PDA

View Full Version : Extraplanar Constructs

Norma
2016-05-03, 11:30 PM
So, for a game I'm running, I want to have the priesthood of Gond make important appearances. I plan to introduce some constructs as both enemies and allies. The most sacred constructs naturally would be creatures from Mechanus and other planes of law.

However looking through the books, so far the only Extraplanar monsters I could find are:

Golems: Gloom (MM3), Hellfire (FF), Shadesteel (MM3), Prismatic (MM3), and Demonflesh (FF)
Inevitables: Kolyarut (MM), Marut (MM), Quarut (FF), Varakhut (FF), Zelekhut (MM)
Maug (FF)
Quesar (BoED)
Retriever (MM)
Clockwork Mender (MM 4)
Modrons (Web Enhancement)

I'd really like more variety, though I can probably make due with the Inevitables and Modrons.

In particular I'd like angelic looking constructs, or at the least something humanoid in shape with wings. If anyone knows of any more interesting extraplanar constructs I'd love to hear about them. Templates are welcome too.

Gildedragon
2016-05-03, 11:59 PM
Well, slap effigy creature template onto something and then slap the pseudonatural template on top of that. Get extraplanar outsider clockwork creatures that fold out into tentacles and doom

Effigy creature + dark creature gets you extraplanar (non outsider) constructs

Same tricks apply with Elder Eidolons, Half Constructs, Dustform, or Dust Stuffed templates... Or any construct really

There is the Aleax template

ATHATH
2016-05-04, 12:03 AM
Astral Contructs aren't extraplanar, but you could refluff them to come from the Demi-Plane of Ectoplasm (detailed in a Mind's Eye Article).

Eisfalken
2016-05-04, 12:29 AM
I'd really like more variety, though I can probably make due with the Inevitables and Modrons.

In particular I'd like angelic looking constructs, or at the least something humanoid in shape with wings. If anyone knows of any more interesting extraplanar constructs I'd love to hear about them. Templates are welcome too.

You need effigy template from Complete Arcane for more and more "clockwork" things. For "angelic", check out protectars from Miniatures Handbook.

Inevitability
2016-05-04, 02:55 AM
If you want angelic constructs, perhaps a half-celestial warforged could work?

Mr Adventurer
2016-05-04, 03:23 AM
http://www.dandwiki.com/w/images/thumb/a/ac/War-fly.jpg/200px-War-fly.jpg