PDA

View Full Version : Dr. McNinja V: The End

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Duck999
2016-04-25, 05:27 PM
Y'know, this seems to be the first thread Glyphstone didn't create. Am I breaking some unspoken pact? If I am, feel free to fix this up so Glyphstone creates the thread.

As we were saying... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?383550-Dr-McNinja-IV-What-The-Chuck/page50)

Also, feel free to suggest new thread names (puns).

Spamotron
2016-04-25, 05:48 PM
I just had a disturbing thought. One classic protagonist power is the ability to instantly knock someone out with blow to the head while causing little to no permanent damage. While in reality any major blow to the head strong enough to knock someone out has a real chance to kill or permanently cripple no matter what you do. General consensus of the fandom is that "the curse," is Doc losing all his protagonist trope powers. Did Doc just accidentally kill/cripple a kid with that stunt?

Rater202
2016-04-25, 05:53 PM
Maybe.

On the other-hand, being exceptionally tough was one of Paul Bunyun's characteristic traits, in addition to being super strong and being at least 10 feet tall.

lord_khaine
2016-04-25, 05:59 PM
I just had a disturbing thought. One classic protagonist power is the ability to instantly knock someone out with blow to the head while causing little to no permanent damage. While in reality any major blow to the head strong enough to knock someone out has a real chance to kill or permanently cripple no matter what you do. General consensus of the fandom is that "the curse," is Doc losing all his protagonist trope powers. Did Doc just accidentally kill/cripple a kid with that stunt?

Im not to worried myself. Mainly because i dont give a used herring for what the fandom confirm among itself. Without WOG or hard evidence its just a theory.

eschmenk
2016-04-25, 07:16 PM
I don't know if the theory is true or not, but even if the theory is true, it doesn't mean that particularly bad things will happen. When Doc kicked the very heavy door, he felt pain, but he didn't seem to injure himself badly. In the current case, I think that having Doc kill or cripple a child is just too dark to happen. Instead, if the theory is correct, Doc might notice some medical symptoms that are consistent with a concussion that he didn't see when he knocked someone out in the past. Or maybe the kid will have a concussion but not loose consciousness. I think those sorts of changes would be much more likely.

The Glyphstone
2016-04-25, 11:59 PM
I didn't make the first (or second) thread. So it's fine if I don't make the last one.

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-26, 12:26 AM
Feels good, stretching my legs in all this new thread space. Aaaah.

Leewei
2016-04-26, 10:48 AM
I didn't make the first (or second) thread. So it's fine if I don't make the last one.

If you had created it as well, you'd have been ninja'd, appropriately enough.

Anteros
2016-04-26, 03:33 PM

He said, trying to hold back the tears.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-04-27, 02:23 PM
What, the good doctor assaulted the enemy stronghold with a whole team of allies and not even a first aid kit? Too many lockpicks to carry, Patrick? :smallamused:

Flickerdart
2016-04-27, 02:37 PM
I thought the fog was Dracula, but the tooltip says it's gas. Who to believe?

Duck999
2016-04-27, 02:47 PM
I'm guessing pirates or ninja drugs next.

Benthesquid
2016-04-27, 02:58 PM
So the first two zones were McBonald's and Paul Bunyan, corresponding to the first two stories. The third story "So what IS a McNinja," introduced the pirates as recurring antagonists, but Dan seems to have dealt with them fairly effectively, so Patrick may meet up with the rest of the crew there.

The story after that, "There's a Raptor in my Office," featured raptor-riding banditos, musclehead jetpacks, and the sinister machinations of Fox News, so not sure how that's likely to play out. Perhaps we'll see a return of the Weatherman.

eschmenk
2016-04-27, 04:07 PM
Well, if Dan skips "There's a Raptor in my Office," perhaps the gas contains Doc's antidote to the ninja drug? Doc was worried about it being used to take away the powers of a real ninja.

At least that would be better than an alternative idea. I sure hope that it's not an explosive mixture of hydrogen and methane caused by feeding Paul Bunyan a bunch of McNinja burgers.

ADDED: Come to think of it, Paul Bunyan did go down very easy for a boss....

Anteros
2016-04-27, 04:10 PM
What, the good doctor assaulted the enemy stronghold with a whole team of allies and not even a first aid kit? Too many lockpicks to carry, Patrick? :smallamused:

No kidding. How is he not carrying at least tape with him? What kind of terrible Doctor is he??

ericgrau
2016-04-27, 09:24 PM
No kidding. How is he not carrying at least tape with him? What kind of terrible Doctor is he??

I know right. You would expect the ONE thing a doctor ninja to carry would be a field med kit. Well, besides a sword. I mean for Pete's sake he's still wearing his stethoscope and yet no med kit. Was the stethoscope really so essential? Wait, yeah, it is. It's hard to be certain of what the outfit is without the stethoscope. I mean he could be a well dressed ninja dude ready for a night out on the town. And then we have these long convoluted conversations with everyone he meets where he tries to explain it. The first 1 or 2 are kind of funny, but then it gets old fast and takes away from the story. Yeah that's the worst thing that could ever happen to the comic strip. The stethoscope is as essential as the ninja mask. There's no way he'll leave it behind. But... what was I saying? Oh something about how he should really care a med kit. Ya.

I'm also surprised he didn't mime a bandage, at least to wear until the blood clots on its own. Then he leaves and it disappears, but with less blood loss.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-04-28, 12:28 AM
At least that would be better than an alternative idea. I sure hope that it's not an explosive mixture of hydrogen and methane caused by feeding Paul Bunyan a bunch of McNinja burgers.

Jetpack Bunyan! Run for your lives!

ericgrau
2016-04-28, 10:06 PM
The pirate captain would be next if we go by story order. Either him or the featherless headless chicken.

Disc Lorde
2016-04-29, 01:43 PM
Well, if we're going by chronological order of appearance, figure the pirates have already been dealt with, and assume that they're not going to have the banditos as villains, then the next foe would be Jetpack Guy. Which would explain the gas.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-04-29, 02:19 PM
Well, if we're going by chronological order of appearance, figure the pirates have already been dealt with, and assume that they're not going to have the banditos as villains, then the next foe would be Jetpack Guy. Which would explain the gas.

Or maybe it's the weatherman. A group of ninja taking out the president on a giant battle, imagine what kind of news that would be. He could never top that with just a storm that sounds like the worlds loudest fart.

No, I don't know what the gas would be in that scenario.

scienceguy8
2016-04-29, 06:59 PM
Update. (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p45/)

Oof! He's tugging at his duties and moralities as a doctor. This seems more designed to slow him down and cause him emotional harm than physical harm.

Anteros
2016-04-29, 07:05 PM
It's always good when you can empathize with the villains like this.

eschmenk
2016-04-29, 07:44 PM
This seems too easy! Doc gives him a quick shave and carries the boy or girl out before the beard grows back. How fast does the beard grow?

Personally, I wouldn't want someone hacking at my beard with a katana, but he's a ninja. And a doctor.

Duck999
2016-04-29, 08:03 PM
This seems too easy! Doc gives him a quick shave and carries the boy or girl out before the beard grows back. How fast does the beard grow?

Personally, I wouldn't want someone hacking at my beard with a katana, but he's a ninja. And a doctor.

Does cutting it off revert them until it grows back? It isn't directly explained. Even if it does grow back, it would have to grow fast like it does when it first kicks in.

dogmac
2016-04-29, 08:57 PM
King Radical really is a bastard that way. However, a shave seems in order.

(Bet the King has jowls under HIS BEARD)

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-04-30, 12:51 AM
Regardless of whether this can be solved simply with a quick shave, if this is real and Radical is not just lying, that's a pretty big **** move.

Anteros
2016-04-30, 12:52 AM
It's not like the children were going to spared in any of his previous genocide plans either. Radical sucks.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-04-30, 03:51 AM
Completely random archive reading post by the way, but look how cute this birdosaur (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p10/) is. It's like a sleeping baby! Ah coochy coochy coo!

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-30, 08:12 AM
King Radical really is a bastard that way. However, a shave seems in order.

