PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

Icewalker
2007-06-24, 09:13 PM
What excellent games.

Who else has played em? I've played several, don't even remember all of em as some of em were translations and such, and a long time ago.

I believe that Sacred Stones was the one with the three kids, whose names I forget. with the three pre-class classes: Adept, recruit, and journeyman.

The first guy, journeyman, the little kid with the axe near the beginning...You get him to journeyman 10/sailor 20/berserker 20? His crit chance is about 30-40 with your standard axes. Fun times. Throw him a killer axe and he's untoppable.

Or in the other game, with Roy, Lyn, and Hector as the main characters, there was Hawkeye. The huge dude with the bare chest...and a high enough defense that sometimes he'd get hit (in the chest) with an arrow...*clink* NO DAMAGE.

Good times.

I've seen several FE avatars around here. Speak up peoples!

Gaelbert
2007-06-24, 11:23 PM
Sacred stone is the only one I've played. It has three younger people, Amelia, Garcia's son, and Lute I think. I enjoyed the game very much. What I hated was that I had Amelia kill the very final boss and she didn't get any experience for it! She's easily my strongest character.

Wojiz
2007-06-25, 08:39 AM
Joshua is a god of destruction.

Icewalker
2007-06-25, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Joshua rules, one of my favorites.

My favorite classes are definitely Swordmaster, Hero, and Sage. Sages in particular. Lute, (who isn't one of the pre-classes, shes a normal mage) as a mage 20 /sage 20, then Artur as mage 20/sage 20...they eat everything alive. Just sprint around and everything dies.

Then, using a little random number generator manipulation, I can get both of their movement up to 15, the maximum. :smallamused: Then I go to the temple place where they kill everything. Fun...

Here's the trick, it's in the Lagdou Ruins place where you can come back to fight monsters:

on the first stage of the ruins, your units are arranged so that one is clearly in the middle. Make sure that unit has 5 movement. If they don't, move another into that spot during unit set-up.

Start the map. Then retreat back out of it. Reset the game.

Enter the ruins. Start the map. Move cursor over this central unit with 5 move, select them for movement, and press right, up, left, left, down. Then I believe you move right, going back onto the unit. Then I think B for deselect. Do that another 12 times, totalling 13.

Retreat from the map and then re-enter three times. (Retreat, return, retreat, return, retreat, return) Check for an enemy with a 'swiftsole' that it will drop. If it doesn't have one, try retreating and re-entering one more time, in case you missed one, if that doesn't work, you did something wrong or I have a mistake here.

There is a FAQ describing this and similar tricks here (http://http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/921183/37685).

Fun times. Then using the secret stores and a lot of money I got Lute up to mage 20/sage 20, all stats maxed. Of course, I often use emulators on the computer, so I have 'save states' which make it a lot easier.

Lyesmith
2007-06-25, 02:29 PM
Ah, joshua. that hat. <3
Ross is a GOD if you make him a barzerker, and Lute is...:smalleek:

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-25, 03:43 PM
Thing is, EVERYTHING in SS is overpowered. By far the easiest Fire Emblem to date, though the random non-plot critical bosses were hilarious, just because. Such as Gheb. Gheb wins.

I suggest finding a way to play Fire Emblem:Sword of Seals. It was never released in America, and came out right before the first American one. It is, simply put, brutally hard. It will rip you limb from limb with its impossibly headdesk-causing difficulty.

Icewalker
2007-06-25, 04:19 PM
Emulators for the win?

I think I played that, but stopped after a little ways. Is that the one with the bandit who will join you if you talk to him with one of the main characters a little ways in?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-25, 04:25 PM
Emulators for the win?

I think I played that, but stopped after a little ways. Is that the one with the bandit who will join you if you talk to him with one of the main characters a little ways in?

No, that's 7. And I was referencing emulators. The one I mentioned was actually the prequel to the one you're thinking of.

Icewalker
2007-06-25, 04:35 PM
ah.

Nice avatar by the way :smallwink:

Heroes are awesome.

TheOtherMC
2007-06-26, 12:51 PM
Oh please....pirates rock heroes :smalltongue:

Autonomous
2007-06-26, 05:18 PM
Ah, Fire Emblem. Truly a Tac-RPG to destroy all other Tac-RPGs. And then piss on them from a great height.

