PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Giant In The Playground Forum Moment

Bartmanhomer
2016-05-02, 03:53 PM
What was your favorite Giant In The Playground Forum moment?

Aldarin
2016-05-02, 03:54 PM
Logging on and discovering that there were people like me--brilliant philosophers who enjoy D&D!

Keltest
2016-05-02, 08:36 PM
I had a rather entertaining conversation about the resale value of Adamantium doors. I kept a souvenir in my signature.

Eldariel
2016-05-03, 01:41 AM
Test of Spite, no question. While I myself didn't participate, it was rather interesting to follow.

DJ Yung Crunk
2016-05-03, 02:11 AM
Maybe I'm a masochist, but whenever a playgrounder gives me a real and legitimate counter-argument with well thought out points that I have to seriously consider I get a rush. I get all giddy and bob up and down on my chair and make a noise like a squeaky wheel.

For this reason I have the biggest forumcrush on Aedilred (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?7117-Aedilred).

2016-05-03, 02:17 AM
Kinda hard to nail down a particular moment; I've played a lot of games on here, and they lead to lots of interesting roleplaying experiences, as well as new friends.

Serpentine
2016-05-03, 08:31 AM
Not exactly a moment, but I travelled around the UK on the backs of the people I met through this site. Playgrounders showed me around London. Playgrounders shipped my suitcase to me when I made my flight but it didn't. Playgrounders let me live with them and take part in their lives. Playgrounders let me stay with them and fed me when I ran out of cash. Playgrounders gave me a job and somewhere to live. Playgrounders came with me on all sorts of adventures.
It was pretty great.

GAAD
2016-05-03, 08:55 AM
I'd say the time I turned the main strip discussion thread into a pbprpg. That was fun.

Dire Moose
2016-05-03, 02:45 PM
Well, there was the time I started that "punching sharks in the face" meme on the Reverse Questioning thread.

But of course, undoubtedly my best forum moment was the time I met my girlfriend Shadowscale on here. :smallwink:

Vinyadan
2016-05-03, 03:05 PM
The Dominic Deegan threads. I miss those days.

Thufir
2016-05-03, 04:46 PM
Not exactly a moment, but I travelled around the UK on the backs of the people I met through this site. Playgrounders showed me around London. Playgrounders shipped my suitcase to me when I made my flight but it didn't. Playgrounders let me live with them and take part in their lives. Playgrounders let me stay with them and fed me when I ran out of cash. Playgrounders gave me a job and somewhere to live. Playgrounders came with me on all sorts of adventures.
It was pretty great.

<3 you too.

Eldan
2016-05-03, 05:03 PM
Total War: Broken City. It had a theme song and everything. Too bad it was wiped, I'd love to re-read it. But then, most of the good stuff was never made public anyway.