PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Barbarian Question, Would these bonuses stack?

thecrimsondawn
2016-04-28, 11:15 PM
So Superstition nets a moral bonus to saving throws vs spells, SLA's and things like that. The Dragon totem gives a moral bonus to saves vs fear, paralysis, and sleep effects. If a magical fear, paralysis, or sleep effect where to target me, would these two bonuses stack?
This one in particular seems a little different from the norm with the way they work, so that is why I am asking.

Also this..
Benefit: While raging, the barbarian gains resistance to the energy type that is associated with her dragon totem—acid (black, copper, green), cold (silver, white), electricity (blue, bronze), or fire (brass, gold, red). This resistance equals double her current DR/— from her barbarian damage reduction class feature; this DR increases by 2 for each dragon totem rage power she possesses, including this one.

It says "this DR increases". Is it boosting your barbarian DR, or just the DR the energy resistance gains?

Psyren
2016-04-28, 11:18 PM
So Superstition nets a moral bonus to saving throws vs spells, SLA's and things like that. The Dragon totem gives a moral bonus to saves vs fear, paralysis, and sleep effects. If a magical fear, paralysis, or sleep effect where to target me, would these two bonuses stack?
This one in particular seems a little different from the norm with the way they work, so that is why I am asking.

No - the bonus types are the same (morale) so you'd only use the higher one, even if a given effect qualifies as multiple kinds of attack (e.g. a magical sleep effect.)

thecrimsondawn
2016-04-28, 11:20 PM
No - the bonus types are the same (morale) so you'd only use the higher one, even if a given effect qualifies as multiple kinds of attack (e.g. a magical sleep effect.)

I thought so. Dam, that means I will have a useless totem then :/

Florian
2016-04-29, 03:39 AM
I thought so. Dam, that means I will have a useless totem then :/

Not really. Dragon Totem also works against (Ex) sources that Superstition doesn´t protect against, like, you know, other Barbarians Rage Powers...