PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Custom template and feedback wanted

Sithlordeclipse
2016-04-28, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I am relatively new to being a GM, but I wanted to try my hands out on making a template. I would appreciate any feedback that you guys can give me, and you guys are free to use this template if you want. Also there is a bit of backstory behind the template, ignore that if you want.

During the first Planar War of the world of Erathru, the werewolf tribes of the northern lands of Kjarradalr choose to side with the mortals of the world rather than with the Demon/Xeno invaders of both the abyss and the realm of Arthasgorgon. The actions of the tribes slew the xeno lord Qawyz halted the advances of the demon general Tonasohr, thus enabling the elven/fey/good outsider army to close the portals to Arthasgorgon and with that the invaders forces began to dimness and retreat back into the abyss. When victory was reached, the God of the world rewarded the tribes for there valiant actions, for they suffered many loses. They bestowed upon the werewolf tribes grand primal power and full control of it as well, repressing the will of the wolf to feed upon fellow man, with the ability to pass the this power down to there descendants.

Grey Variant:
CR +1/+2 (+1 for not naturally afflicted/ +2 for naturally afflicted)
Subtype: The character gains the cold subtype.
Ability Score Increases: +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +0 Cha , ability score increase counts for all forms (half these bonuses if not a naturally afflicted)
Resistances: Cold equal to Character Level.
Damage Reduction: DR 10/Silver and Magic for animal/ hybrid form, DR 5/Silver and Magic for Human form (subtract 5 from these bonuses if not a naturally afflicted)
Skill Increases: +4 profane bonus to intimidate, +4 profane bonus to survival, +6 profane bonus to perception.
Other Abilities:
-Scent- The character gets the scent ability

-Darkvision- The character gains 60ft. Darkvision

-Change shape: In order for an Ancient Wolf to change from, they must make a DC 15 Constitution check and spend a full round changing shape. Outside of combat or a stressful situation, they my change without making the check but it will take 3 rounds to do so and must continue to change and remain stationary until completed. Equipment is not melded into the body in hybrid form. A slain Ancient Wolf reverts back to humanoid form and remains dead.

-Passing of the Gift: Unlike other forms of Lycanthropy, the Ancient Wolves may only be passed down through offspring or a willing participant who drinks the blood of a still living Ancient Wolf ( a non-natural afflicted may only pass it down through offspring, but the child will count as naturally afflicted.)

-Clearmind: being an Ancient Wolf, does not affect the character's alignment, nor does it compel the character to feast upon fellow man. The character may still cast spells in hybrid form, but will need the natural spell feat to cast in animal form. May not cast spells while in a rage.

-Hunters speed: when in hybrid form, the character's speed is increased by 20ft.

-Tough Hide: An Ancient Wolf gains a natural armor bonus equal to their Con modifier, half this bonus in human form. (half this bonuses if not a naturally afflicted) Note: this bonus does not stack with other forms of natural armor bonuses.

-Primal ferocity: An Ancient Wolf may rage 2 times a day in hybrid/ animal form as per the barbarian class ability. Note: the bonus Con granted be rage does not count towards the natural armor bonus granted by Tough Hide (Also if the character is a barbarian follow their number of rages per day, follow greater rage, tireless rage, and mighty rage if the character is a high enough level barbarian to have these features, and they may use rage powers in hybrid form)

White Variant:
The gods, however, blessed those of the werewolf tribes who preformed great acts of heroism during the war, in particular those who slew the xeno lord Qawyz and other demonic champions, with even greater power than there grey cousins. The gods turned their fur white in hybrid/animal form and mixed their spirit with that of the winter wolf.
The White variant of the Ancient Wolves usually end up leaders or champions of their people.

CR +3
Subtype: The character gains the cold subtype.
Ability Score Increases: +6 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Int, +6 Wis, +2 Cha ability score increase counts for all forms
Resistances: Cold equal to 2* Character Level.
Damage Reduction: DR 15/Silver and Magic for animal/ hybrid form, DR 10/Silver and Magic for Human form
Skill Increases: +4 profane bonus to intimidate, +4 profane bonus to survival, +6 profane bonus to perception.
Other Abilities:
-Scent- The character gets the scent ability

-Darkvision- The character gains 60ft. Darkvision

-Change shape: In order for an Ancient Wolf to change from, they must make a DC 15 Constitution check and spend a full round changing shape. Outside of combat or a stressful situation, they my change without making the check but it will take 3 rounds to do so and must continue to change and remain stationary until completed. Equipment is not melded into the body in hybrid form. A slain Ancient Wolf reverts back to humanoid form and remains dead.

-Passing of the Gift: Unlike other forms of Lycanthropy, the Ancient Wolves may only be passed down through offspring or a willing participant who drinks the blood of a still living Ancient Wolf ( a White variant who passes the affliction through offspring only has a 75% chance of passing it down, and if not the child becomes a Grey variant. If the participant is drinking the blood of a White variant, there is a 10% chance the participant will become a White variant, if not they will become a Grey variant and will count as naturally afflicted. )

-Clearmind: being an Ancient Wolf, does not affect the character's alignment, nor does it compel the character to feast upon fellow man. The character may still cast spells in hybrid form, but will need the natural spell feat to cast in animal form. May not cast spells while in a rage.

-Hunters speed: when in hybrid form, the character's speed is increased by 20ft.

-Tough Hide: An Ancient Wolf gains a natural armor bonus equal to their Con modifier, half this bonus in human form. Note: this bonus does not stack with other forms of natural armor bonuses.

-Primal ferocity: An Ancient Wolf may rage 2 times a day in hybrid/ animal form as per the barbarian class ability. Note: the bonus Con granted be rage does not count towards the natural armor bonus granted by Tough Hide (Also if the character is a barbarian follow their number of rages per day, follow greater rage, tireless rage, and mighty rage if the character is a high enough level barbarian to have these features, and they may use rage powers in hybrid form)

-Breath Attack- The White variant of the Ancient Wolves gains a 15ft cone of cold that deals 1d8 per HD of the character, every 1d4 rounds. A reflex save may be used to take half damage, the DC is equal to 10+(The Ancient Wolf's character level / 2) + the Ancient Wolf's Con modifier.

Debihuman
2016-05-02, 01:02 AM
Does this template only apply to werewolves? Most campaigns won't have a werewolf as they usually become NPCs. So this niche template won't likely see much action outside your home brewed campaign. I can't give you much feedback other than have fun with it and play test it.

Sithlordeclipse
2016-05-03, 09:57 PM
Does this template only apply to werewolves? Most campaigns won't have a werewolf as they usually become NPCs. So this niche template won't likely see much action outside your home brewed campaign. I can't give you much feedback other than have fun with it and play test it.

Well originally it was intended for a player that was interested in being a werewolf and I thought I could give the werewolf some more power, as the party will be fighting high level undead later on. I also decided to apply the template to a certain faction in the campaign that I am GMing. Due to your feedback, it got me thinking that maybe I should also make templates for the other lycanthropes as well, so that way the werewolves are not showed favoritism. Thanks for your feedback and feel free to use the template if you want.