PDA

View Full Version : Lets go shopping. A rogues wishlist

Nosta
2016-04-29, 09:09 PM
so I plan to build a new character going XBow sniper and take levels in rogue
My wealth is 150000 gp so I have a good amount to spend

what I'd like is some ideas for items that would work really well with a rogue sniper that uses a Xbow with unlimited free ammo

also I am going to a magical tailor and am having the out fit in the image below made and I was hoping to get it has a three part item set and I was wondering what would be a some cool spell or spell like powers for the items, part of me thinks boots of constant air walking would be killer but idk if I can do better

I plan for the red cloak & hood, the suit and the boots

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ylnua9.jpg

Gildedragon
2016-04-29, 09:13 PM
Shadowsilk hide armor is light and good for sneaking around (gives a bonus to hide and move silently)

Psyren
2016-04-30, 12:12 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder?

Pluto!
2016-04-30, 12:18 PM
This (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=2s1dscmj2b4ojbs5ust5bvll64&topic=8273.0;msg=131154) is usually my starting point for skill-based sneak attack dudes.

StreamOfTheSky
2016-04-30, 12:26 PM
3.5 or Pathfinder?

This. Makes a huge difference.

If it's 3.5, you definitely want ring of blinking, so you're pretty much always sneak attacking (doesn't work in PF).

Gildedragon
2016-04-30, 12:57 PM
You will want some gloves of dexterity; maybe mix in some shadow hand into them; being able to teleport across rooftops is handy.
Boots of at will airwalk are cool. Though maybe make it command word to activate. Use a Tefalmar Shadow Lord air walk for this (2nd Level spell, Caster Level 3 ); add a balance requirement. Also get a first level artificer to make it; you probably don't need more than 10 minutes of airwalk at a time anyway.

You also want a collar of umbral metamorphosis; and throw in a collar of perpetual attendance too.

Nosta
2016-04-30, 01:00 PM
This. Makes a huge difference.

If it's 3.5, you definitely want ring of blinking, so you're pretty much always sneak attacking (doesn't work in PF).

to be honest its both DM takes a little from pf and add its to 3.5

Nosta
2016-04-30, 01:12 PM
You will want some gloves of dexterity; maybe mix in some shadow hand into them; being able to teleport across rooftops is handy.
Boots of at will airwalk are cool. Though maybe make it command word to activate. Use a Tefalmar Shadow Lord air walk for this (2nd Level spell, Caster Level 3 ); add a balance requirement. Also get a first level artificer to make it; you probably don't need more than 10 minutes of airwalk at a time anyway.

You also want a collar of umbral metamorphosis; and throw in a collar of perpetual attendance too.

what dose umbral metamorphosis do?

Gildedragon
2016-04-30, 01:20 PM
It gives you the Dark Creature template which, among other things, gives you hide in plain sight, bonuses to stealth skills, and speed boost

StreamOfTheSky
2016-04-30, 03:54 PM
to be honest its both DM takes a little from pf and add its to 3.5

Which are you using for the basic system, and which are you pulling items and other stuff from?

PF screws over rogues on a system level by making various means of getting sneak attack harder or completely shut down, and making tumbling suicidal and so forth. If you're using PF as the base system, adding trinkets from 3E may not even help like you'd expect.

If it's a 3E game and he's allowing PF items, that's a different story.

Psyren
2016-04-30, 04:44 PM
Melodrama aside, you can get sneak attack on every shot in PF too - smokestick/Eversmoking Bottle + Goz Mask/Fogcutting Lenses works just as well as Ring of Blinking + Seeking arrows.

Beyond that though, yes - we need to know which system is the base.