As for best classes, I want to love the Pirate and the Hero. I really do. But both of them simply miss too much. The Swordmaster, on the other hand is a lean, mean killing machine. At one point I could reliably end my turn with Rutger and his trusty Killing Edge in the middle of a pack of rabid bandits and on the next turn be left with an unharmed Rutger and an empty field. His crit% was higher than his hit%, ffs.
On grounds of pure wtf-uber-cool, however, the prize has to go to the Manakete. The first time I sent Myrrh into battle my jaw dropped and stayed dropped until she reverted to "cute innocent schoolgirl" Myrrh. At that point I slid slowly sideways and suffered a massive brain haemorrhage. C'est la vie.

And as for Sacred Stones being too easy, well, the main plotline may have posed no difficulty, but the first (and emphatically last) time I bothered to drag my endgame godlings all the way to the top of the Lagdou Ruins resulted in a complete and unmitigated slaughter.
Starting surrounded by ten zombie dragons with no cover just isn't cricket, chaps.

Anyway, anyone looking for FE6 shenanighans (and you damn well should be) would be remiss not to check out this (http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/fe6trans.php) (note Roy's utterly absurd HP in the screenie :smallbiggrin:). I'm not sure about this board's policy on emulation, so I won't post it here, but I have the URL for a reputable ROM site if anyone wants to PM me for it.

Oh, and does anyone know when Goddess of Dawn is appearing? I could've sworn that it should be out by now.

TamerBill
2007-06-26, 06:11 PM
Oh, and does anyone know when Goddess of Dawn is appearing? I could've sworn that it should be out by now.

It's already out, in Japan. No English release has been announced yet, though November 07 is generally considered the most likely time for it to appear.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-26, 10:09 PM
<Insert much talking here>

Ah, yes. Good ol' Roy. Don't let the screenies fool you, his stats are generally on the slightly better side of mediocre, except for HP and Luck. However, give him the Sword of Seals, and he can probably clear every chapter solo until it breaks.

Icewalker
2007-06-27, 02:10 PM
Yeah, if there's one annoying thing about the games? The lords almost always suck :smallfrown:

Till they get their super weapons, which I'm always too stingy to ever let them use because I don't want em to break.

Then my two sages, 1-2 swordmasters, 1-2 heroes, and usually 1 berserker kill everything.

Always opportunity for two sages. A mage and a monk. Artur + Lute, etc.

Ah, who remembers that dude, C-something, who shows up as a shaman in some port town, and ends up as a really powerful druid once you up him? It was in the first one (least, first American one, lyn, etc).

He had a monocle.

SITB
2007-06-27, 02:22 PM
Canas.

I just noticed something, if you have the three pegasi(or however you say plural pegasus) sisters surround an enemy and attack him with one of them; a short skit and guaranteed critcal will occur.

SKarious
2007-06-27, 04:06 PM
I played only SS, but my favorite class happens to be the General.
now there's a Tank if I ever saw one. Plus, they can use all kinds of weapons. I love using Rose (is that the name?) like a living wall, absorbing all attacks. Not to mention the "axe-chain" attack is very cool.
Second favorite: Summoner. just love having an endless supply of "cannon-fodder" to lure the enemy into range.
Your thoughts?

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-27, 06:40 PM
now there's a Tank if I ever saw one. Plus, they can use all kinds of weapons. I love using Rose (is that the name?) like a living wall, absorbing all attacks. Not to mention the "axe-chain" attack is very cool.
Second favorite: Summoner. just love having an endless supply of "cannon-fodder" to lure the enemy into range.
Your thoughts?

http://209.85.48.11/9082/156/emo/Michael_jackson_bad_1_copy.jpg

Generals are win, as are Wyvern Knights.

Icewalker
2007-06-27, 06:50 PM
Yeah, generals can be fun. I never liked them because they'd never kill anything though. Instead of something which is absolutely invincible, I'd rather have something that dodges every attack and one shots everybody, even though it gets 2 attacks at like a 60 crit chance and high hit. Sages kill everything fast, Swordmasters...they just rip a swath, berserkers miss occasionally, but have like 60 crit on em if you level em fully, and heroes are heavy tanks that hit hard and get 2 attacks.

Autonomous
2007-06-27, 07:03 PM
I just noticed something, if you have the three pegasi(or however you say plural pegasus) sisters surround an enemy and attack him with one of them; a short skit and guaranteed critcal will occur.
Yeah, it's called the "Triangle Attack". I never managed to get it myself (generally I leave Pegasus Knights on the bench unless they're in dire need of levelling up or I'm presented with a level chock full of mages and singularly lacking in Archers and Armour Knights- and even then taking more than two would make every enemy attack a nail-biting experience), but it's well known among the fans. Apparently it's in just about every single one of the games.

