PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help with custom races

Krazzman
2016-05-01, 03:59 PM
Hello again,

I have been searching for some sort of guide to build races with the system found in the Advanced Race Guide.
But I can't find anything really. Saw something mentioned a few times in some posts but can't find them sadly.

I need some help in actually calculating the "best possible" fit for a few Race ideas and would like your input on how I approach the following.

Half Dragon
Dragon Descendants (without the Dragon type)
"Munchkin"
Disciple of Zon-Kuthon

While still being Dragons, members of these Race are far weaker than other dragons.
Type: Dragon (10)
Size: Medium (0)
Speed: Normal Speed (0)
Ability Score: Flexible (2) [No clue which 2 though, probably Str and Cha or something like that.]
Language: Standard (0) [Common + Draconic]
Defense: Healthy (2)
Natural Armor(2)
Improved Natural Armor (3)
Feat and Skill: Greed (1)
Offense: Breath Weapon (3) [Powerful]

Which brings it at 23 Points. While still wanting to put a draconic bloodlines bonus on it (like Ifrits and such) and some other things I believe it would start to be too much for a playable race.

Type: Humanoid(0)
Speed: Normal Speed (0)
Ability Score: Flexible (2) [No clue which 2 though, probably Str and Cha or something like that.]
Language: Standard (0) [Common + Draconic]
Defense: Lifebound (2)
Feat and Skill: Greed (1)
Static Bonus Feat (2) [Don't know which one though.]
Quick Reactions (2)
Magical:Spell Like Ability (1) [first level spell: thinking about Ventriloquism or Vanish.]
Senses: See in Darkness (4)

Which brings 14 Points to the table but I would like them to be "stronger". Was aiming at roughly 15 to 20 points.

For the other 2 I have some clues since they will be played in solo campaigns only. We already have one version statted out but I am unsure if it is good.
The race we already have has the following benefits:

Type: Humanoid (0)
Speed: Normal (0)
Ability Score: Flexible (2)[Str and Con or Str and Wis (don't know which one it was... ]
Language: Standard (0)
Defense: Moon-Touched DR (3)
Fast Healing (6)
Feat and Skill: Quick Reactions (2)
Offense: Swordtrained (4)
Senses: Carrion Sense (1)
Darkvision 60 ft (2)

Which was the result for a specific "engineered" character that is focused on combat to fit a Barbarian//Inquisitor combination for a solo campaign full of undead, an umbrella-esque organization, collecting multiple swords or other weapons and was built entirely by my wife.
We thought to maybe align the "Munchkin" or Zon-Kuthon disciple on the one we already have but I doubt it will fit as well. I would aim for 20 point + Fast Healing now but I am unsure what I should seek for really.
About the Disciple: This one will be a recreation of a character my wife played a long long time ago in a game of dnd 3.5. From what she remembers it was a divine caster, that fought with whips or in her case a spiked chain, was addicted to a certain drug (that she forgot how it works) and was called "Maiden of Pain" or similar. It will be a Tristalt game with her probably going for Cleric of Zon-Kuthon//Slayer//??? or something similar.

I would like you help/input on these (what did I do wrong, where am I mistaken, what can I do better?) or if you might know of a guide for these.

We will be grateful for any advice or help.