PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with dual-wielding wand build [3.5 ed]

Aetis
2016-05-04, 12:15 PM
Hello, I am currently working out a 3.5 character who can dual wield wands. (with the Double Wand Wielder feat)

Far as I can tell, this character can have the DWW at lv 6 is if I went 5 levels of wizard or 6 levels of artificer.

Is there any other combination of classes (or otherwise) that would net me DWW at lv 6 I'm forgetting?

Denver
2016-05-04, 01:07 PM
While the warlock does not strictly gain levels as a caster, I feel you could make an argument to your DM that a warlock could meet the caster level prerequisite for Double Wand Wielder. It might not be the best choice, but it would offer a character somewhere between the wizard and the artificer; the hit die of the artificer with the ability to consistently use the spells in your wands as a wizard.

The ranger has access to Two-Weapon Fighting at level two, and the character could get the feat without meeting those prerequisites. It would slow down getting Double Wand Wielder, but give a greater hit die and BAB, along with the few other handy ranger features.

And, taking a cleric with the magic domain would allow you to use any Arcane or Divine wand you find, though it would mean you could only make wands of Divine spells. Again, though, your character would have a higher hit die and BAB than just a wizard, and you would have a greater weapon and armor proficiency.

Darrin
2016-05-04, 01:54 PM
Is there any other combination of classes (or otherwise) that would net me DWW at lv 6 I'm forgetting?

Race: Silverbrow Human
Anything 4/Human Paragon 2
(Silverbrow feather fall SLA CL = HD, paragon bonus feat).

Race: Frostblood Orc/Half-Orc
Duskblade 1/Something 2/Ranger 3
(Duskblade SLAs CL = HD, Frostblood that gains Endurance can swap it for any bonus feat)

Race: Half-Elf
Duskblade 1/Anything 5/Half-Elf Paragon 1
(Duskblade SLAs CL = HD, paragon bonus feat)

Gildedragon
2016-05-04, 02:47 PM
Cleric 3 (Magic and Spell domains, replace Turn Undead with Improved Domain Power: Magic) with practiced spellcaster, Human Paragon 2 (craft wand as your bonus feat) and double wand wielder as your level six feat.
The improved domain power is to let you recharge your wands.

Aetis
2016-05-04, 06:19 PM
Fantastic.

Thanks for the suggestions.