PDA

View Full Version : Modern Flashes

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-24, 07:47 PM
according to Wikipedia, Wally West recently returned to earth, and Bart is dead. So...what happened with the Speed Force? I though Bart had absorbed it, but Wally being offered and accepting membership in the JLA seems to mean he can still use it...I'm confused...

TheNovak
2007-06-24, 08:42 PM
Superboy punched the universe again?

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-25, 09:49 PM
no, he's imprisoned right now...in a sun eater...and guarded by a ****load of GLs.

TheNovak
2007-06-25, 10:39 PM
Heh, I was just bein' a smartass. I really have no idea, but I haven't been following Flash since the reboot; what little I know is periphery from 52, Countdown, and Justice League.

All I know is, I like Wally a lot better without Linda and the kids. The stories and interactions are very touching and all, but they sure slow the plot down to a crawl.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-25, 11:30 PM
The whole thing is one of those messes that gives shared universes a bad name. The Lightning Saga which brings Wally back is a total mess, though I never liked Flash so I don't follow his own book. However the series had been cancelled and regarded as total crap by a lot of people I know.

Blue Paladin
2007-06-26, 11:16 AM
It would appear the Speed Force was "released" upon Bart's death. Also, given that Inertia's machine was supposed to drain the Speed Force out of him in the first place, it would appear the Speed Force is out and about.

Flash: The Fastest Man Alive is basically Emerald Twilight, gone horribly wrong (or wronger, depending on your opinion of Hal/Kyle). They took a premise (that honestly didn't have much potential) and ran it straight into a dead end.

TheNovak
2007-06-26, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I only heard complaints about how they'd ruined Bart, the new series sucks, and so on; hence why I never picked it up. Maybe in a few years, he'll come back as Impulse and be entertaining again :smalltongue:

I ask ya, why can't they just take the Flash concept that Bruce Timm developed in the DCAU? I liked that Wally. Granted, he was basically a high-speed Bumblebee (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Bumblebee), but he was significantly less pathetic and helpless.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-26, 08:22 PM
I ask ya, why can't they just take the Flash concept that Bruce Timm developed in the DCAU? I liked that Wally. Granted, he was basically a high-speed Bumblebee (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Bumblebee), but he was significantly less pathetic and helpless.

did you read some of the Wally West Flast TPBs from pre-IC? Stuff like Crossfire and the Rogue War? Pretty good stuff, really.