PDA

View Full Version : d20 Anime: Is it any good?

Tough_Tonka
2007-06-24, 10:47 PM
I found this book and a Half-Price book store and decided to buy it and it looks okay at first glance, but I'd like to get some feedback from someone who has played it before?

If you have how would you rate it?

TheOOB
2007-06-24, 11:33 PM
It suffers from the problum that it doesn't need to exist. To be fair, anime isn't really even a genre applicable to gaming, all it means to be "anime" is that something is animated (the title also implies it was animated in japan.). Anime can still be drama, action, romance, adventure, ect, it's just drawn rather then filmed.

Last I checked, d20 games are not animated, so the system is kinda pointless.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-24, 11:57 PM
It suffers from the problum that it doesn't need to exist. To be fair, anime isn't really even a genre applicable to gaming, all it means to be "anime" is that something is animated (the title also implies it was animated in japan.). Anime can still be drama, action, romance, adventure, ect, it's just drawn rather then filmed.

Last I checked, d20 games are not animated, so the system is kinda pointless.

Right, because there certainly aren't styles, stories, and precepts inherent to the medium that could possibly translate into both setting and mechanics of gameplay.

Oh, wait, yeah. That thing I just said :smallwink:

Anyway, I've been looking at the system and it is...comprehensive, I think, is a good word for it. Very flexible, I think.

Dairun Cates
2007-06-25, 12:12 AM
If it's anything like the BESM products, it's probably flexible and stylistic but easier to break than a geriatric kitten with glass bones.