PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of Power and Prestige Classes

digiman619
2016-04-28, 01:07 AM
Is there a guide on how to convert prestige classes to SoP? I'm aware that CL/2 is a X level spell (So at CL6, you could meet 'able to cast 3rd level spells' prerequisite, and that there's no arcane/divine split anymore, but is there anything else that can help? Also, are there any prestige classes from 3.5 or Pathfinder you think work well with SoP?

stack
2016-04-28, 08:00 AM
Any particular ones in mind? There aren't any hard and fast rules for converting them and there hasn't really been much talk of doing so officially. Eldritch knight, for example, is very different depending on what class you enter with if you just advance talents and CL as per a given base class.

digiman619
2016-04-28, 11:22 AM
I'm not so much looking for "A hedgewitch should take this, and a Sybmiat should take that" , but more of a (Caster with a focus in Destruction might like this; This one helps a divination heavy caster"), etc.

stack
2016-04-28, 11:56 AM
I haven't ever spend much time with any PF prestige classes. Mystic theurge is completely unnecessary. Dragon disciple doesn't do much when you have the dragon blooded mortal hedgewitch with draconic transforma from alteration. Anything relying on off-list spells is kind of pointless.

Afgncaap5
2016-04-28, 12:20 PM
I've been trying to convert the 3.5 Assassin myself, actually. The hardest part is determining what form of caster to make it (my instinct says Mid Caster due to how much faster it gains power than comparable Low Casters) and how often it should learn new talents. No official word on how to run such conversions, sadly, but it's not too hard to tinker with things until they work, based on what I've seen.