PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms - Cormyr Question...

kkortekaas
2007-06-24, 09:19 PM
Howdy folks,
I've got a couple questions about Cormyr that I really hope someone can answer. I'll do it in point form to save a bit of time.

- With the current state of Cormyr how likely would a camp of bandits operating out of the Hermit's Wood be?

- Would the recent conflicts in Cormyr explain why the above noted camp was not "taken care of"?

- Do any maps of the Hermit's wood exist? and is it plausible that if properly concealed, the camp could remain hidden?

- How likely would it be for the camp to traffic in slaves, essentially meeting ships along the coast to board their captured merchandise?

hopefully I was clear enough that someone will be able to provide me with the above information, I've scoured my FR library (Volo's Guide to Cormyr mainly, along with all the 3.0 & 3.5 sourcebooks) but I have yet to find if my ideas would work.

Thanks.

kkortekaas
2007-06-25, 08:06 AM
Anyone have any input at all?

SoulCatcher78
2007-06-25, 09:56 AM
The great thing (if large enough (over 5 square miles)) should be able to hide a temporary band of brigands. How long they will be able to remain hidden depends entirely on the need for the crown forces to route them out, i.e. if they kidnap a noble from one of the minor families someone might hire the characters to get him back. As far as the salver angle goes, it's more profitable (and leaves fewer bodies) than killing everyone (plus it gives the PCs motivation to not go in with wands blazing). Sounds like a perfectly serviceable beginning to a campaign.

Other things to consider...do the PCs already have a charter for their adventuring company? How important will the captives be in all this (are you starting something that will take a long time to play out...track down a particular captive for rescue)?

kkortekaas
2007-06-25, 11:33 AM
The adventure that I'm planning is actually a pre-amble to Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave.

I plan on having Sarp Redbeard (Lord of Wheloon) contract out the party to investigate the attacks and track down a patrol of Purple Dragons that he originally sent out about 2 tendays ago.

The actual reason that the brigands set up shop, was because the Sharrans from Wheloon caught word about the imminent arrival of the Cleric of Mystra, and needed him to "disappear"

Matthew
2007-06-26, 09:36 PM
Yeah, seems like Soul Catcher is right; I cannot think of any objections off hand.