(Bet the King has jowls under HIS BEARD)
Probably not, given that we've seen his face beardless. (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p54/)

eschmenk
2016-04-30, 08:58 AM
Completely random archive reading post by the way, but look how cute this birdosaur (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p10/) is. It's like a sleeping baby! Ah coochy coochy coo!

I just noticed that the reporter there looks a lot like the weatherman in the last panel here (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/3p47/), assuming he's doing his hair differently. That's probably just a generic reporter design, though.

Chives
2016-04-30, 09:19 AM

Y'know, that reporter isn't entirely wrong.

Giggling Ghast
2016-04-30, 01:38 PM
It was stated back here you can't just shave off a Bunyan's beard, as it will grow back.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/1p21/

Disc Lorde
2016-04-30, 02:39 PM
Just a thought, but I think McBonald would be pretty ticked off if he knew that Radical was killing an innocent kid. He seems to love kids.

Vinyadan
2016-04-30, 02:54 PM
I was expecting that to be antininja gas.

SZbNAhL
2016-04-30, 03:03 PM
I was expecting that to be antininja gas.

Me too. Killing a child doesn't seem even remotely Radical.

Kantaki
2016-04-30, 03:04 PM
Just a thought, but I think McBonald would be pretty ticked off if he knew that Radical was killing an innocent kid. He seems to love kids.

Possible, but even if he cared and knew about this part of the plan (and Patrick didn't beat him up already) Donald is unlikely to act against Mr. Goodrich. He is way to scared of that guy. And that's entirely justified considering the things that this psychopathic tyrant has done already.
Besides, it might be a bluff to get Patrick to stay in that cloud longer than nessecary.

Professor Gnoll
2016-05-02, 08:29 PM
Me too. Killing a child doesn't seem even remotely Radical.
It seems that losing his last chance to make the world he truly wants has started to drive Radical off the deep end. He's become obsessed with revenge, and has forgotten what his goal is.

eschmenk
2016-05-02, 09:35 PM
It seems that losing his last chance to make the world he truly wants has started to drive Radical off the deep end. He's become obsessed with revenge, and has forgotten what his goal is.

Huh? He still seems to want to kill Doc. That seems to be his main goal now. (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/31p61/) I don't think he forgot about that goal. If you meant any other goal, I have not idea what you might have meant. Whatever the goal might be, Doc would probably ruin it, so killing him first would seem to be the logical first step. Doc is trying to kill him and generally mess things up for him after all.

Lethologica
2016-05-02, 09:45 PM
He wanted to replace everyone in McNinja's universe with Radical people.

Kantaki
2016-05-03, 11:46 AM

I don't think that's a option anymore. That would require one of those space-time holes and the only ones he could have used have been destroyed by Patrick. One by throwing a Chuck in it and the other by unleashing the unicorn.

Taking revenge against the Doc is the only thing left to do for Radical.

eschmenk
2016-05-03, 11:52 AM

Of course, but Professor Gnoll seemed to understand that was impossible now and was no longer Radical's goal. At least, I don't think that was what Professor Gnoll was meaning, but maybe I was wrong.

Professor Gnoll
2016-05-03, 05:22 PM
What I meant was that Radical has forgotten about his initial goal of 'Making the world a more Radical place'. He's become solely fixated on taking revenge against Doc, and will even sink to the levels of murdering children to achieve this rather petty goal.
While he always was an 'ends justify the means' type of fellow, his ends aren't even all that noble anymore.

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-03, 05:33 PM
Of course, his goal of making the world a more radical place was only part of his larger plan to replace Earth's inhabitants with the people of Radical Land.

All he has left is revenge. Is it out of character for him to murder a child to exact said vengeance? Nope. None of us muggles matter.

Kantaki
2016-05-03, 05:33 PM
What I meant was that Radical has forgotten about his initial goal of 'Making the world a more Radical place'. He's become solely fixated on taking revenge against Doc, and will even sink to the levels of murdering children to achieve this rather petty goal.
While he always was an 'ends justify the means' type of fellow, his ends aren't even all that noble anymore.

Well, he did that to make it possible to kill everyone on Earth by replacing them with the citizens of the Radical Lands.
Since that isn't possible anymore he does the next best thing: taking bloody vengeance against the man who ruined his life.

Besides, since Mcninja keeps interfering with Radical's plans, as benevolent they might appear, getting rid of him seems like a good idea.

eschmenk
2016-05-03, 08:27 PM
Taking revenge against the Doc is the only thing left to do for Radical.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I do think Radical would like to make the place a little less unbearable for himself. But as we both said, Doc is doing his best to ruin anything Radical does (and is trying to kill him) so it makes sense that killing Doc would be his top priority now.

Professor Gnoll
2016-05-03, 10:15 PM
Of course, his goal of making the world a more radical place was only part of his larger plan to replace Earth's inhabitants with the people of Radical Land.

All he has left is revenge. Is it out of character for him to murder a child to exact said vengeance? Nope. None of us muggles matter.
I wouldn't say it's out of character, but I think it's a sign that whatever morality he had has pretty much slipped away. After all, he always was exceptionally kind to children beforehand.

Flickerdart
2016-05-04, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't go quite that far. I do think Radical would like to make the place a little less unbearable for himself. But as we both said, Doc is doing his best to ruin anything Radical does (and is trying to kill him) so it makes sense that killing Doc would be his top priority now.

Radical's been trying to make the world bearable for centuries. But with racism instead of helicopter ents, anything he does just isn't good enough.

eschmenk
2016-05-04, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't say it's out of character, but I think it's a sign that whatever morality he had has pretty much slipped away. After all, he always was exceptionally kind to children beforehand.

Was he really, or was he planning to replace all but the most radical children with children from his home?

Porthos
2016-05-04, 12:17 PM
With the latest update, I think King Radical is being such a butthole (in the words of the comic), that this is all a bluff and isn't harming the Bunyan at all. It's all a trick to get McNinja to stay in the room and die.

Anteros
2016-05-04, 03:02 PM
I kinda hope you're right, but it's also a good way for the author to show that things are really serious now and anyone really can die. So it could go either way.

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-04, 03:18 PM
I think the point of it is either to kill Doc by forcing him to stay or emotionally traumatize him. The Bunyan is just a casualty.

Lethologica
2016-05-04, 03:55 PM
I kinda hope you're right, but it's also a good way for the author to show that things are really serious now and anyone really can die. So it could go either way.
Reading the last few pages hasn't really given me the impression that things are serious now. Reading the last chapter and a half hasn't really given me the impression that getting serious is the goal. I would be surprised if that turns out to be the point, no matter what happens to Mr. Bunyan.

JavaScribe
2016-05-04, 04:00 PM
With the latest update, I think King Radical is being such a butthole (in the words of the comic), that this is all a bluff and isn't harming the Bunyan at all. It's all a trick to get McNinja to stay in the room and die.
Why would King Radical care if some worthless lamelander child dies? This world is trash as far as he's concerned. He can no longer save the awesome people of his homeland, and he's only spent a a couple minutes considering what to do with his consolation prize of a conquered kingdom. All he really cares about right now is making the Doctor suffer as much as possible.

I'm only surprised he chose such a lame way to kill said child. But I guess doing something cool would distract from torturing the Doc. Too bad the Dr. didn't bring a chemistry set.

Porthos
2016-05-04, 04:57 PM
Why would King Radical care if some worthless lamelander child dies?
Exactly my point. He shouldn't care one way or the other. But by thinking he does care enough to kill the kid, we (or more accurately, Doc McNinja) is falling directly into his trap.

All he really cares about right now is making the Doctor suffer as much as possible.

Well, not quite. He wants McNinja dead. Deaddeaddead. If he makes him suffer while dying, all the better.

And what better way to kill Doc McNinja than making him destroy himself by appealing to the Doc's better nature. If it was all a bluff and the child isn't in danger at all, that makes it even better since it is a pointless sacrifice.

===

More to the point, killing a defenseless kid in this manner is kinda lame. And there's not even any cool pyrotechnics or cool wizardry stuff going on. Just a passed out, concussed kid slowly sucking down poison. L-ame.

And if Lame and Rad are on opposite sides of the spectrum, it shouldn't be something King Radical would want to do. But getting the Doc to kill himself by trying to save someone who doesn't need saving? Well, that's funny in a sick way. And therefore Rad.

