PDA

View Full Version : Comic: Heroes of Lesser Earth

harmjoy
2006-01-20, 06:58 PM
After reading the rules carefully, I decided it is safe to post this in the comic discussion page.

Web comic link to Heroes of Lesser Earth:
http://www.holecomic.com

It's a fantasy based RPG influenced ongoing series called "Heroes of Lesser Earth". It updates twice a week.

I really think it's funny, but I have to confess that I am biased since I know the artist. You can judge for yourself. He loves Order of the Stick - so I bet you'd like his humor too.

:)

nick012000
2006-01-21, 02:10 AM
You might want to work on the site design a bit. Having the strips in a drop down box rather than a column along the side in the archives will prevent the distortion of the page once there are a bunch of strips. Also, put the Forward/Backward buttons in the archive as well as the Latest Strip link.

Other than that, it looks pretty good on the whole.

Aggroberry
2006-01-21, 10:45 AM
In the interest of disclosure I also know the artist…

…However, I also like this strip and I believe I would like it even if I didn't know the guy. I especially like the fighter's green-hilted sword named Homage. The scene with the Quest Board cracks me up every time.

omikapsi
2006-01-24, 01:28 PM
The art is well done, and the writing is amusing. I'd really prefer it if the archive included a forward/back option and a way to bookmark scripts in the archive. Otherwise it seems quite nice.

Samiam303
2006-01-24, 01:44 PM
You might want to work on the site design a bit.Notice that he says he KNOWS the artist... I don't think it's his site.

harmjoy
2006-01-24, 03:07 PM
Good news: All those achive buttons and stuff that you guys mentioned are going to get fixed...except maybe for the bookmark, not sure about that. I asked about it and they said that it was more of a matter of getting it up there. But, I think it will be fixed in a week or two...at least that is what it sounded like.

But, I know he appreciates the feedback.

Devils_Advocate
2006-01-24, 07:57 PM
Notice that he says he KNOWS the artist... I don't think it's his site.
Tsk. "She". "Her".

(Counter-nitpick attaaaack! ;D)

Aggroberry
2006-01-25, 12:37 AM
Head swimming…nitpick attack overwhelming…the lights…Mother!

Belle
2006-01-25, 11:34 AM
LOL! I just found Order of the Stick from the links page at Heroes of Lesser Earth! When I saw a thread on it I had to check it out!

I am Kevin's first official groupie, so everyone else get in line behind me! ;D

Um, I don't know how to make a link thingie but there are others in this thread so I guess it doesn't matter. I have only read the first 35 Oots but I can tell already I'm going to love them. (I'll get the rest after work today—there's a bunch!) I have read all of HOLE and I definitely love it!

Oh, and Belkar's my new boyfriend.

Samiam303
2006-01-25, 11:40 AM
Tsk. "She". "Her".

(Counter-nitpick attaaaack! ;D)
Oops, Okay, that scary Green-Guy avatar isn't exactly very feminine... ;) ::)

harmjoy
2006-01-25, 12:32 PM
Were there privates showing on that little lizard? I think not. Lizards are cute too!

;D

Aggroberry
2006-01-29, 11:15 PM
Did you see the last one with the Playstation in the crystal ball? I love it!

Belle
2006-01-30, 12:33 PM
Boys! yes, the Playstation is cool, but I want those boots! Too cute! :D

Aggroberry
2006-01-31, 10:13 AM
Yes, the boots are cool. Personally though, I like the whole idea of Ulrica. This evil villain who dresses like an anime doll seems both incongruous and hysterical. Non sequitor, that was the phrase I was looking for.

What has really piqued my curiosity though is the Abraxus…creature. He kinda looks like an old man—except for the glowing eyes and the three-fingered hands. I hope we get to find out more about him.

Belle
2006-01-31, 01:09 PM
Oo! Ulrica would be a great costume for Halloween! Even if no one knew who you were you'd still look freaky with all that hair!

I guess I thought of Abraxus as an old man, maybe a wizard or something. I hadn't noticed his hands. Maybe he's a demon! That could explain why he serves Ulrica, if she's a sorceress.

???

Aggroberry
2006-02-01, 09:38 AM
Maybe, but it doesn't explain how an (apparent) teenager came to be some mighty sorceress. There might be something deeper there.

Belle
2006-02-01, 05:12 PM
Maybe she's a really great dancer and evil guys hang out with her to learn her moves. Did you ever think of that? Well you should have, because it happens to me all the time!

Freya's cool looking too though. Kinda has a Grace Jones in Conan the Destroyer thing going, only without all the bug-eyes and psycho acting. Who do you think she's gonna hook up with? She arrived with Enkidu, but I can't imagine any woman being interested in him.