PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Need Inspiration!

DracoKnight
2016-05-04, 12:26 AM
I feel like I've absolutely failed myself by not homebrewing anything in forever :smallfrown:

If there's anything you want to see updated/homebrewed for 5e, please comment! I need to make something! :smallbiggrin:

Final Hyena
2016-05-04, 02:19 AM
You could make me the happiest man in the world! :smallredface:

But to be serious I noticed that your subclasses had a few duplicates, just thought Ill'd mention it. Also Thank you, I use your dragonlock, it fits my setting wonderfully.

I don't especially have any desires for content, but would feel bad leaving without trying to give you inspiration so here goes;
Feeds of the life force of others (hurting/killing fuels his power)
A dedicated archer (variety of ranged trick shots ~ shooting round corners/cover, hitting multiple targets in a line, special arrows etc
What comes around (A focus on redirecting swords, arrows & spells)

khadgar567
2016-05-04, 07:54 AM
is there any change you can make nyotengu from dead or alive as race

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-05-04, 08:57 AM
Hey, you haven't done a ranger fix yet. Every big time homebrewer needs a ranger fix.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-04, 09:08 AM
Hey, you haven't done a ranger fix yet. Every big time homebrewer needs a ranger fix.

And two-weapon fighting!

I've kind of got the opposite problem - lots of stuff I want to 'brew, but no motivation to actually do it. Maybe some of it can be farmed out? I'd like to see the Night Twist (MM3) and Wolf-in-Sheep's-Clothing (MM2) updated to 5e, for a start.

Arkhios
2016-05-04, 09:20 AM
I noticed you haven't done anything related to druids, either. Two circles can get us only so far :(

How about a druidic circle which gets an animal companion (not necessarily like the ranger's equivalent, because we all know it's terrible), and is possibly less effective as a shapechanger himself, as a tradeoff?

Also, seconding the two-weapon fighting and ranger fix (especially beast master).

DracoKnight
2016-05-05, 06:52 AM
So...an archer, a ranger, and a Druid... (Walk into a bar) Awesome! I'll get on it :)

DracoKnight
2016-05-05, 06:58 AM
You could make me the happiest man in the world! :smallredface:

But to be serious I noticed that your subclasses had a few duplicates, just thought Ill'd mention it. Also Thank you, I love use your dragonlock, it fits my setting wonderfully.

Thank you for pointing that out, I think my Drive glitched. Awesome! I'm glad it's working out for you!! :D

I don't especially have any desires for content, but would feel bad leaving without trying to give you inspiration so here goes;
Feeds of the life force of others (hurting/killing fuels his power)
A dedicated archer (variety of ranged trick shots ~ shooting round corners/cover, hitting multiple targets in a line, special arrows etc

Fun! I actually just posted about Sniper builds in the 5e forum. :)

What comes around (A focus on redirecting swords, arrows & spells)

My first thought was "Lol, the monk?" But then I got to thinking: maybe a monk subclass that can deflect spells. Maybe their 17th level ability can cut off casters from their magic.

JNAProductions
2016-05-05, 07:12 AM
A Kirby class. So I can properly play the pink puffball.

DracoKnight
2016-05-05, 11:59 AM
A Kirby class. So I can properly play the pink puffball.

Oh...no...that's a terrifying thought. Whilst I'm at it I might as well make the Villger (Smash Bros.) and ruin everyone's day :)

So Kirby...hmmmmm... I'll have to think on how to execute that in 5e...

JNAProductions
2016-05-05, 12:01 PM
Oh...no...that's a terrifying thought. Whilst I'm at it I might as well make the Villger (Smash Bros.) and ruin everyone's day :)

So Kirby...hmmmmm... I'll have to think on how to execute that in 5e...

Very very carefully. :P

I'd make it so you can draw from a limited pool of abilities based on what you've consumed in the past, and can gain temporary abilities mid-fight by eating foes. The trick is to make sure it's still adequate against single foes, when there's no littluns to consume, but not overpowered against hordes.

Dralnu
2016-05-05, 12:59 PM
Need more Druid subclasses. There's only 2 subclasses for it, and no additional UA ones or anything. I don't know what the subclasses would be about -- probably a factor in why we don't have more -- but I know we need more!