Could be wrong here. But since I don't see many other ways out of this unless the Bunyan wakes up, Imma putting my quatloos on Bluff.

-D-
2016-05-04, 05:27 PM
I think King Radical just wrote his own death sentence meta-wise. Writers want to make the villains seen irredeemable so killing them doesn't make you feel too bad.

eschmenk
2016-05-04, 05:55 PM
If this were a more conventional comic, I'd probably expect Radical to reveal on the next page that he had always hated the children in this world and had always felt disgusted at how much they depended on him to come up with radical things for them to do. Hastings doesn't follow formulas very well, so I'm not so sure in this case.

And if Lame and Rad are on opposite sides of the spectrum, it shouldn't be something King Radical would want to do.

I'm not so sure the Radical is trying very hard to be rad anymore. He patted himself on the back pretty hard for anticipating that the McNinjas would try to rescue Funkhouser, but anyone could have predicted that. It was Dracula and his ghost wizards who were responsible for moving the negazone equipment into the eye, not Radical. Doc destroyed Radical's main incentive to be rad. I think Radical is too depressed and bitter to be very rad anymore.

That said, I think you could be right.

JavaScribe
2016-05-05, 02:02 PM
I'm surprised Old McNinja is ok with this. I get that his mind is falling apart, but is he really willing to be party to murdering an innocent child and his own parents? Just how far gone is he?

The Doctor was somehow able to revive the children killed by that demon. Maybe he could do something similar here? Put the Lumberjack into a state similar to death, but not quite? Also, we still haven't learned how King Radical motivated the Lumberjack to fight the Doctor.

The stakes are higher and more dramatic, but so far, the Dr. hasn't faced anything that wouldn't have happened before. There's a real chance the Lumberjack will die to show just how serious this really is. And then King Radical will have the wizard's revert the dead giant back into child form to better rub it in Doc's face.

eschmenk
2016-05-05, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised Old McNinja is ok with this. I get that his mind is falling apart, but is he really willing to be party to murdering an innocent child and his own parents? Just how far gone is he?

Does he know about it?

Kantaki
2016-05-05, 02:23 PM

The Doctor was somehow able to revive the children killed by that demon. Maybe he could do something similar here? Put the Lumberjack into a state similar to death, but not quite? Also, we still haven't learned how King Radical motivated the Lumberjack to fight the Doctor.

The stakes are higher and more dramatic, but so far, the Dr. hasn't faced anything that wouldn't have happened before. There's a real chance the Lumberjack will die to show just how serious this really is. And then King Radical will have the wizard's revert the dead giant back into child form to better rub it in Doc's face.

Did the Doc revive them? I remember their heads grew back, but was Patrick involved with that?

I'm not sure about Old, but wasn't there that rule about clones going insane over time? Maybe the failed attempt to replace the Doc just pushed him over the edge.
Or the unicorn used some kind of compulsion on them to amplify their desire for vengeance.

JavaScribe
2016-05-05, 03:46 PM
Does he know about it?
At a minimum, he knows his parents have been dragged into this.

Did the Doc revive them? I remember their heads grew back, but was Patrick involved with that?
He sent the school's nurse some anonymous info.

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-05, 09:22 PM
Uh, wasn't Old basically forced into this revenge scheme?

JavaScribe
2016-05-05, 10:20 PM
Uh, wasn't Old basically forced into this revenge scheme?
He genuinely hates and wants to kill the Doctor. He explicitly said as much. And while they did track him down and net him, it's not like they're keeping him prisoner or keeping a close eye. I don't know how conflicted he is, but he seems to be going along with it.

guttering flame
2016-05-09, 10:14 AM
Wasn't Dr Mcninja and his universe supposed to be cursed with unluckiness and blahness? Sure, the doctor is having a tough time right now but it doesn't feel like the curses are doing much so far.

Kantaki
2016-05-09, 11:02 AM
Wasn't Dr Mcninja and his universe supposed to be cursed with unluckiness and blahness? Sure, the doctor is having a tough time right now but it doesn't feel like the curses are doing much so far.

I don't think it was evere established how the curse works, but it seems mostly to counteract Doc's protagonist powers to a certain degree. Stuff still works, it's just harder and has more consequences.

I think having to leave a kid inside a cloud of poisonous gas is the worst point so far. Pre-curse Mcninja might have found a way. Just like he wouldn't have hurt himself that much already. I think.

Anteros
2016-05-09, 12:40 PM
As a Doctor, Patrick knows that it's perfectly fine to inhale lots of unknown poison gas, as long as you run out of the room right before you pass out.

JavaScribe
2016-05-09, 04:12 PM
I'm wondering if President Funkhouser's already dead. Or worse.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-11, 04:09 AM
As a Doctor, Patrick knows that it's perfectly fine to inhale lots of unknown poison gas, as long as you run out of the room right before you pass out.

It sure beats passing out in the room and staying there, and it seemed mildly preferable to just outright abandoning a patient at the first sign of trouble.

guttering flame
2016-05-11, 04:38 AM
McNinja should go back to the gym. A good ninja and a doctor would carry the giant lumberjacking kid out of the room. You fail, Patrick. :smallfurious:

-D-
2016-05-11, 05:00 AM
McNinja should go back to the gym. A good ninja and a doctor would carry the giant lumberjacking kid out of the room. You fail, Patrick. :smallfurious:
I feel you are being unfair to our good doctor. He is trying, but between poison and bleeding and the curse he has little choice.

JavaScribe
2016-05-11, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I get that balance might be an issue, but what happened to his superstrength?

Kantaki
2016-05-11, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I get that balance might be an issue, but what happened to his superstrength?

It's not that super? The curse nerfed if? Some third option?

Rater202
2016-05-11, 10:56 AM
A Bunyan is not a vending machine. They are much, much heavier.

Even if doc is strong enough to lift the Bunyan, he probably can't anyway without hurting the Bunyan.

JavaScribe
2016-05-11, 12:11 PM
A Bunyan is not a vending machine. They are much, much heavier.

Even if doc is strong enough to lift the Bunyan, he probably can't anyway without hurting the Bunyan.
I dunno how heavy a Bunyan is, but shattering a metal security door generally requires more strength than lifting a vending machine, at least. Maybe the Doctor could shatter some holes to let the gas out?

Mind you, I fully expect the Bunyan to die. I imagine the next act will feature King Radical doing something to rub it in. Like showing what the Bunyan used to look like.

We've got the Bunyan, and the newly created vampires, think Radical's dragged any other innocent victims into this?

Rater202
2016-05-11, 02:16 PM
Were the newly created vampires even a thing? Did we see any Vamps that weren't Dracula yet?

Because Dracula might have just been Hungry.

JavaScribe
2016-05-11, 02:48 PM
Were the newly created vampires even a thing? Did we see any Vamps that weren't Dracula yet?

Because Dracula might have just been Hungry.
He wouldn't need to leave behind lots of coffins if he were just hungry.

And we learned from the Gorilla story that vampires are created in 2 different ways, black magic, and being vampirically drained of blood.

Kantaki
2016-05-11, 04:20 PM
He wouldn't need to leave behind lots of coffins if he were just hungry.

And we learned from the Gorilla story that vampires are created in 2 different ways, black magic, and being vampirically drained of blood.

Weren't the coffins (and the dead people) just a reference to the original novel by Bram Stoker?
That's how I read the scene at least. But who knows, maybe Dracula will have some minions when he shows up.

Rater202
2016-05-11, 04:35 PM
In the original novel, Dracula took several caskets full of his native soil with him when he went from Transylvania to London.

He also sustained himself by draining the ship's crew.

The plane was a reference to this.

JavaScribe
2016-05-11, 05:15 PM
Never read the novel. Does this mean new vampires need more than a blood draining to be converted?

Kantaki
2016-05-11, 05:52 PM
It has been a while since I last read Dracula, but wasn't there something with the Dracula feeding the victim some of his own blood?
Or was that just for the whole minion-thing?

Rater202
2016-05-11, 06:49 PM
Draining and blood feeding are involved.

Of course, how closely the vamps go to the book is up for debate.

Really, I think it was just a shout out.