Icewalker
2007-06-27, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I've always hated pegasus knights. They just kinda...suck. Flimsy, easily shot down by bows, never really reach great damage...and they never really have great growth rates anyways.

So, somebody mentioned a reputable ROM site? I'm trying to grab a few FE games before I leave tomorrow.

Autonomous
2007-06-27, 08:06 PM
Goddess of Dawn;

Beorc (human) units can now promote twice, resulting in three tiers of character classes. Most of the 1st and 2nd tier classes are Fire Emblem staples, such as Myrmidons and Swordmasters. 3rd Tier classes are the strongest of all classes; the character automatically learns their class's Occult (ultimate) skill upon promotion. To promote most characters from a 2nd to a 3rd tier class, a Master Crown item must be used. Main characters may sometimes promote during story events.
O_O

Third tier Myrmidons... THIRD TIER MYRMIDONS!

*critgasms*

Beren One-Hand
2007-06-27, 08:06 PM
Your thoughts?

I've only played Sacred Stones as well. I really liked the Summoner class. My first time playing it through I had Ewan spurn his teacher and go Pupil 10/Shamen 20/Summoner 20 and that ROCKED! By the end he was sprouting out cannon fodder that usually survived a turn or too (and they were wielding Killer Axes mind you:smallbiggrin:, Not to mention their flying like ability to cover most terrain)

Shades of Gray
2007-06-27, 08:41 PM
In the Gamecube version (Path of Radiance) there were different triangle attacks. There were three brothers, a sniper, a axefighter, and a knight ( knights started as either axe, sword, lance, or bow knights that chose a weapon type to learn at second tier). If you gave them all a bow they did a triangle attack. Also there was a peg. knight a sword knight and another person who did them as well.

Beren One-Hand
2007-06-27, 09:26 PM
Yeah, it's called the "Triangle Attack". I never managed to get it myself (generally I leave Pegasus Knights on the bench unless they're in dire need of levelling up or I'm presented with a level chock full of mages and singularly lacking in Archers and Armour Knights- and even then taking more than two would make every enemy attack a nail-biting experience), but it's well known among the fans. Apparently it's in just about every single one of the games.

Does this attack work even if one of the Pegasus Knight characters has already leveled into a Wyvern Knight? I hope so, I don't want to have to start my game over to see it.

Autonomous
2007-06-27, 09:31 PM
Does this attack work even if one of the Pegasus Knight characters has already leveled into a Wyvern Knight? I hope so, I don't want to have to start my game over to see it.
Check a SS FAQ. The last time I checked I *think* it was all kosher, but I'm not sure.

Gaelbert
2007-06-30, 02:23 AM
I remember the first time I fought the BBEG I used a summoner to lure him into the exact perfect spot where enough of my units could attack at the same turm and kill him. It felt a little cheap, though.

Counterpower
2007-06-30, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately, in SS, I think only Pegasus Knights and Falcoknights can do a triangle attack. I'm not 100% sure about that, though, as I didn't turn any of my pegasus knights into wyvern knights.

Wojiz
2007-06-30, 08:49 AM
I've played all the American releases except Path of Radiance, and I've played FE6, too, a fan translated version on an emulator, which I think is the best of all, except something is lost in translation.

Can't wait for Goddess of Dawn, need to play Path of Radiance.

Gaelbert
2007-06-30, 03:49 PM
In SS, is it true that if you play through once as Ephraim, once as Erika, and then another time that you get the "Super Recruit" class for Ewan, Amelia and Ross, or was I misinformed?

Vonriel
2007-06-30, 07:12 PM
I hate to derail this from the sacred stones talk, but is Hector Hard Mode as hard as everyone makes it out to be? If so, it's gonna be fun.

So for someone who was introduced to the series for the GBA release (Blazing Sword, I think?) where would I find the other games that have official translations? I'm not above dipping into emulation, but I think there's something missing when you aren't playing it on the original platform.

Wojiz
2007-06-30, 07:26 PM
In SS, is it true that if you play through once as Ephraim, once as Erika, and then another time that you get the "Super Recruit" class for Ewan, Amelia and Ross, or was I misinformed?

Something like that. Super Recruits are terrible, though.

