-09-23, 08:24 PM
I don't really have anything new at this point, but I'm bumping this to try and get some commentary. If something seems off or poorly designed here, I wish to know.

Also, if you have any requests, I will gladly take them.

khadgar567
2016-09-24, 02:34 AM
well I posted but you dont answered how this thing work with your old arcforge expension (one with speed increase item using leg slot) and okay what happened to helmsman class aka akashic pilot class you designed its suddenly out of the text and when I first post the treat I definitely remember the class and its forgelord archetype for items of request I dont know I always want to make mech bikini wearing character flying in skies or how about turning this into community project were others can add few ideas of them

Thealtruistorc
2016-09-24, 01:35 PM
well I posted but you dont answered how this thing work with your old arcforge expension (one with speed increase item using leg slot) and okay what happened to helmsman class aka akashic pilot class you designed its suddenly out of the text and when I first post the treat I definitely remember the class and its forgelord archetype for items of request I dont know I always want to make mech bikini wearing character flying in skies or how about turning this into community project were others can add few ideas of them

I personally don't want to turn this into a community project given how much most of these should be fine-tuned. However, if you want to start an open community project dedicated to technology. You are welcome.

The mech bikini was already covered in the original version with a feat.

The helmsman class and the psibertech concept are both on separate documents (the helmsman I have yet to add to my signature). However, I have tweaked the psibertech doc for upgrading mechs.

khadgar567
2016-09-24, 02:06 PM
I know the mch to armor transformation feat but what in my mind is more like sci fi space suits were the whole mech is simple cloth like body suit with small backpack like ghost armor from starcraft

Thealtruistorc
2016-10-01, 08:55 PM
Updated with some new stuff of various sorts.

Soulknife and AP Tables have been updated with Iron Gods Adventure Path equipment.

Added a new template, the Spellspurned creature. Creatures now have a reason to use technology over magic.

A new feat for Androids and Cyborgs that grants them full robot abilities.

Updated Psionics as Technology once again with descriptions of equipment. I strongly encourage some GM to try these rules out.

Finally, we have augmentation machines, new devices that enable a power to be replicated many times over a duration and to affect large numbers of creatures at once. Industrialized Psionics is now a thing!

Thealtruistorc
2016-11-24, 04:42 PM
Added some racial variants for the Android, Forgeborn, and Noral, because not all of these creatures are going to be working in the same manner.

Also fixed up the soulknife table and added some new functions for call weaponry. Enjoy!

Thealtruistorc
2016-12-11, 09:57 PM
Back with another template I came up with: modular constructs for all of your adjustable minion needs.