Rodin
2016-05-11, 09:31 PM
Most vampire stories I've read has had it where if the vampire drains you completely, you either just die or turn into a ghoul. A ghoul is a mindless ravening undead that feasts on the living.

A vampire can decide to drain only partway, and then either feed you their blood or simply will you into becoming a vampire. If that happens, you're a vampire under their control. The controlled vampires have...varying degrees of free will. Clever forms of betrayal are not uncommon, like in Quest For Glory IV where Ad Avis tricks his vampire master into attacking him, thus breaking the loyalty spell and allowing him to fight back freely.

It's unclear how it works in McNinja-verse, but it's a fair bet that those who got drained are dead-dead.

JavaScribe
2016-05-11, 09:48 PM
It's unclear how it works in McNinja-verse, but it's a fair bet that those who got drained are dead-dead.
These (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/27p47/) two comics (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/27p31/) would seem to suggest it does involve blood draining, but since it wasn't a real vampire, it doesn't completely count.

Anyways, new comic is up.

More dead pirates and a family reunion. Also, is the pyramid really that big? Did the wizards place the Doctor in some sort of pocket dimension, or did they warp the spatial dimensions?

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-12, 12:43 AM
So we aaarrrrrrre (no regrets) doing order or appearance.

Raptor bandido jetpack bodybuilders, here we come.

paddyfool
2016-05-12, 02:11 AM
That was not radical, King R. Not radical at all.

Vinyadan
2016-05-12, 02:52 AM
That's a huge basement.

-D-
2016-05-12, 03:52 AM
That's a huge basement.
Wizards did it.

Flickerdart
2016-05-12, 08:50 AM
That was not radical, King R. Not radical at all.
I suspect he's lying. Patrick is much more vulnerable to gas than a ginormous lumberjack man, so if the room is purged of poison as soon as Doc leaves, the lumberjack should be fine.

JavaScribe
2016-05-12, 09:19 AM
I suspect he's lying. Patrick is much more vulnerable to gas than a ginormous lumberjack man, so if the room is purged of poison as soon as Doc leaves, the lumberjack should be fine.
And why would Radical go to the trouble when it would be so much easier to just make the whole thing real? He doesn't care about the loser, and sparing said loser doesn't make the gas any less lame. I'm not even sure he cares about being radical any more. He just wants the Doctor to suffer as much as possible and die.

Rater202
2016-05-12, 11:39 AM
The Kid is lame, the Giant Lumberjack he turns into is Rad.

Duck999
2016-05-12, 01:38 PM
So we did pirates now. Now what?
Raptor Bandits? Ninja Drugs? The hundred dead ninja AKA zombies?

Kantaki
2016-05-12, 02:22 PM
I don't think the Bandits have a reason to fight Doc. So either Jetpack Guys or raptors I guess. Or the nija drug.

Or some combination. Jetpack Ninja Raptors.

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-12, 03:23 PM

It's probably special lumberjack-killing gas: poisonous to everyone, but especially lethal to Paul Bunyans.

If you think that's silly, keep in mind we're talking about a disease that transforms a child into a giant homicidal lumberjack. The laws of physics and biology are softly weeping in a corner. :smalltongue:

SZbNAhL
2016-05-12, 06:07 PM
I don't think the Bandits have a reason to fight Doc.

Nor do they have the ability, being trapped in the negazone with the President (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p50/) and all.

Kantaki
2016-05-12, 06:18 PM
Nor do they have the ability, being trapped in the negazone with the President (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p50/) and all.

Yes, I think that's a better reason they won't show up.
I didn't remember they choose to accompany Funkhouser on her little holiday.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-13, 12:47 AM
Isn't this whole pyramid pretty much a redesigned negazone, powered by the same ghost magic (plus some extra magic ghosts)?

They do say everyone's least favorite enemy is a friend. Gordito might be up for this one...

Kantaki
2016-05-17, 10:53 AM
Isn't this whole pyramid pretty much a redesigned negazone, powered by the same ghost magic (plus some extra magic ghosts)?

Unless Chuck was lying when he told Team Doc that the entrance to the the Negazone is in the eye at the top of the pyramid that seems unlikely.

The pyramid is just the White House plus whatever Vlad's mooks did to make that weird dungeon for our protagonists to raid.

And that wound looks nasty. I'm surprised Patrick fixed that quickly considering he used a pine needle (or several). Now to the wound on his back.
That one might be a bit tricky.

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-17, 12:06 PM
Awww, I would have liked to see the gross close-up.

Supposedly you can use pine needles for sewing, but they're supposed to be specially-prepared first.

Leewei
2016-05-17, 12:13 PM
It's a shame he didn't fix himself up in the region where he could have simply mimed out the stitching.

SZbNAhL
2016-05-17, 01:00 PM
It's a shame he didn't fix himself up in the region where he could have simply mimed out the stitching.

Then the stitches would have disappeared when he left the area.

SlyGuyMcFly
2016-05-17, 01:06 PM
Then the stitches would have disappeared when he left the area.

I dunno, the stab wound stayed open despite being caused by a mime weapon. Mime stitches might keep the wound closed even after leaving the area.

Kantaki
2016-05-17, 01:15 PM
I dunno, the stab wound stayed open despite being caused by a mime weapon. Mime stitches might keep the wound closed even after leaving the area.

Well, the wound was caused by a mimed object, but it wasn't mimed itself. So why should it vanish? Mimed stiches on the other hand would most likely vanish outside a mime zone.

It's like a Star Trek holodeck, a holografic weapon can injure you and the injury keeps existing when you leave the holodeck. Holographic stiches on the other hand would vanish.

Or imagine Donald had stabbed Doc with a piece of ice, would the wound go away because the ice melts?

SlyGuyMcFly
2016-05-17, 01:29 PM
Exactly. The weapon disappeared but the wound remains. Same with the stitches - the object disappears but the effect remains. I'm not saying would necessarily be the case, but the logic is twisty in the just the right ways to be possible. :smalltongue:

Kantaki
2016-05-17, 02:00 PM
Exactly. The weapon disappeared but the wound remains. Same with the stitches - the object disappears but the effect remains. I'm not saying would necessarily be the case, but the logic is twisty in the just the right ways to be possible. :smalltongue:

Isn't the point of stiches to keep the wound together while it heals? I'm not sure they help that much if they vanish after five minutes. The wound would just open again.

Yuki Akuma
2016-05-17, 02:10 PM

Sure, he'd now have tiny little holes where he sewed through his flesh with a mime-needle and mime-thread. But the mime-thread would vanish and the wound would open again, because it's not the act of getting stitches that keeps the wound closed - it's the actual stitches!

The sword vanishing didn't cause his wound to close because you don't need the sword after getting stabbed to stay stabbed!

Anteros
2016-05-17, 02:56 PM
He could have just used a mime needle and real thread if we want to be this pedantic.

Also, this is so unsanitary. That's definitely getting infected. He would have been better off just packing and stabilizing it. Patrick is apparently a horrible doctor. :smallbiggrin:

eschmenk
2016-05-17, 03:57 PM
Also, this is so unsanitary. That's definitely getting infected. He would have been better off just packing and stabilizing it. Patrick is apparently a horrible doctor. :smallbiggrin:

He has ninja antibodies and his white blood cells wear little masks.

Kornaki
2016-05-17, 05:46 PM
I'm just unclear why Radical is giving him the time to do this, and where the heck the rest of his team went off to? Thinkv they might be able to help?

eschmenk
2016-05-17, 06:05 PM
I agree this pause seems a bit artificial, but there is some in-story justification for it. Radical put pirates there, so it's not as if Radical did nothing. Dan already took care of them, though, so there isn't anything Doc needs to do anymore.

I think Doc will probably head back to the lumberjack kid. If so, the meta reason for the delay would probably be to give the poison time to do something, either kill the kid or maybe cure him/her depending on whether Hastings wants Doc to win or become more grim. The main reason I expect Doc to go back is because the pause seems to be a bit forced, so I think it probably serves some other plot point.

Lethologica
2016-05-18, 04:37 PM
It comes with the territory of being a doctor who is also a ninja, Patrick.

Kantaki
2016-05-18, 04:45 PM
New comic

Okay, is Patrick talking about his foes or the readers?
An Vorlon answer will result in a angry look at the screen and a angry smiley.
Is there even a difference?

