PDA

View Full Version : unarmed warblade, future Warshaper

Thehammer
2016-04-27, 10:19 PM
I'm making a new character. I want to use a changeling warblade. Pretty much just for the description of them always wanting to fight.
I want to play him unarmed and I will eventually have him become a warshaper.
What would be the best feats and manuevers to take for him?

mabriss lethe
2016-04-27, 10:58 PM
Maneuvers: Strikes are pretty meaningless for a warshaper. It's good to take a few for when you can't full attack, but otherwise focus on boosts and stances that add their effect to every hit, taking advantage of a warshaper's obscene natural attack potential.

Feats: Travel Devotion is a pretty good choice, since it opens up options for moving and full attacking in the same round.

BowStreetRunner
2016-04-27, 11:30 PM
A changeling only has Minor Shape Change, so you're not going to get the full advantage of multi-limb forms that some other warshaper builds might use, but Multiattack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiattack) may still be a feat you want to consider. Another would be Improved Natural Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack).

If you are going the multiattack route, I like to pick up things like Wolf Fang Strike and Steel Wind (two attacks as a standard action) for the times you are not in a position to full attack, and Pouncing Charge to get that full attack at the end of the charge. Boosts like Dancing Mongoose are nice to pick up extra attacks on top of a full attack as well. Sudden Leap is a nice option to move as a swift action into position to make a better full attack.

Thehammer
2016-04-27, 11:34 PM
I like the travel devotion idea. Any specific maneuvers?

Thehammer
2016-04-27, 11:40 PM
Didn't see second reply. I like those ideas

Dromuthra
2016-04-28, 08:27 AM
I'd recommend staying in Warblade until level 5 (or maybe six) or taking more levels after you finish Warshaper so you can pick up Iron Heart Surge and White Raven Tactics (Obligatory Suggestions). You might also consider a 1-level dip into Lion-Totem Barbarian for pounce at some point. Sudden Leap is a great first level maneuver to set up full attacks.

I also like Mountain Hammer as a level 2 "swiss army knife" maneuver, since it can break through pretty much anything by ignoring DR and hardness. Otherwise, I'd second the general Multiattack suggestions.

Cenric
2016-04-28, 09:37 AM
I actually recently played something similar, though i started out with battle dancer to pick up unarmed strike damage progression along side a custom mighty wallop magic item and improved natural attack.

It went changeling Battle dancer 5/warshaper 4/warblade 2

The delay in warblade means you can enter the class picking higher level maneuvers, granted you'll get less of them but like was already said, strikes arent really the best for you.