PDA

View Full Version : Grimlock Cheifs and Shamen?

Gfrobbin84
2016-04-27, 09:04 AM
So I have decided to have the characters in my modern game be tasked with solving a string of disappearances in a small mountain town. The cause is the blasting being done to expand a nearby highway has shaken and opened up so new tunnels in and old mine just outside down. These new tunnels have given a tribe of grimlocks access to the surface and they have been abducting people at night.

My problem is that unlike the other humanoid races in the monster manual grimlocks don't have any stats for advanced members of the race like chieftains or Shamen. So I was wondering if anyone on here has worked up any advanced grimlocks or has any suggestions on how to do so. I'll also take suggestions for sinister traps and what not for their lair.

Thanks for any help you can give a new DM.

eastmabl
2016-04-27, 09:17 AM
Here's a tougher grimlock that I designed for a Greyhawk Reborn adventure. It's had limited playtesting, but it's a start.

Grimlock Thug
Medium humanoid (grimlock), neutral evil
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 32 (5d8+10)
Speed 30 feet

STR 18 (+4) DEX 14 (+2) CON 17 (+3) INT 8 (-1) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 6 (-2)
Skills: Athletics +6 Perception +4 Stealth +4
Condition Immunities: blinded
Senses: blindsight 30 ft or 10 ft while deafened (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 13
Languages: Undercommon
Challenge: 1 (200 XP)

Blind Senses. The grimlock can't use its blindsight while deafened and unable to smell.
Keen Hearing and Smell. The grimlock has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Stone Camoflauge. The grimlock has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in rocky terrain.

Actions

Multiattack. The grimlock thug makes two melee attacks. Spiked Bone Club. Melee attack attack. +6 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 6 (1d6+4) bludgeoning damage plus 2 (1d4) piercing damage.
Thrash Unreal. If the grimlock thug hits one target with both melee attacks in the same turn, the target must make a Constitution saving throw DC 11 or be incapacitated until the end of the grimlock thug's next turn.

Gfrobbin84
2016-04-27, 09:46 AM
Awesome thanks helps give me some ideas as well.