The Glyphstone
2016-05-18, 04:52 PM
New comic

Okay, is Patrick talking about his foes or the readers?

Yes.Worrrrds.

Kantaki
2016-05-18, 06:29 PM
Yes.Worrrrds.

:smallfurious:You have been warned

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-20, 12:33 AM
I'm surprised stitching with a pine needle even worked post-curse. Doc still has the touch.

JavaScribe
2016-05-20, 08:54 AM
New comic.

SZbNAhL
2016-05-20, 11:11 AM
So are you guys thinking drug-ninja? Because I'm thinking drug-ninja.

Kantaki
2016-05-20, 03:31 PM
So are you guys thinking drug-ninja? Because I'm thinking drug-ninja.

Nah, I'm with the alttext. It's Dan.

eschmenk
2016-05-20, 03:40 PM
Nah, I'm with the alttext. It's Dan.

Even if the mouseover text is sarcastic? (And there's no blue text or white text saying that that you're being sarcastic or any other colored text. :-? )

JavaScribe
2016-05-20, 03:55 PM
If it isn't Dan, then I'm kind of wondering what happened to him. Not so long ago, they were in the same room if in different parts, right?

Course, in that glimpse of the future, Doc is alone by the time he is about to be targeted by the military, so it's probably for the best if he stays split from them.

Kantaki
2016-05-20, 03:57 PM
Even if the mouseover text is sarcastic? (And there's no blue text or white text saying that that you're being sarcastic or any other colored text. :-? )

Since my first thought upon seeing the comic was "Oh, it's Dan." I'm going with "yes".:smallbiggrin:

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-22, 09:41 AM
The only real hint we get at the identity of the assailant is the staff, and we didn't see Dan with one of those yet this story, so I'm going with not a double bluff, DARE is next up.

It could still be Gordito on ninja drugs or something.

Let's hope it's not Dan on ninja drugs. Or worse, Mitzi.

eschmenk
2016-05-22, 03:12 PM
Well, the thing is that I could imagine Hastings choosing to do a double-bluff and the old stories are repeated with some twist, so what about Dan fighting a bunch of kids on ninja drugs who were all impersonating Doc?

Actually, I'm not terribly fond of that idea. It's a little too close to "Army of One" and I would hope Hastings would reserve the double-bluff for when it seemed even more unlikely to be Dan, but I wouldn't absolutely rule it out.

Obviously, I was dead wrong about Doc going back to check on the kid, so it's not like I'm good at predicting anything in this comic anyway.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-22, 04:06 PM
I think, in hindsight, that the lumberjack gas was supposed to set up the scenario that these won't all be straight up fights. That might become important here. He might have to make another antidote, or heal victims, or solve some sort of sick puzzle that pretty much became impossible to complete because of something he did when he didn't know what the puzzle was, like with the lumberjack gas.

eschmenk
2016-05-22, 05:25 PM
Speaking of "straight up," how did Yoshi climb that ladder? Maybe Judy carried him? Rocket boots? Martin threw him? :smallconfused:

(I guess we can't be certain that Yoshi or even anyone in Dan's group went that way, actually.)

From a meta POV, I think the lumberjack fight was really about making Doc fail in some way. So was the first one. Doc is passing the fights, but not acing them like he used to. I wouldn't have expected the lumberjack fight to have been a straight-up fight. That would have been too easy.

-----

New comic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p54/)

That sad thing is that the mouseover text was so predictable if it was Dan.

Duck999
2016-05-23, 08:45 PM
So I assume this is just Hastings making you think they are on the ninja drug part, but they aren't yet. Will that still happen or will it be skipped here?

Hytheter
2016-05-24, 12:14 AM
Speaking of "straight up," how did Yoshi climb that ladder?

Dang you just gave me flashbacks to playing Timesplitters 2 with my cousins.

"Why can't I climb the ladders?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE A RAPTOR!"

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-24, 12:24 AM
:smallfacepalm: :smallIknowthatsnotasmiley:

Vinyadan
2016-05-24, 04:35 AM
And here I am, wondering if they have cloned his whole family... and the raptor.

BTW, is this also being a parody of those ultradark superhero arcs like "look into darkness, darkness looks at you?" Like when Osborn tried to turn Peter Parker into his heir?

Fri
2016-05-25, 01:21 PM
Is it just me or Dan looks strangely maudlin, or at least introspective, at second panel.

Lethologica
2016-05-25, 01:33 PM
Is it just me or Dan looks strangely maudlin, or at least introspective, at second panel.
He looks wistful. Like he's musing on the joy he felt blowing up pirates, and wishes he'd kept some around so he could blow them up now.

eschmenk
2016-05-25, 02:31 PM
But Mitzi acted like a mother for one panel! :smalleek:

SZbNAhL
2016-05-25, 02:50 PM
But Mitzi acted like a mother for one panel! :smalleek:

Proof that these are actually clones!

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-26, 04:10 AM
O no, a burning pirate captain! Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire!

Cazero
2016-05-26, 05:51 AM
But if he's not dead, he's a zombie ! And the only zombies we saw were ninjas !
Wich means... Pirate Ninja Zombie Ghost Vampire Wizard Robot Monkeys ! With guns ! Oh noes !

JavaScribe
2016-05-27, 08:47 AM
Oh come on Dan, you have a fireproof ninja suite, take advantage of it!

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-05-27, 12:55 PM
The legendary ninjas' only weakness, people on fire.

(Next page someone will hit him with that staff, ninjas can still hit you when you're on fire.)

Giggling Ghast
2016-05-27, 01:20 PM
Amusingly, all four characters are posed in the exact same way as the t-shirt.

http://www.onelargeprawn.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/Ninja_cant_catch_01.jpg

Duck999
2016-05-27, 01:35 PM
Amusingly, all four characters are posed in the exact same way as the t-shirt.

http://www.onelargeprawn.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2010/Ninja_cant_catch_01.jpg

I guarantee that is on purpose. And I guess this is it for D.A.R.E.? This was from that chapter, right?

eschmenk
2016-05-27, 02:27 PM
I think they should wait for Judy to check out Doc's self-surgery. If she decides to redo it, she might want to use the pirate to boil water, sterilize needles, make coffee, or something. Doc skimped on that stuff, but Judy probably wouldn't.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed with what Dan said. Yes, I know it was a reference back, but Dan should have wanted to kill the pirate rather than catch it. [EDIT: OK, the t-shirt pose adds to the joke and helps to justify it.] Granted, killing it without flinging bits of burning pirate that might slither after them all over the place might be problematic. Unfortunately, I suspect that keeping the burning pirate in one piece might be the best option, even though it would probably complicate things. They could probably go back down the ladder and go on the far side of the lake and see if the pirate tries to walk straight across, but would they just run into more burning pirates?

If they didn't have to worry about the pirate giving away their location, they could just bring the pirate with them. He would be useful for illuminating dark areas, cooking meals, and such. If they got tired and needed to sleep, the pirate would become a problem at that point, though.

lord_khaine
2016-05-27, 06:20 PM
You need to catch someone before you can kill them!

Though thankfully Gordito is not a ninja, so i kinda expect him to deal with the matter shortly ;)

ericgrau
2016-05-27, 10:15 PM
Doc does have a sword. Come to think of it, why doesn't his family have weapons?

Flickerdart
2016-06-01, 03:39 PM
An update!

Seems like Gordito has been infected with the ninja drug? But...does that actually hinder them in any way whatsoever?

Anteros
2016-06-01, 03:43 PM
Has he? I didn't take it that way. I just assumed he finally picked up some fighting ability after constantly training and fighting with the Mcninjas for a decade. I could see it being the drug now that you say it though.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-01, 03:50 PM
I take Doc's comment to mean "Really? Cuz he just showed himself to be equal in badassery to a ninja."

That was pretty badass, though. Even if all he did, technically, was finish off a dying man.

Rater202
2016-06-01, 04:11 PM
An update!

Seems like Gordito has been infected with the ninja drug? But...does that actually hinder them in any way whatsoever?

He spent over a year, possibly more, living with, fighting along side, and being trained by Doc and sometimes Doc's family.

Doc made an RPG metaphor a while back, about how Frans wan't a threat anymore becuase Doc's leveled up a bunch since then.

