PDA

View Full Version : Incursion: A World Under Siege

PallentisLunam
2016-05-04, 03:05 PM
It was by guile and sabotage that the Githyanki came. With cloak and dagger they topple empires and usurped rulers. First they convinced a small, weak nation hungry for power to join them. They goaded a much larger nation to war, except when the armies of that nation marched out of their homes certain of victory, they found no opponents. When they marched back to their cities they found them plundered and razed. Survivors told stories of the very skies themselves splitting open and pouring out hundreds of flying ships. Craft that rained death and destruction down upon civilian and military targets alike.

The Gith moved quickly, scouring powerful adversaries from the face of the world. Soon they began to tunnel under the earth and the true purpose of their invasion became apparent. Hive cities of Illithids lay hidden far below the surface of the world, and the Githyanki meant to wipe them out. There was hope for a time that the yellow-skinned fire-haired oppressors would leave when they had finished their work, but then the Githyanki made a discovery. In the heart of one of the hive cities the dreaded mindflayers held a secret. They had discovered the ancient tomb of Gith, the hero that had raised the father race of the Githyanki out of bondage to the mindflayers.

The wrath of the Githyanki was terrible and not a single mindflayer escaped them. It was then that the armies changed from being an invading force to being an occupying one. They brought in builders and craftsmen to repair the damage they had done to some of the settlements, not out of kindness or compassion for those they had hurt, but so that they could have opulent palaces to rule from as they protected their prize.

Now most cities are one giant ghetto surrounding a lavish Githyanki quarter at the center. People are forced to toil for their new overlords, providing food, armaments, and luxury items while their families starve in the gutters. It is in one of these ghettos at the epicenter of Gith controlled territory that the resistance began. At first it was about survival. The Gith gave equal rations to each district within the ghetto regardless of their populations or needs. A few brave people dug tunnels to allowed supplies to be ferried back and forth ensuring that fewer people starved to death.

Soon it became about something more than survival. Soon it was about defiance. The resistance organized and began recruiting. They set watches. They gathered information. And then, they struck. The Gith were totally unprepared. They thought the people weak and cowed. They lost hundreds when the resistance collapsed a row of buildings on top of a parade march.

That was a month ago, and Gith reprisals are getting worse. Rumor has it that word of the event has spread to other cities and new resistance groups have sprung up in them. The five of you sit in the crowded basement of an old general store, along with a dozen other resistance fighters, listening to Vimak, a half-orc former lieutenant, explain the situation. "Well, we've kicked the hornets' nest. Unfortunately we now have strong intelligence that points to the fact that the Githyanki supreme commander was not killed in the attack. This is now a war of attrition. The Gith have cut all rations in half on the condition that they will be restored when the people give up their leaders, fly over patrols by their infernal skiffs have been tripled, and there have been over fifty arrests of prominent community leaders. We believe that they are being tortured for information in the Githyanki tower. Now is the time for suggestions if anybody has them."

Tharione
2016-05-04, 03:28 PM
Droth stands at the table, refusing to sit as per usual, with his surly manner quite plainly visible upon his face.

"We cannot afford the tunnels being compromised. Their Sky patrols Can be evaded so long as we keep them secret."

He leans in and plants his hands on the table to stare down everyone he can at roughly eye level.

"Anyone of those captives who knows anything needs to be released or silenced. Toppling that tower would send a message and do the job in one blow."

otep7734
2016-05-04, 04:58 PM
The only way to topple that tower is with a large group of sappers well beneath it's foundation. I doubt we have that kind of man power let alone sappers for that kind of assault! Gabriel stated coldly. He was accustomed to working with limited resorces but this was borderline rediculious...

We have to think like tacticians, we either need to sever their supply lines or continue to participate in gourilla warfare...

Tharione
2016-05-04, 05:04 PM
"Then we look for the means first. Attacking their supply lines is possibly, cutting their supply lines is madness at this juncture. They are supported by powerful spell casters, even if we could stop the skyships they could teleport what they needed in. We need a precise target, not two hundred vague ones..."

Droth gives a cold glance to the other man.

"..you give me an idea though... Do you think a sizable skyship could topple it in a full speed collision?"

PallentisLunam
2016-05-04, 05:19 PM
Vimak's eyes light up, "It might just be possible. An attack like that would send a message far and wide, but we would first need to evacuate the civilians."

otep7734
2016-05-04, 05:32 PM
If we evacuated the civiliand, the Zenos have a clear indication that something is going to happen...

It's a gamble no matter how you look at it. First we need to aquire a Zeno sky ship, find a suicidal helmsman to strike it...

Tharione
2016-05-04, 05:40 PM
"A helmsman who can fly or fall safely and a piece of rope Is what i'd prefer over a suicidal one, aim the ship."

Droth remarks snidely, smirking, before resuming a serious and aggressive tone.

