PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Three short quests/challenges that reflect principles of Lathander

Pinjata
2016-04-30, 03:44 AM
One of my players is playing a fighter, but had expressed his desire to become cleric of Lathander. SInce clerics are embodiment of the divine will and wield great power, I've decided to give him three occasions (may be quests, may be moral challenges), that will elevate him in the eyes of Lathander to give him clerichood. Lathander's portfolio is Athletics, birth, creativity, dawn, renewal, self-perfection, spring, vitality and youth ... which is for me kind of ... confusing. I'm more familirat with "smite **** up" good gods.

Do you guys have any ideas what these three quests/challenges could be?

thanks

Wdit: I'd like for these challenges to be a bit difficult in a MORAL way. Along picking between a pot of gold and helping someone.

Lollerabe
2016-04-30, 05:03 AM
Can't you do both (smite evil with a lathander twist)?

Just spitballing here so bear with me: your fighter is approached by a beautiful man in his dreams (lathander) who tells him of a village a few days travel away. This village is ruled by a good hearted man named X, X's wife is 8 months pregnant but the village has been cursed by a hag(witch, whatever).
The curse makes every baby born by the inhabitants of the village,horribly deformed to a point where most of the babies die.
However if the hag is slain the curse will be lifted,thus securing X will have a healthy baby.

So that would be birth, as for plot twists - maybe when they find the hag it turns out she's X's bastard daughter that he left to die in the woods, and if they leave her be and/or help her kill X, she will greatly reward the party (with magic items they otherwise won't get cause she has hidden them).

I don't know if you can use any of this, but something along those lines will make it easy to incorporate Lathander virtues into a 'smite s***' with a twist.

JumboWheat01
2016-04-30, 07:43 AM
Create the D&D Olympics. Lathander would totally be a part of that. It would be something completely fair, honest, and challenging.