Gordito's primary class is "Dinosaur riding Bandito" but he's probably taken a few levels of Ninja by now.

This is probably what was being referenced, because Slim Little fatty did a ninja flip.

Lethologica
2016-06-01, 04:13 PM
Why are you guys debating whether Gordito is a ninja? He just demonstrated that he is not a ninja. Case closed.

eschmenk
2016-06-01, 04:16 PM
I take Doc's comment to mean "Really? Cuz he just showed himself to be equal in badassery to a ninja."

That was pretty badass, though. Even if all he did, technically, was finish off a dying man.

I'm not so sure the burning pirate was finished off, given that it was still yelling. Granted, he hadn't hit the ground yet. I doubt we will see him again for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him again.

I think the hand on Doc in the last panel is Dan pushing Doc away from Gordito, as if he wants Doc to move along into a trap or at least not look at Gordito too closely, but that would be an art error. Dan wears fingerless gloves and Mitzi wears full gloves. Doc couldn't have placed his own hand there. (Well maybe he could, but it would be weird.) If Gordito did it, that would be uncharacteristic behavior and another reason for Doc to wonder about Gordito. I think Dan is the most likely candidate, though. In any case, I don't trust Gordito. Since I don't trust Gordito, I don't know what's going on.

Why are you guys debating whether Gordito is a ninja? He just demonstrated that he is not a ninja. Case closed.

You are joking, right?

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-01, 04:38 PM
Me too Doc.

The boy's straight up defying Newton.

(That's just Doc's own hand. Also, if he was a ninja he wouldn't have been able to catch the pirate, which was on fire. Although the ninja drug option is a pretty good one, I'm leaving that one open.)

Rater202
2016-06-01, 04:54 PM
So I just remembered that Gordito's father, the Flying Shooting Juan, was not only a stunt shooter but also a circus acrobat.

If we assume that he was the one to teach Gordito gun-slinging, well, Gordito might have some acrobat training as well.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-01, 05:20 PM
That was a Street Fighter-style Guile flash kick, right?

eschmenk
2016-06-01, 06:53 PM
(That's just Doc's own hand. Also, if he was a ninja he wouldn't have been able to catch the pirate, which was on fire. Although the ninja drug option is a pretty good one, I'm leaving that one open.)

OK, on second look the arm doesn't come from as far back as I thought, so yes Doc could have his hand it that position. I guess it's a "You could have fooled me" gesture.

Gordito didn't catch a anyone and the idea that it's really impossible for ninjas, especially ones who haven't been psyched out by Dan, to catch people who are on fire seems questionable, but I haven't noticed anyone arguing that Gordito is a ninja in the first place.

Lethologica
2016-06-01, 07:39 PM
You are joking, right?
Yes, of course. Now, the follow-up question: am I serious?

Rodin
2016-06-01, 10:45 PM
That was a Street Fighter-style Guile flash kick, right?

Can't be, he didn't crouch down for 2 seconds before doing it.

Except...the AI in Street Fighter could cheat and do it without holding down!

OH MY GOD GORDITO'S A ROBOT!!!!

TaRix
2016-06-02, 10:21 PM
Can't be, he didn't crouch down for 2 seconds before doing it.

Except...the AI in Street Fighter could cheat and do it without holding down!

OH MY GOD GORDITO'S A ROBOT!!!!

Hey, you can charge it while jumping, just hold down while airborne.

lord_khaine
2016-06-05, 06:38 PM
Gordito didn't catch a anyone and the idea that it's really impossible for ninjas, especially ones who haven't been psyched out by Dan, to catch people who are on fire seems questionable, but I haven't noticed anyone arguing that Gordito is a ninja in the first place.

More or less questionable than organic jetpacks?

eschmenk
2016-06-05, 07:21 PM
More or less questionable than organic jetpacks?

Assuming the question is, "Can organic jetpacks exist in the McNinja universe," then more, IMO.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-05, 09:48 PM
Ninjas are Mortal Kombat. As I pointed out above, Gordito's moves are pure Street Fighter. :smalltongue:

Fri
2016-06-06, 01:12 AM
At this rate, Gordito will end up as Rising Zan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE9SOhn_ImU).

Duck999
2016-06-06, 05:05 PM
I'm not keeping track enough to figure this out myself:
Is the comic updating not on regular schedule or are the updates coming later in the day?

Porthos
2016-06-06, 08:14 PM
I'm not keeping track enough to figure this out myself:
Is the comic updating not on regular schedule or are the updates coming later in the day?

Updating irregularly, but still usually at a random time on M/W/F. Very rarely a date "late".

He's a busy cartoonist now though, so it's hardly unexpected.

eschmenk
2016-06-06, 09:16 PM
Anyway, the new comic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p59/) is up now.

Maybe Robster can do some recruiting?

Is he still indoors? The shoddy tombstones are probably fake (not just a joke), so apparently he is.

If Robster just sends an army of ninja zombies at Doc & co., it would be a little too straightforward. I doubt he'll just die, but I'm not sure. What else might happen?

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-09, 01:12 AM
Comic updated! (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p60/)

Confrontation with Frans Rayner is imminent! Well, at least Dan is enjoying himself.

JavaScribe
2016-06-09, 01:58 AM
Comic updated! (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p60/)

Confrontation with Frans Rayner is imminent! Well, at least Dan is enjoying himself.

Though Doc has had two encounters with Frans. Are they skipping one, combining them, or will Frans find a way to do both? Plus, the seen his face and vice president plots haven't played out yet.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-09, 02:39 AM
Well, technically speaking, he didn't have the cyborg eye in their first encounter, so it's not an exact re-creation.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-09, 11:05 AM
They might skip Rayner for the first one, or give the second one to Old.

Dan is just way too happy. Follow your dad's example Patrick, smile a little more.

Also, am I supposed to feel like this is foreshadowing that Gordito will need a good home ones Doc is gone?

eschmenk
2016-06-09, 03:28 PM
Dan is just way too happy. Follow your dad's example Patrick, smile a little more.

Also, am I supposed to feel like this is foreshadowing that Gordito will need a good home ones Doc is gone?

I don't think so. If Hastings intends to kill off just Doc, he wouldn't need to prepare us for Dan and Mitzi to take Gordito in. They already did so when Radical imprisoned Doc. Dan blew up Doc's office, so Gordito is probably still living with them. Alternatively, if Hastings is preparing to kill off Doc, Dan and Mitzi, I don't see how this page foreshadows what would happen.

I think the page is merely about Doc having to face his failures. He didn't raise Gordito as well as he would have wanted to do and he allowed the kid with the Paul Bunyan disease to die. Doc will probably either be feeling discouraged enough to affect his performance in the next part of the story or Doc will be given additional reasons to feel bad and it will come to a head later. Dan's happiness provides a huge contrast.

Vinyadan
2016-06-10, 05:11 AM
I think the page is merely about Doc having to face his failures. He didn't raise Gordito as well as he would have wanted to do and he allowed the kid with the Paul Bunyan disease to die. Doc will probably either be feeling discouraged enough to affect his performance in the next part of the story or Doc will be given additional reasons to feel bad and it will come to a head later. Dan's happiness provides a huge contrast.

I think "First I did this, then I did that, and then I sold my parents and brother to pirates to show them how good a doctor ninja I am" also counts as failure.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-10, 04:37 PM
Update: the order of who Doc faced when is irrelevant.

Dracula's up next.

I hope velociraptors are immune to zombies AND vampires.

eschmenk
2016-06-10, 07:00 PM
It's canonical. Raptors can climb ladders. :smallsmile:

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-11, 09:32 AM
O no, surprise Dracula!

Which suggests the question: Is Doc afraid of Dracula, or of not understanding the order in which Radical throws things at him?

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-11, 06:39 PM
It's canonical. Raptors can climb ladders. :smallsmile:

Well, if they can open doors, then they can climb ladders!

Anteros
2016-06-12, 12:59 AM
So did Hastings just forget that Marty exists, or did something happen to him?

Cazero
2016-06-12, 01:12 AM

*LE GASP*
The one person who could have carried an unconscious giant child out of the gas trap ! Why is the world so unfair !

