PDA

View Full Version : [NPC Class] The Seer!

Lysander
2007-06-24, 01:36 AM
The classic fantasy gyspy, feared as a witch and respected as a prophet. Either traveling in a band or as a lone wise woman living on the outskirts of a village your players may find that they require their guidance.

Hit die: d4

Class Skills:
Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disguise, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana, Planes, Nature, Geography, History, Local), Listen, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Use Magic Device

Skill Points at 1st Level
(6 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
6 + Int modifier.

{table="head"]Level|BaB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|1|2|3|4|5
1|+0|0|0|+2|Summon Familiar|3|0|0|0|0
2|+1|0|0|+3||3|1|0|0|0
3|+2|1|1|+3|Bestow Curse|3|1|1|0|0
4|+3|1|1|+4||3|1|1|1|0
5|+4|2|2|+4|True Seeing|3|1|1|1|1
[/table]

The seer is proficient with the dagger. They are not proficient with any armor or shields.

The Seer can summon a familiar exactly as the sorceror can.

Spells
A seer can cast only divination spells from the sorceror/wizard spell list. She/he knows all divination spells and does not need to prepare them ahead of time.

Bestow Curse
Slighting a seer can be a bad move. Once per week a seer may lay a curse on a person, per the spell. If the seer is slain the killer/s (one per seer level) will have bestow curse laid on them, even if the seer already cursed someone that week.

True Seeing
At level 5 a seer has perpetual true seeing.

Gaelbert
2007-06-24, 01:43 AM
So does she rely on Int? And, even though it is only Divination, it seems overpowered to have level 5 spells at level 5. That's just my opinion though, and I'm notoriously bad at determining how over/underpowered something is. I do like the concept, though.

Bitzeralisis
2007-06-24, 01:44 AM
Just a few problems. Otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

1) Too much BaB.
2) What ability is their spellcasting based off?
3) A bit too many skills.

Edit. Coolgalebert has a point about 5th level spells at 5th level.