PDA

View Full Version : Help with strength boosts

flappeercraft
2016-04-26, 12:16 AM
So right now I'm on a party that has a fighter 1/wizard 3 dwarf, a fighter 3 hobgoblin, a cleric 3 human and a barbarian 1/fighter 1/dragon shaman 1 half-orc. The whole party is looking for ways to improve the hobgoblin's and half-orcs damage outputs and strength bonuses (mostly for the half-orc) so any help finding ways is helpful. The bonuses don't need to be permanent or full day lasting a spell like bull strength is ok. Until now what we do is cast bull strength and blade of blood on the half-orc really quick while he rages and activates dragon shaman's power aura, also he fights with a greatsword. Any suggestions? If you need more information just ask and I will post what you need.

Âmesang
2016-04-26, 12:34 AM
If you have access to an enlarge person effect you could, probably, have him take levels in the warhulk prestige class; every level gives him a +2 to Strength… but in return his base attack bonus won't go up.

First thing that came to my mind, anyway.

Troacctid
2016-04-26, 01:03 AM
A magic item can give you an enhancement bonus to Strength. It costs 4,000 gp for +2, 16,000 gp for +4, or 36,000 gp for +6.

I also recommend Armbands of Might, which are only 4,100 gp and give you a +2 bonus to damage when you Power Attack for -2 or more, and a Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault, which is 3,000 gp and slots into a magic weapon to give it your choice of +1d6 fire, acid, cold, or electricity damage.