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-12, 10:31 AM
Oh, yeah, where did he split up with the family? If even the robster is still inside he can't be gone. But what kind of side objective could he have been sent to complete?

Chives
2016-06-15, 12:14 AM
:smalleek::smalleek:

Right. Gordito wouldn't die.

Hastings was very specific.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-15, 12:53 AM
O no, first Marty and now Gordito!

Yes, I'm totally expecting to see Marty back soon now. This time he'll be Michael Jackson.

It's a good thing it got a bit lighter though, so they can see what's going on.

smuchmuch
2016-06-15, 02:18 AM
So, uh ninja gunslinger circus acrobat bandito and now ossibly vampire on top ? Halfway there (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p9/)

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-15, 02:32 AM
Of course Dracula would attack Gordito. Half the point of this trap is to break Doc emotionally.

I was wondering that too. Maybe they sent him in another direction? He's pretty tough on his own.

Kantaki
2016-06-15, 12:26 PM
Of course Dracula would attack Gordito. Half the point of this trap is to break Doc emotionally.

Well, considering his reaction Drak isn't eating Gordito because he likes the taste.:smallamused:

Flickerdart
2016-06-15, 01:18 PM
Well, considering his reaction Drak isn't eating Gordito because he likes the taste.:smallamused:

No, that's just the sound vampires make. Less like "blech" and more like "bweeeh."

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-15, 03:55 PM
The vampire "bleh" (sometimes spelled as "blah") is much like the zombie moan of "braaaaaaains." It's just a thing some of them do.

Observe. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5v06_IC5I)

dogmac
2016-06-15, 04:53 PM
Maybe the promise to his wife turns out to be...

Gordito lives. As an undead vampire.

Vinyadan
2016-06-16, 08:57 AM
The vampire "bleh" (sometimes spelled as "blah") is much like the zombie moan of "braaaaaaains." It's just a thing some of them do.

Observe. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5v06_IC5I)

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p31/

JavaScribe
2016-06-17, 01:07 PM
Actually, this might very well be the only reason Gordito survives. We already know that when the next time incursion occurs, Doc is going to be all on his own.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-17, 02:29 PM
Where does Dan keep that staff? :smallconfused:

It keeps being there and then not being there for a few panels at a time.

scienceguy8
2016-06-17, 06:14 PM
http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p31/

Why does that farmer look like Trump?

Anteros
2016-06-17, 06:55 PM
Actually, this might very well be the only reason Gordito survives. We already know that when the next time incursion occurs, Doc is going to be all on his own.

I hope not. The comic is too lighthearted to get away with the ending being that depressing. It's not exactly game of thrones.

smuchmuch
2016-06-17, 11:18 PM
Well, without killing everyone, possible there might one or two dath. With the one exeption of Dracula appearing here, if the encounters do more or less follow every of the docotr battles so far, and in absence of any convenient astronaut to sacrifice (ohad the nasaghast is destroyed anyway) , there may be need for some people to do something ... drastic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/21p46/) if a 'Geneo 3' shows up or even just some kind of time beast related thing as a stand in.

(I mean it's unlikely Radical and his pause could have procurated any of the space dinosaurs but the Horrorsaurus were lab bred and, with that 'related to the time beast ? yes but it's a storry for another time' alt text back then (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/21p72/), that jsut has to come back in one form or another.)

I very much doubt it though.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-18, 01:18 AM
I hope not. The comic is too lighthearted to get away with the ending being that depressing. It's not exactly game of thrones.

That's exactly what I've been thinking for a while. He promises us this ending where a lot of people die and stuff, but it completely doesn't fit the tone of the comics so far (with the exception of the dinosaur past of the future, which we kind of skimmed over). Sure, having Sparklelord kill Ron was a good start, but the last part of this second half of the end is going to have to get so much more gritty than even the first 3/4 of the same storyline to deliver on that nobody is safe thing...

Fri
2016-06-20, 09:34 AM
Actually, depending on the tone of stories, someone being a vampire might not be a depressing thing at all. And Dr Mcninja is one setting where it might actually be lighthearted. Not saying that gordito will become one, but if he become one, it might just be treated as a silly thing and he'll survive as immortal gunslinging vampire vigilante up to the far future.

Flickerdart
2016-06-20, 10:22 AM
Actually, depending on the tone of stories, someone being a vampire might not be a depressing thing at all. And Dr Mcninja is one setting where it might actually be lighthearted. Not saying that gordito will become one, but if he become one, it might just be treated as a silly thing and he'll survive as immortal gunslinging vampire vigilante up to the far future.

But then he remains a teenager forever! At least he has the moustache.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-20, 05:13 PM
Someone should have brought a spacesuit.

XXL.

eschmenk
2016-06-20, 07:29 PM
New comic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p64/) one comment ago

Which do we want to see least, Gordito as a vampire or Marty as a zombie?

Rodin
2016-06-20, 07:37 PM
Do zombies create other zombies with a bite in the McNinja universe? I don't recall whether that was actually specified.

I wouldn't think that the original set would have. They were reanimated thanks to Franklin's eternal-life fiddling, and even if it were contagious that shouldn't take effect until after someone is dead. There isn't an infection that just outright kills anybody bitten.

Then again, since classic zombies do, and the McNinja-verseruns on tropes, they almost certainly do.

ericgrau
2016-06-20, 07:48 PM
Poor toilet.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-20, 08:14 PM
Now he's been bitten by a vampire AND a zombie! He just needs to be attacked by a werewolf to complete the trifecta.

And yes, zombie bites are infectious in the McNinja universe. Go back and read "Revenge of the Hundred Dead Ninja."

JavaScribe
2016-06-20, 11:05 PM
Do zombies create other zombies with a bite in the McNinja universe? I don't recall whether that was actually specified.

I wouldn't think that the original set would have. They were reanimated thanks to Franklin's eternal-life fiddling, and even if it were contagious that shouldn't take effect until after someone is dead. There isn't an infection that just outright kills anybody bitten.

Then again, since classic zombies do, and the McNinja-verseruns on tropes, they almost certainly do.
This page (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/20p9/) would suggest yes, and they must have had some way of spreading to have overrun Mayor Chuck's original timeline.

Let's hope his skin is too tough for the necromancy to penetrate.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-20, 11:11 PM
As an ogre, Marty might be immune. Doubly so, if he's a vampire ogre.

Fri
2016-06-22, 06:23 AM
But then he remains a teenager forever! At least he has the moustache.

Well, isn't that the reason why someone would want to move away from teenagehood? To get the moustache? Since he already got them, then it's all okay :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2016-06-22, 09:01 AM
Well, isn't that the reason why someone would want to move away from teenagehood? To get the moustache? Since he already got them, then it's all okay :smallbiggrin:

Also to get over the acne, voice breaking, and so on.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-22, 11:28 AM
Geez, maybe Martin should have gone home.

eschmenk
2016-06-22, 11:59 AM
New comic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p65/) one comment ago again?

Repeating the artwork didn't work for me.

I guess we'll see if he's still very gullible while in monster form?

Scowling Dragon
2016-06-22, 01:12 PM
Lets hope he got vampired already.

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-22, 09:14 PM
Lets hope he got vampired already.

That, uh ... that might not be better.

Scowling Dragon
2016-06-23, 01:57 AM
He might have more control over himself. Plus Doc Hopefully has rice to spill.

JavaScribe
2016-06-23, 12:30 PM
I was kind of hoping we would learn what happened to Mary before this sort of thing happened.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-23, 04:54 PM
I was kind of hoping we would learn what happened to Mary before this sort of thing happened.

That would be the longest range killshot in the comic to date, Mary's house crashing in to deliver some sort of plot device. :smalleek:

JavaScribe
2016-06-23, 06:02 PM
I doubt Mary will come in before we learn the specifics of how Doc's curse works. After all, both her power and the curse involve "miracles".

Flickerdart
2016-06-24, 09:33 AM
Who is Mary?

Rodin
2016-06-24, 09:46 AM
Who is Mary?

Mary is one of the teen superheroes that Doc hung out with in college along with Marty. IIRC, she was faith-based and so her powers were always something that could be chalked off as coincidence. When she got attacked after Marty spilled the beans, a tornado picked up her house and whisked her halfway across the country.