Lyesmith
2007-07-04, 11:44 AM
THey really are.
Ewan gets the entire magical trinity at his disposal though, which i suppose is allright.

Playing through Ephraims one at the moment, just got to Castle Grado.Sent hours promoting Ross, Amelia, Cormag and Joshua (Oh, and Natasha.) Ought to be a cakewalk. Cant decide who else to class up next, though. Ewan, Lute or Artur?

Ewan is Shaman, of course. pity he looks so silly. (turquiose and orange.:smallyuk: )

Dragon Rogue
2007-07-06, 04:32 AM
For GBA, there's only the two games, correct? Sacred Stone, and well Fire Emblem?

Artemician
2007-07-06, 11:20 AM
For GBA, there's only the two games, correct? Sacred Stone, and well Fire Emblem?

Since GBA can emulate GBC games without any difficulty, I think that Path of Radiance should be added to that list.
However, you'll have to learn Japanese first, since it was never released in English.

Icewalker
2007-07-06, 11:45 AM
Well I've been playing the first one (Eliwood/Lyn/Hector) on an emulator...and I just have to say that I love save states. And arenas.

I beat it through on normal lyn/eliwood, now I'm doing hard Lyn/normal Hector, I'm hoping to reach Hector hard mode.

Course, I'm currently having trouble with Hector normal because I haven't gotten to an arena yet. Then I'll have like a level 20/10ish character, probably Guy or Sain.

Good times. I can post the characters I used in each run through if anybody wants to see who I find powerful.

Grey Paladin
2007-07-06, 04:17 PM
Fire Emblem is completely and utterly awesome.

I've got a Perfect Lyn once :smallbiggrin:

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-06, 06:21 PM
Since GBA can emulate GBC games without any difficulty, I think that Path of Radiance should be added to that list.
However, you'll have to learn Japanese first, since it was never released in English.

Hrm? It was indeed, I have an English copy right in front of me...

Autonomous
2007-07-08, 01:16 AM
Path of Radiance... the Cube game? You're probably thinking of Fuunin no Tsurugi, which was indeed Japan-only. And on the GBA.

Well I've been playing the first one (Eliwood/Lyn/Hector) on an emulator...and I just have to say that I love save states. And arenas.

I beat it through on normal lyn/eliwood, now I'm doing hard Lyn/normal Hector, I'm hoping to reach Hector hard mode.

Course, I'm currently having trouble with Hector normal because I haven't gotten to an arena yet. Then I'll have like a level 20/10ish character, probably Guy or Sain.

Good times. I can post the characters I used in each run through if anybody wants to see who I find powerful.
On one occasion I used that exploit to max out all the characters I had on the map... it took six hours and I ended up with what I can only assume was a mild form of RSI. Note that Myrmidons/Swordmasters that far above the curve will annihilate (far beyond what similarly overpowered characters can do) everything they come into contact with. Like antimatter, but less messy.

Vonriel
2007-07-08, 01:28 AM
Autonomous, I noticed that. So when I beat Hector normal for the first time, I wound up with a Guy at level 10 swordmaster, because I had stopped using him since he was a walking death machine. It's no fun .. ok, so yes, it is fun watching a swordmaster take a charge of lance-users and not get touched, but it wasn't any fun for the rest of my guys. Plus, I somehow missed getting the fell contract (grr.. :smallmad: ) so his A support with Matthew became useless.

Hector normal mode is only hard when you're also trying to get all the sidequests along with advancing the story. The battles themselves didn't really give me any trouble, because of the tried and true tactic of "Hey, let's watch the enemy bash themselves against my impenetrable wall or send themselves into the meat grinder that is Guy!" (Yeah, I think swordmasters basically rule this game..) I have yet to make it to HHM, though..

Icewalker
2007-07-08, 01:47 AM
Swordmasters for the win.

Yeah, guy pretty much rules. As of mission 17x (first arena) I have Guy as a swordmaster and Sain as a paladin. Everybody else is first class. Matthew is going to be my assassin, instead of Legault in my first game, who came out total crap. Assassin's are really good on the last level, what with the chance to instant kill and all...

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-08, 04:04 AM
Something like that. Super Recruits are terrible, though.

Ross isn't worth it compared to Berzerker, but Ewan is useful and Amelia is horribly powerful, like a spear using Swordmaster.

I never did find a character who could beat Oswin is a fight though. Don't make the mistake of thinking he's Hectors answer to Marcus. I once got Wallace to 20 Knight 20 General and he was okay, had better luck than Oswin, but was still no Oswin.

