PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Which class to add to my Blink dog companion to help our rogue ?

duboisjf
2016-04-29, 10:23 AM
I’ll play a 12lvl Druid Menhir Savant with Feather domain. So my effective druid level is 9.

I wanted a good flanker to help our rogue but I want something clearly weaker than him.

So instead of takin Natural boon, I'll take monstrous companion and choose a blink dog. I think it's fun, very useful out of combat and with our DM, being able to move through the battlefield is a crucial.

So I have 3 class level to add to this blink dog. (9 level effective druid = 7 lvl cohort and Blink dog count for 4 lvl)

Vanguard archetype from the slayer seem nice for the teamwork feat shared with allies.

But I'll would like to have advice on other classe that could be good.

Also, I planned to take dimensionnal agility feat but does a blink dog really need it to act on his turn ?

frost890
2016-04-29, 03:48 PM
I would go monk or ranger. With both you get stealth. You can also look in to some of the teamwork feats for some good bonuses that aid the rouge without overshadowing him. Can you clarify the clearly weaker? What are you thinking?

With the monk he can bring some damage back up and with the speed bonus you can allow the rouge to run and still catch up.

The ranger will allow for a tracking ability. You could ask to substitute the fighting style for improved natural attack.

Psyren
2016-04-29, 06:03 PM
With no ability that lets them ignore the restriction on Dimension Door, it affects them just like it does everyone else. - i.e. taking their unused actions away. So yes, they would need this feat.

duboisjf
2016-04-29, 09:50 PM
I would go monk or ranger. With both you get stealth. You can also look in to some of the teamwork feats for some good bonuses that aid the rouge without overshadowing him. Can you clarify the clearly weaker? What are you thinking?

What I want as "Clearly weaker" is already achieve with a blink dog with 3 class level compared to a standard 10HD wolf companion : Less HP, lower BAB and damage output.

duboisjf
2016-04-29, 09:51 PM
With no ability that lets them ignore the restriction on Dimension Door, it affects them just like it does everyone else. - i.e. taking their unused actions away. So yes, they would need this feat.

I was pretty sure but hoped that I could have miss something :(