PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Armour Masters Handbook

Molosse
2016-04-29, 08:03 AM
So it's out now for general consumption. What's everyone's take away's from it?

Gotta say it's not as stand out, ball-to-the-walls exciting as Weapon Masters book was but maybe that's my internal bias going forth.

Some stand-out additions for myself:

Armour Material Expertise (Adamantine) + Abundant Tactics.
Let's you effectively double up on your Dr consistently through the day.

Sprightly Armour.
A nice stacking Initiative bonus for no extra investment.

Defended Movement.
Anything that lessens feat taxes while still providing some benefit is good with me.

Shield Brace.
Reach weapon and a shield, what's not to love?

Unhindering Shield
Your Buckler effectively becomes a non-entity and now works with two-handing a weapon, using a bow/crossbow or being a monk.

All in all with Combat Stamina, Advanced Weapon Training, Advanced Armour Training and options to improve Bravery I'd say Fighters are doing pretty good.

Psyren
2016-04-29, 08:38 AM
We've got a thread going on it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?486430-Armor-Master-s-Handbook-Is-Out-Thoughts-and-Impressions)

khadgar567
2016-04-29, 08:40 AM
Is there any chance book may have how to create your armor section cuz i realy like to make some new( <cough> bikini< cough>) armor

Psyren
2016-04-29, 08:50 AM
Is there any chance book may have how to create your armor section cuz i realy like to make some new( <cough> bikini< cough>) armor

No - but I'd wager that's because the Piecemeal Armor rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/piecemeal-armor) from Ultimate Combat would help you do that anyway, so it would be redundant.

NightbringerGGZ
2016-04-29, 10:26 AM

This is a fantasy game! All armor is bikini armor already. At least, that's what various artists have led me to believe.