Querzis
2007-07-08, 05:31 PM
How come so few people played Path of Radiance? Its the best Fire Emblem until now as far as I'm concerned, I love the plot and the characters. And apparently I'm not the only one since the next Fire Emblem will have the same characters as in path of Radiance.

As far as I'm concerned the strongest character in Path of Radiance is Largo the Berserker. You give him a tomahawk (an axe you can throw) and he kill everything. While all the other axeman almost always miss when they fight in melee with a tomahawk, this guy hit everytime and he hit really hard! Beside, hes the Beorc who has the most hp in your team and he actually dodge very often. His only weakness is his magic resistance but since he one-shot all the mage he fight its not a problem unless its a spell like comet that you can use from very far away. Its too bad you get him so late in the game, he rule.

I also like Mia a lot. Sure she is really weak when you get her but she get so strong as she gain level. Even if she has low hp and defense, at the end of the game she dodge almost everything, she crit very often and her crit look so cool (in Path of Radiance, critical attack have some cool special effect). She is also cute, its always a good idea to have as much cute girls as you can on your side.

Soren is just the best mage around. Even if hes not the best damage dealer, at the end he almost got double the hp, defense and evasion compared to the other mages. Sure pretty much all the other mage deal more damage then him and crit more often...but since mages deal so much damage that even Soren usually one-shot the no-name soldiers, who cares? At least he wont be two-shot by a no-name soldier like it happened so often to all my other mages.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-09, 02:22 AM
How come so few people played Path of Radiance? Its the best Fire Emblem until now as far as I'm concerned, I love the plot and the characters. And apparently I'm not the only one since the next Fire Emblem will have the same characters as in path of Radiance.

Four words really;

Don't. Own. A. Gamecube.

Autonomous
2007-07-09, 09:46 PM
Four words really;

Don't. Own. A. Gamecube.You should. For Pikmin 2 alone.

Godd luck finding POR now, though...

Maldraugedhen
2007-07-10, 08:52 AM
...He says over the internet.

TruenuffTrey
2007-07-10, 01:28 PM
Swordmasters FTW!

I also have a soft spot for paladins. Theres just something about spearing enemies from atop a horse that I find enjoyable...

...Eh?
2007-07-10, 01:33 PM
As far as I'm concerned the strongest character in Path of Radiance is Largo the Berserker. You give him a tomahawk (an axe you can throw) and he kill everything. While all the other axeman almost always miss when they fight in melee with a tomahawk, this guy hit everytime and he hit really hard! Beside, hes the Beorc who has the most hp in your team and he actually dodge very often. His only weakness is his magic resistance but since he one-shot all the mage he fight its not a problem unless its a spell like comet that you can use from very far away. Its too bad you get him so late in the game, he rule.

I'm too lazy to dig up the averages, but Largo vs. Boyd is not even competition. Hell, considering that Largo is the second to last character to join, with four chapters left in the game and underleveled to boot, Largo vs. anyone is hardly a viable competition.

Querzis
2007-07-10, 03:24 PM
I'm too lazy to dig up the averages, but Largo vs. Boyd is not even competition. Hell, considering that Largo is the second to last character to join, with four chapters left in the game and underleveled to boot, Largo vs. anyone is hardly a viable competition.

What the? Largo got more hp, got much a better defense, dodge and crit way more often then Boyd! Sure any underleveled character is bad compared to the others, but when I got Largo he was only 6 levels below everyone else and he was already better then some other characters anyway. If you are too lazy to level him its not my fault. Beside, when I got him, I had enough award xp to get him all the way to level 20. I didnt do it though, I tried him even if he was low-level in the first mission we can have him (I think it was the one where the enemy was throwing boulders at us) and the first thing he did was to dodge the attack from a tiger and then one-shot it with a crit. Largo freaking rule.

Edit: here, I got the numbers when they are both level 12:

Largo: hp:57 sp:23 str:24 lck:13 def:15 crit:26 atk:40 res:3 skill:24

Boyd: hp:54 sp:20 str:24 lck:11 def:11 crit:10 atk:35 res:8 skill:20

Except in magic resistance, I dont see where Boyd beat Largo. I must say I didnt expect them to have the same str though but whatever. You can still see the difference and the main difference is the crit, Largo crit much more often then Boyd. A -4 in def and skill also do a big difference in a fight.

