PDA

View Full Version : E6 NPC build

Telonius
2016-04-26, 02:01 PM
Misha & company, please stay out!

I'm putting together an e6 campaign. The players will be "masked superheroes" in a Discworld-ish setting, and I'm starting to put together my Rogues' Gallery. Here's what I've come up with for one of them: a Cat Burglar (literally). The idea is that the Tibbit hangs out in cat form most of the time, to mask the fact that (he or she, haven't decided yet) is actually the one breaking into all of the banks or art galleries. The Clever Improviser skill trick allows the Tibbit to forego Thieves' Tools. (I'm picturing, using their claws to pick locks or cut through glass, that sort of thing).

Where I'm having a bit of difficulty is picking out the maneuvers. Only one level of Swordsage, so basically four usable maneuvers. Stance has to be Child of Shadow (for Shadow Blade) and two of the maneuvers are going to be taken up with Cloak of Deception (Invisibility) and Distracting Ember(flanking). So, what to give my evil klepto kitty for the others?

Tibbit Rogue2/Cobra Strike Monk 2/Swordsage1/Thief-Acrobat1

Str 10->8
Dex 18->20
Con 14
Int 17
Wis 15
Cha 15

Feats:
1 Rogue1 Craven
3 Monk1 Dodge (Monk), Unarmed Strike (Monk), Weapon Finesse
4 Monk2 Mobility (Monk)
6 T-A1 Shadow Blade
6+ Elusive Target, Tactile Trapsmith

Skill tricks: Clever Improviser at level 6

(Notable houserules: Monk gets full BAB, Weapon Finesse loses the prerequisite, Open Lock and Disable Device are one skill, Hide and Move Silently are one skill, Balance and Tumble are one skill)

Inevitability
2016-04-26, 02:17 PM
Shadow Jaunt can help in the few cases where you have line of effect and sight to something but can't reach it directly, and also helps when retreating from fights.

Burning Brand may also be useful: it should technically work with natural weapons, and Tibbits can use a bit of reach. Not to mention that it allows you to ignore DR.

Troacctid
2016-04-26, 02:27 PM
Mountain Hammer, for when you need to bust through a safe the hard way.

Gildedragon
2016-04-26, 02:44 PM
I'd ditch the monk levels for more (unarmed) swordsage; 4 swordsage levels give you access to 3rd level maneuvers, and a 3rd level stance
That is probably more useful than the benefits from monk 2
also craven is only going to give you +6 to damage

my progression would go:

Flaws (if possible)
Coward (you already don't have a compunction against penalties to fear):
Individualist (you aren't that armored or weaponed up)
Feats: Master of Poisons; Craven (if you still want it); Other feats
1: Rogue 2, Weapon Finesse
3: Swordsage 3, Shadow Blade
6: Swordsage 4, exchange stance, Tactile Trapsmith

OR

1:Swordsage 1, Weapon Finesse, 2 flaws, Master of Poisons, Shadow Blade
2-3 Rogue
4-6 Swordsage

Inevitability
2016-04-27, 03:47 AM
Mountain Hammer, for when you need to bust through a safe the hard way.

I'm now imagining a tibbit chewing itself through a safe. Good job, sir, you made my sides hurt.