SZbNAhL
2016-06-24, 10:19 AM
Who is Mary?

One of Doc's superteam in college who disappeared in tornado-based circumstances (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/13p9/)

Edit: McNinja'd by somebody who's better at writing summaries

Giggling Ghast
2016-06-24, 10:45 AM
Update! Ogre power saves the day!

Kantaki
2016-06-24, 11:27 AM
So, what are the odds Gordido will end up as a gunslinger ninja ogre?

And that sounds like something Chuck Goodrich would love*. Because it would remind him of home.

*Or would have at least before the whole mess with Rainbow Pony.

Anteros
2016-06-24, 11:44 AM
One of Doc's superteam in college who disappeared in tornado-based circumstances (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/13p9/)

Edit: McNinja'd by somebody who's better at writing summaries

Well I just spent the last hour binge reading the Mcninja archives. Why did you do this to me?

SZbNAhL
2016-06-24, 12:16 PM
So, what are the odds Gordido will end up as a gunslinger ninja ogre?

And that sounds like something Chuck Goodrich would love*. Because it would remind him of home.

*Or would have at least before the whole mess with Rainbow Pony.

Hmm...
1) The McNinjaverse runs on Rule of Cool; ogre!Gordito would be pretty much in-keeping therewith.
2) It would maintain the fine comic-book tradition of blood-transfusions giving super-powers (see also: She-Hulk, Beast Boy). Since Marty's pretty much a purple Hulk who owns a supermarket, it would make sense his powers would transfer the same way.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-24, 02:02 PM
Marty changing size confirmed.

Also: Yeah, Marty is not dying!

I'm just not sure if I'm excited Gordito will become an ogre rather than a vampire. Dracula is a pretty cool dude after all...

Anteros
2016-06-24, 02:50 PM
Maybe he can be both. He can be a Mustachioed-Raptor Riding-Bandito-Ninja-Vampire-Ogre.

Leewei
2016-06-24, 04:16 PM
Maybe he can be both. He can be a Mustachioed-Raptor Riding-Bandito-Ninja-Vampire-Ogre.

This makes utterly perfect sense for the comic.

The Glyphstone
2016-06-24, 04:25 PM
Where are they going to find a raptor big enough? The Bunyan Blue Ox is more of an anomaly tied to that specific folklore than a reproducible effect.

Kantaki
2016-06-24, 04:32 PM
Where are they going to find a raptor big enough? The Bunyan Blue Ox is more of an anomaly tied to that specific folklore than a reproducible effect.

That's simple.
Yoshi gets ogre blood too.

eschmenk
2016-06-24, 05:11 PM
That's simple.
Yoshi gets ogre blood too.

Or maybe Robert Murdoch also has some T-Rex on his island?

Vinyadan
2016-06-24, 06:42 PM
Seriously, Dracula is still fixated over Gordito, after all this time? Dude's a creep.

Cazero
2016-06-25, 02:10 AM

Meh. Needs more cyborg parts, pirate training, mime skills, organic jetpack, tennis mastery, radicalness...

Rodin
2016-06-25, 03:06 AM
I'm still convinced that when we next see them, Gordito will be fine and Drac will have been Gordito'd and have a giant moustache.

Because he is the badass kid, and the power of the moustache is strong in him.

Vinyadan
2016-06-25, 04:50 AM
I'm still convinced that when we next see them, Gordito will be fine and Drac will have been Gordito'd and have a giant moustache.

Because he is the badass kid, and the power of the moustache is strong in him.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Vlad_Tepes_001.jpg

Vlad likes this!

JavaScribe
2016-06-27, 03:33 PM
New comic.

A failure on Radical's part. But as a consolation, he does get the opportunity to kill off the Doc's family.

Vinyadan
2016-06-27, 06:50 PM
Must have supposed to have been? That's quite the sentence.

eschmenk
2016-06-27, 07:31 PM
So is Doc going to just carry around the vial of Marty's blood? Can he make a cure out of it where he's at? Is he going to do it before the party splits so Dan Judy can administer the cure when they encounter Gordito? (I would trust Marty with a needle before I would trust Dan. Maybe even Yoshi.)

Yuki Akuma
2016-06-27, 07:36 PM
Must have supposed to have been? That's quite the sentence.

And yet, it makes sense! Isn't English wonderful/totally ****ed?

-D-
2016-06-28, 05:05 AM
Aren't natural languages totally wonder-****ed?
Fixed for great justice.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-06-29, 12:08 AM
I don't think Dan gets to fight Dracula. Patrick gets Dracula, the others get the ghost wizards.

Kind of like a double bluff, they leave out the non-zombified ninjas so they can surprise Doc by sticking to the right order afterwards.

Vinyadan
2016-06-30, 04:13 AM
So, there's a new page.
clone or mirror? Or Any Guy In Ninja Mask?

The Glyphstone
2016-06-30, 04:25 AM
Mirror. This is the Dracula fight, of course there will be mirrors that Drac is invisible in.

Hytheter
2016-06-30, 06:01 AM
Yeah but that trick was already established to be ineffective in the last Dracula battle.

I say clone, imitating mirrors.

eschmenk
2016-06-30, 11:04 AM
Maybe Gordito is already turned and will be invisible, too?

Rater202
2016-06-30, 12:08 PM
Possible, but I don't think that's likely.

Cazero
2016-06-30, 12:34 PM
*sudden realisation*
Did Doc completely forgot to science (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p13/) Marty's blood to make an actual antidote from it? I was expecting so much more from him !

eschmenk
2016-06-30, 12:44 PM
Possible, but I don't think that's likely.

Another thought: Could the mirrors be intended to make Doc expect Dracula so he can be surprised by someone else.

*sudden realisation*
Did Doc completely forgot to science (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/30p13/) Marty's blood to make an actual antidote from it? I was expecting so much more from him !

I already asked about that and a few other things. I think we just don't know.

Rater202
2016-06-30, 12:47 PM
Another thought: Could the mirrors be intended to make Doc expect Dracula so he can be surprised by someone else.

More likely, me thinks.

SZbNAhL
2016-06-30, 01:21 PM
*sudden realisation*

I guess he only had time to swish a flask around while talking to himself (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/10p21/).

eschmenk
2016-07-01, 07:26 PM
New comic (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/33p69/)

Is the number of mirrors increasing? Are mirrors even involved in what is happening? Should all of the Docs be turned toward us in the bottom panel?

Anteros
2016-07-01, 07:42 PM
Maybe it's not Dracula at all and it's actually Old Mcninja? It would make Doc's line at the end of the comic a fairly clever play on words.

eschmenk
2016-07-01, 08:02 PM
Maybe it's not Dracula at all and it's actually Old Mcninja? It would make Doc's line at the end of the comic a fairly clever play on words.

That would make a lot of sense. Doc might notice that the mirror images aren't reversed correctly and figure it out.

Duck999
2016-07-05, 04:56 PM
No new comic yesterday because of July 4th? Usually he at least puts a note up that says so.

Giggling Ghast
2016-07-06, 03:26 PM
Comic finally updated!

It's not Dracula at all! It's a mirror match! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MirrorMatch)

Lethologica
2016-07-06, 04:29 PM
So, there's a new page.

<spoiler>clone or mirror? Or Any Guy In Ninja Mask?</spoiler>
The answer is "yes".

eschmenk
2016-07-06, 04:57 PM
That would make a lot of sense. Doc might notice that the mirror images aren't reversed correctly and figure it out.

Well, the mirror image that punched him wasn't reversed quite correctly and I think Doc figured it out. :smallbiggrin:

Doc should be glad that he didn't chop at the mirrors with his sword. And Old should be glad that Doc's coat cleaned up so well, although he probably could have imitated that easily enough.

Hytheter
2016-07-06, 06:14 PM
Awwww yeah I called it

Fri
2016-07-06, 06:54 PM
Awwww yeah I called it

You should be proud. Maybe you're the most radical among us in this thread.

dogmac
2016-07-06, 09:55 PM
I came in to applaud all who said it would be Old.

And to wonder how one gets a punch to sound like "CLONE"

Kantaki
2016-07-08, 12:19 PM
New Comic

Ah yes, that is a good motivation. I'm sure there are many who share it.