...Eh?
2007-07-10, 04:49 PM
What the? Largo got more hp, got much a better defense, dodge and crit way more often then Boyd! Sure any underleveled character is bad compared to the others, but when I got Largo he was only 6 levels below everyone else and he was already better then some other characters anyway. If you are too lazy to level him its not my fault. Beside, when I got him, I had enough award xp to get him all the way to level 20. I didnt do it though, I tried him even if he was low-level in the first mission we can have him (I think it was the one where the enemy was throwing boulders at us) and the first thing he did was to dodge the attack from a tiger and then one-shot it with a crit. Largo freaking rule.

Edit: here, I got the numbers when they are both level 12:

Largo: hp:57 sp:23 str:24 lck:13 def:15 crit:26 atk:40 res:3 skill:24

Boyd: hp:54 sp:20 str:24 lck:11 def:11 crit:10 atk:35 res:8 skill:20

Except in magic resistance, I dont see where Boyd beat Largo. I must say I didnt expect them to have the same str though but whatever. You can still see the difference and the main difference is the crit, Largo crit much more often then Boyd. A -4 in def and skill also do a big difference in a fight.

Hmmm...where did you get those averages? The Average stats FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/920189/40838) from GameFAQs lists the following for 20/10:

Largo: HP 54.4 Str 23.1 Mag 4.15 Skl 22.35 Spd 21.35 Luck 12.9 Def 10.75 Res 3.6

Boyd: HP 52.75 Str 25.2 Mag 2.35 Skl 19.5 Spd 19.15 Luck 13.45 Def 13.75Res 8.75

The stats here are mostly the same; Boyd has a small lead in Str, Def, and Res, while Largo has more HP, Skill, and Spd. Neither is going to be any good in the defensive department, although Largo does have a few extra points of avoid, evened out by Boyd's superior Def. As far as offense goes, Boyd has only a slight lead in Str, again evened out by Largo's extra hit chance.

So, everything seems even, until supports come in. Boyd's supports are factored in. Boyd wants A Brom, B Titania, to patch up his hit, plus further his lead in defense and pure damage. To save you the trouble of looking it up, A WaterxFire, B LightxFire gives +4 damage, +2.5 defense, and +17.5 hit chance.

Now, it wouldn't if we didn't acknowledge Largo's supports. Largo's best combination is Muarim or Taureneo B/Mia A, which provides him with +1.5 Attack, +1 Def, +20% Hit, and +20% Avo. In sheer numbers, this is looking good, yes. Hell, the Hit and Avo are damn good, I'll admit. But then you need to take a look at just who they're supporting with.

As far as Boyd's supporters go, he's doing just fine. Brom outclasses Gatrie and Tauroneo, especially if he's given the Knight Ward, for which there is no better canidate. Titania is an Oiyfae Jeigan, meaning that she's actually a good character to use, as long as you wait until about Ch. 19, by which most if not all of your units should be promoted, and Titania won't be sucking up EXP any more.

Largo isn't quite as lucky. I didn't even bother mentioning Devdan as a replacment for Mia, as he is just plain bad, although he is somewhat usable with the Knight Ward, although that should, once again, go to a knight. Maurim is a laguz, which means that whether or not you'll even use him is up to playing style; even if you do, he's an inferior unit, compared to Lethe or Mordecai. That leaves Mia A/Tauraneo B. Well, Tauraneo and his 19 Speed aren't too impressive, and Mia is somewhat weaker than Zihark. Two inferior units that have to be used just so that Largo can beat out Boyd in supports; if that still seems sensible to anyone, you should probably think long and hard about taking up two spots on your roster for one unit usable for the very end of the game.

Now, I'll end this with what should be the shortest section; skills and usability. Now, skills really shouldn't even be here; there's almost always a better recipitant for any skill Boyd or Largo could use, but assuming there isn't, there's no sense in saving your skill scrolls for the entire game just so Largo can be uber.

That's then entire problem with Largo; if you want him to be usable, you have to keep him in mind frm the beginning of the game. You have to save your Bonus EXP so he's not four levels behind the party the entire time (and giving him EXP from enemies would just be taking it away from the units who ahve actually done something for you the whole game) you have to save skills for him, you have to save support slots for him, you have to save magic items for him. It begs the question; why bother? Why make almost the entire game harder because you think some shirtless guy with a bear hat is cool? One unit who can be used for 27 chapters is far more useful than a unit who cannot be used until the last five chapters. Largo would be a useable unit, although not as good as some others.

Did I miss anything?