PDA

View Full Version : 40k Only War question

timkiller888
2016-05-04, 12:32 AM
I'm not totally sure if this belongs here or in the worldbuilding thingy or somewhere else entirely, but I'm looking to make a "homebrew" setting using Warhammer 40k: Only War. I just got the book, because it looked cool, and I was wondering this: how easy would it be to bolt a World War 1 or World War 2 type setting onto this brick? Is it a total pain in the ass, or would it be a whole lotta not that much effort? Would there be any outstanding changes to the base system to make it work, or could I keep a lot of it intact or simply renamed? Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Ninjadeadbeard
2016-05-04, 01:22 AM
1) This question should probably be in Roleplaying Games: Other,
2) Only War is awesome for WWII stuff, and there's an unfinished Valkyrie Chronicles homebrew of it floating around somewhere (though no items/equipment was finished),
3) The actual building of a setting belongs in Worldbuilding,
4) Are you me?

I wish you all the luck in this quest.

timkiller888
2016-05-04, 01:46 AM
1) This question should probably be in Roleplaying Games: Other,
2) Only War is awesome for WWII stuff, and there's an unfinished Valkyrie Chronicles homebrew of it floating around somewhere (though no items/equipment was finished),
3) The actual building of a setting belongs in Worldbuilding,
4) Are you me?

I wish you all the luck in this quest.

Good deal man, thank you. I've been leafing through it and I assumed the equipment would be the only real change that isn't aesthetic. I'm gonna have to see how 40k RPG handles vehicles and aircraft, because I definitely want there to be some blitzkrieg and trench warfare type stuff.