PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Low damage no save duration spell

Yaitanos
2016-05-03, 02:53 AM
So real quick, need a couple spells that do at least a point of damage (preferably un-typed but can work with an energy type) over a duration. Something that doesn't allow for a save, and isn't as limited by hit-points as the power word spells are. I mean, those are fantastic, but harder for this concept to use.

Waazraath
2016-05-03, 03:01 AM
Maybe power word pain, lvl 1 spell, races of the dragon, 1d6 damage for 10 rounds (if I remember well, am AFB atm).

RoyVG
2016-05-03, 03:05 AM
Acid Arrow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/acidArrow.htm) is the first that comes to mind for me, 2d4 acid damage per round for 1 round+1 round/3 CL, (maximum 7 rounds at CL 18). It's Long range, Touch attack and no save or Spell Resistance. You can throw it into an antimagic field and it'll still work.

Yaitanos
2016-05-03, 03:20 AM
Maybe power word pain, lvl 1 spell, races of the dragon, 1d6 damage for 10 rounds (if I remember well, am AFB atm).
Did kinda mention that I was looking for something not as limited by hit points as the power word spells. I plan on hitting things with a lot of hit points with this.

Acid Arrow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/acidArrow.htm) is the first that comes to mind for me, 2d4 acid damage per round for 1 round+1 round/3 CL, (maximum 7 rounds at CL 18). It's Long range, Touch attack and no save or Spell Resistance. You can throw it into an antimagic field and it'll still work.
I could make that work, bit even hitting touch AC will be difficult for me.

Douglas
2016-05-03, 03:31 AM
Thunderhead sort of works - it has a save, but it's a separate save for each round so you don't get the whole spell negated by one save.

Necroticplague
2016-05-03, 04:47 AM
Acid fog, Cinder Cloud, Cloudkill, Freezing Fog all do this. Freezing Fog has the longest duration of all of these (being minutes instead of rounds).

Inevitability
2016-05-03, 04:52 AM
Kelgore's Grave Mist. It even deals damage if it fails to bypass SR.