PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Need help choosing 4th level feat- lore bard

dnd2016
2016-04-27, 06:59 PM
Was thinking sharpshooter, for when i am concentrating on a spell, for the +10 damage. Might go good with swift quiver later on.

dex 18
cha 18
ac 17

Daishain
2016-04-27, 07:05 PM
Well, the first question you need to answer is, what is your role in the party?

Sno
2016-04-27, 07:08 PM
I would suggest Inspiring Leader. It is a great feat, that gives a good amount of hit points to the whole party. Thou it doesn't make you that much stronger, it does benefit the party by a good amount for just a feat.

Sharpshooter... Bleh!

You rather just use mocking whatever it is called :tongue:

Zman
2016-04-27, 07:09 PM
Sharpshooter with only one attack isn't really worth it. I suggest picking Magic Initiate(Sorcerer) for Greenflame Blade, Firebokt and maybe a 1st level Spell like Find Familiar or Shield.

Gtdead
2016-04-27, 07:16 PM
Sharpshooter is going to be a dps loss. Grab a scag cantrip through magic initiate if you want extra damage. I'd just pick something like alert, or observant though.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2016-04-27, 07:16 PM
On a standard Lore Bard, I wouldn't use feats or slots/spells known to increase my non-spellcasting combat output. I'd just use spells and cantrips in combat instead. To that end, I would do one of the following:

+2 CHA increases most of what you do by +1, and it gives you another inspiration use.
Lucky is good for anyone
Resilient: CON is all right here if you have an odd CON score; if not, you can afford to wait until 8 or 12

If you really want to shoot things with a ranged weapon, but for some reason you didn't go Valor, then Crossbow Expert is probably better than Sharpshooter, unless there's some bonus action spell you're thinking of using while sniping.

JumboWheat01
2016-04-27, 07:18 PM
Do you have enough INT for Ritual Caster? You can free up a lot of utility spells if you snag Ritual Caster: Wizard. Even handier if you don't happen to have a Wizard or a Tome Warlock.

Inspiring Leader's pretty cool too, especially for a CHA-heavy class like the Lore Bard.

If you really want to, you could snag Skilled and become even MORE skill proficient than you already are. Why bother casting spells when you can just do everything?

Might also be worth it to snag Weapon Master for the ability to use Heavy Crossbows. You're already limited to 1 attack per Attack action anyway, might as well get that sweet 1d10 damage out of it. You can also snag Whips for a reach finesse weapon for added options.

dnd2016
2016-04-27, 08:02 PM
Ok, i am usually 2nd, 3rd line of combat in my party. I usually cast F.fire,D.whispers,or bane first round.Then i V.mock from a distance while i concentrate.I am fine with buff/debuff/crowd control, so just looking for best option after the first round other than v. mock. I do like lucky for even more die manipulation. Was originally thinking magic initiate...hex/eldritch to solve distance attack problems, but hex in later levels didnt seem that great. Also like familiar for more utility plus help action,(wizard not sorceror) with firebolt i guess.....Was also thinking moderate armor for use of shield....

My Int is 13, sorceror,ranger, druid,palidin in group

Biggstick
2016-04-27, 08:38 PM
Definitely going to have to jump on the Inspiring Leader train. It's such a great feat for you and your entire party. Once your bardic inspirations come back at level 5, you'll be loving short rests, as will the rest of your party (Restore extra hp from the short rest due to being a Bard, Inspiring Leader temp hp, and you'll regain those inspirations).

MBControl
2016-04-27, 08:39 PM
I've gone lore bard also, with the human variant, therefore I was able to choose a feat from the start. I decided to try something different. I wanted to be able to escape easily, and fly around the battlefield in order to help my team.

I took mobile.

+10 movement
unaffected by difficult terrain when dashing
if you make a melee attack on a creature, that creature can't make an AoO.

At first I felt it may be weak. But it's basically always useful. I love being able to hit and run without retribution.

djreynolds
2016-04-28, 04:08 AM
Was thinking sharpshooter, for when i am concentrating on a spell, for the +10 damage. Might go good with swift quiver later on.

dex 18
cha 18
ac 17

I would max charisma, or take resilient con. Inspiring leader sounds real good. Remember sharpshooter comes with a -5 to hit. What spells are you concentrating on?

dnd2016
2016-04-28, 10:49 AM
I would max charisma, or take resilient con. Inspiring leader sounds real good. Remember sharpshooter comes with a -5 to hit. What spells are you concentrating on?

Right now, bane,f.fire, d.whispers. Figured i would have advantage a lot from f.fire,blind, maybe haste from sorceror.(+6 to hit so far).