PDA

View Full Version : Good/Cool 3rd party equipments (weapons, armors, alchemical good etc?)

Hal0Badger
2016-04-28, 01:28 PM
I have always found, like, 99% of exotic weapons to be absolute garbage for a feat slot to use (cough *bastard sword* cough), and I spare that 1% for the ones I could not remember, or not absolute garbage but still not good enough ones.

I recently viewed my 3rd party sources, and to my suprise, I found out that "The Quintessential" series, especially The Quintessential Barbarian & Fighter, have quite interesting exotic weapons.

I am asking if any of you others tried 3rd party sources for equipment, be it for armor, weapon, poisons or other things? What is your experience with them, both as a DM and as a player?

Gildedragon
2016-04-28, 01:41 PM
Devices from Ravenloft are cool; I'm applying them in an eberron campaign as experiments either:
Developed by Cannith in Cyre soon before the Mourning
Cannith Karnath
or anti-Cannith artificers (either exoriated Canniths, Aberrant Dragonmark bearers, or just folk opposed to the Cannith monopoly)
Either way they are very useful for exploring the Mournlands

Hal0Badger
2016-04-30, 09:33 PM
I am looking supplements to expand on alchemical goods specifically at this point, since my party is a bit lacking in the casting category. Any suggestions?

Belzyk
2016-04-30, 09:36 PM
Best exotic weapon ever is the scorpion tail whip from sandstorm it does 1d43 damage for a medium size character

Belzyk
2016-04-30, 09:38 PM
I am looking supplements to expand on alchemical goods specifically at this point, since my party is a bit lacking in the casting category. Any suggestions?

There's a handbook floating around the web that has ever alchemical item in dnd that you can make somewheres. It has well over 100 items on it. Try to find it.

DrMotives
2016-04-30, 09:43 PM
Best exotic weapon ever is the scorpion tail whip from sandstorm it does 1d43 damage for a medium size character

Yes, but that's a non-lethal 1d43, unless you crit. But a small whip's 1d33 isn't much worse.

Belzyk
2016-04-30, 09:45 PM
Yes, but that's a non-lethal 1d43, unless you crit. But a small whip's 1d33 isn't much worse.

Thats still a ton of damage. After the koed just coudegras them with a dagger

Hal0Badger
2016-05-01, 11:33 AM

I am pretty sure that's a typo.

There's a handbook floating around the web that has ever alchemical item in dnd that you can make somewheres. It has well over 100 items on it. Try to find it.

I am not looking for a list. I am looking for a supplement, a book probably, from a 3rd party specifically for alchemical goods, or well, other equipment, as well as your experience with it.

Thanks for the tip though, that list would also come in handy.

Belzyk
2016-05-01, 11:41 AM

I am not looking for a list. I am looking for a supplement, a book probably, from a 3rd party specifically for alchemical goods, or well, other equipment, as well as your experience with it.

Thanks for the tip though, that list would also come in handy.

May be a typo but. Its on the table and that's the only place the damage is listed so it is the official damage for that weapon

DrMotives
2016-05-01, 11:45 AM
I'd have to allow it, but only if you can come up with a 43 sided die to roll damage with.

Belzyk
2016-05-01, 11:48 AM
I'd have to allow it, but only if you can come up with a 43 sided die to roll damage with.

Surprisingly I have a d36 and d43

FocusWolf413
2016-05-01, 07:04 PM

What do you mean, a typo?

RAW is always right. There could never be a mistake. RAW is perfect and has no loopholes.

martixy
2016-05-01, 07:24 PM
I see the blue in your signature and I don't see the blue in the post.

And it makes me wonder...

Agent 451
2016-05-01, 08:52 PM

It is. It was also fixed in the errata. Need more sleep.

Belzyk
2016-05-01, 09:21 PM
What do you mean, a typo?

RAW is always right. There could never be a mistake. RAW is perfect and has no loopholes.

But by raw the weapon deals 1d33 and 1d43 lol

FocusWolf413
2016-05-02, 01:34 AM
But by raw the weapon deals 1d33 and 1d43 lol

Yes, of course. The wise writers of the book saw it fit that they make one weapon superior to others by the numbers. Surely, though, it is not unbalanced; they are infallible and must have seen something that we have missed. We must strive to understand them, not ridicule them. We must trust the wise writers. We must have faith.

Belzyk
2016-05-02, 06:26 AM
Yes, of course. The wise writers of the book saw it fit that they make one weapon superior to others by the numbers. Surely, though, it is not unbalanced; they are infallible and must have seen something that we have missed. We must strive to understand them, not ridicule them. We must trust the wise writers. We must have faith.

Eh it's nonleathal damage unless a crit.