PDA

View Full Version : Rip the 9th wonder of the world

TheThan
2016-04-26, 03:45 PM
I didn't see a thread so i thought I'd make one.
I found yesterday, apparently Chyna the 9th wonder of the world, professional wrestler passed away (http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/chyna-wrestler-dead/) last week. This is pretty tragic; she was an icon and a pioneer in professional wrestling and was a one of a kind. Truly the 9th wonder of the world.

SaintRidley
2016-04-26, 04:10 PM
Ninth wonder of the world. Andre the Giant was the eighth.

Very sad to see Chyna gone. They did a very tasteful video package last night on Raw, and it was far more than I would have expected given the relatively acrimonious relationship between her and the company prior to her death. That said, it was well-deserved. Chyna was a pioneer in women's wrestling at WWE's level, and the way they built her as a character and performer was something it would take far too long for them to start applying to the other women in their employ. The young women currently involved in the company - the Sashas and Beckys and Charlottes and Paiges - they will be the first generation, now that we're past the worst of the era Chyna came up in and now that the company is at least outwardly trying to emphasize its women as equal performers, to really benefit from Chyna's legacy.

TheThan
2016-04-26, 04:13 PM
Ninth wonder of the world. Andre the Giant was the eighth.

would have sworn i typed 9th. fixed it.

Traab
2016-04-26, 04:18 PM
I thought they called her the 8th and 9th wonder of the world as a lame joke about boobs, even though her rack wasnt exactly legendary. Eh, either way, I was sorry to hear about it happening. She was an interesting character in the wwe. A female wrestler who wasnt also a barbie doll (only with more plastic) She was big, she was strong, and she kicked butt.