PDA

View Full Version : Two weapon troubles...

Athelian
2007-06-24, 08:09 PM
Alright, time to sound the fool I am, so please, be gentle.

I've created a sixth level Tiefling Ranger for our DM's new campaign and I've run into an issue regarding his two weapon capabilities:

Does his +6 base attack bonus grant a second attack with his off-hand, light weapon, as well as his primary weapon? I understand the -2 penalties, I'm just curious as to weither or not my suspicions are correct and I am doing this properly.

So, should I be making three or four attacks per round, if I select the full attack action?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-24, 08:12 PM
You only get a single extra attack with your off-hand weapon while Two-Weapon Fighting if you take the Improved-Two Weapon Fighting (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/featsAll.html#improved-two-weapon-fighting) feat.

Nebo_
2007-06-24, 08:12 PM
No, Two Weapon Fighting gives you one extra attack with your off hand. If you want another attack with your off hand, then you need Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Athelian
2007-06-24, 08:19 PM
... Which is granted by the Two weapon fighting combat tree given by the Ranger class.

Many thanks.

I guess I first thought that the second +1 attack granted by having a +6 applied to both weapons. Perhaps not.

Thank you both.

Jack_Simth
2007-06-24, 08:19 PM
Do note that, as a Ranger, if you selected the two-weapon fighting style, you've got Improved Two-Weapon Fighting as part of your class progression - so you should be getting four attacks in on a Full Attack.

Dark Knight Renee
2007-06-24, 08:21 PM
What they said, except that as a 6th level Ranger, you should have Improved TWF already if you selected TWF as your combat style.

Edit: Simued

Matthew
2007-06-26, 11:15 PM
No, Two Weapon Fighting gives you one extra attack with your off hand. If you want another attack with your off hand, then you need Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Not quite, this Feat is different from the rest of the Tree, all it does is reduce the penalties. Anyone can attempt to make one Off Hand Attack.