"You make a solid point that the plan will need good timing, the ship will need to be taken and on the way before the evacuation is sounded. If we decide this as a course of action we will need to plan around the ship.. pick two viable targets, find their schedules and pick where to strike. Preferably Somewhere with as little visibility as possible lest the hijacking raise alarms..."

He then frowns.

"Their response time can be operated within but the plan does require two teams.. Three if we want to create a diversion to lessen the chance they'll catch on to the real plan."

otep7734
2016-05-04, 05:47 PM
You run the risk of the ship veering off last minute if the helmsman jumps off...

Gabriel rubbed his eyes and temple as he contemplated the plans at hand.

Yet again, we run into the issues of man power. How many of us are left now a days? I just recall quite a few of us being cut down or captured which leads us to the problems at hand...

hustlertwo
2016-05-04, 06:58 PM
The casually-dressed elan toward the back of the room spoke up as he scratched a jungle cat under the chin. Not to pour water on this revolutionary flame, but before we take more actions to inflame the Gith, might I bring up again that we need to secure a better source of food for the populace. Might we be able to put a pin in attacking the tower and poking the behemoth further until we have insured the people won't be swayed by more ration shortages? Hunger would be even more likely to push people to inform on us than the tortures in that tower. No man wants to watch their family starve in the service of a greater good. Might we not also send a message by raiding one of their supply depots before the big tower attack? Stockpile some more provisions for the inevitable blowback.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-04, 07:03 PM
An elf speaks up from the base of the stairs where she is keeping an ear on the alleyway outside, "What's more, nobody knows how those ships of theirs work let alone how to pilot one. Your talk of helmsmen, suicidal or otherwise is irrelevant until we know more."

Tharione
2016-05-04, 07:08 PM
"If they transport supplies by ship i don't see the two as mutually exclusive..."

Droth crosses his arms.

"Supplies and Reinforcements are both priorities but if we lose our secrecy we lose everything. Torture loosens tongues more quickly than hunger if not as well, not to mention those suffering the torture are more likely to know anything that can condemn us than a hungry laborer. A very visible success will tighten supplies further but will reinforce the will of the public. Recruitment will be easier and the people may have enough hope to hold out. Stealing supplies will never be enough to be a long term solution for a large population. If we are going to try and secure supplies we need a reliable, continuous source... which at this point means extraplanar or magical."

He overhears the elf.

"..information gathering isn't my specialty, but we'll more need intelligence whatever we choose to act on."

hustlertwo
2016-05-04, 07:24 PM
We've talked in circles enough. I think we should put the matter to a vote before going further, either in preparing or spying. A show of hands for who is in favor of trying to bring down the tower with a sky ship, and another for who is in favor of disrupting or stealing supplies. Both are good courses of action, but only one can be our actual next course.

Hieronymus looks to see who votes for which.

otep7734
2016-05-04, 08:24 PM
We do not have enough information to make a educated choice!

If we abandon the prisoners of war, we can consider this position compromised. If we charge head long into this near suicidal assault, we risk what little man power we possess.

I vote we gather information then decide...

UrsusArctos
2016-05-04, 09:29 PM
The well dressed man sitting at the table smiled and said, "It's quite simple. I can summon an army of spies across the entirety of this city. They will go undetected and not bothered. In fact, their presence will be seen as mundane, ordinary, normal.

"But to do this I will food. Not money, my spies don't believe in the value of that. But they do see a value in food. We get food, and I can gather information. How to pilot one of these ships? My agents will figure out how."

Hijitsun still hadn't told his fellow rebels how he gathered his information, but did not worry if they found out.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-04, 09:33 PM
Vimak's eyes narrow, "You are fairly new to our cell. Who are you and how can you promise these things?"

UrsusArctos
2016-05-04, 10:27 PM
"Before I joined this resistance group, and before the Gith invaded this world, I was an information broker. A dealer, with an elaborate network of agents. They roost around this city, and I can rouse them once more."

PallentisLunam
2016-05-04, 10:28 PM
"And do you have a name?"

razorback
2016-05-04, 10:32 PM
The gaunt elf standing near the shadows watches with a cold eye as the other bicker back and forth.
<Young, they are.> he thinks to himself.
As the well dressed man speaks, he nods in agreement. "It is folly, as we have learned, to charge in recklessly. Information needs to be gathered. To show our hand too soon..." he trails off as he slowly shakes his head. "So far we have been lucky that no one has given away our location, names or appearances. Our luck will not hold forever. At some point someone, as stated, will grow tired of their family starving or get corralled into questioning that they can't hold up to... and then we are lost. We need good, solid information with contingencies in place because even in success their will be repercussions, but failure will carry a larger price than just our heads." Turning back to the tall, lean man he asks "As Vimak has asked, what can you do that others cannot?"

Tharione
2016-05-04, 10:49 PM
"Information is key but being overly cautious will cost us time. And, as you so elegantly stated, time is not on our side."

The human gestures to the supposed spymaster.

"The only way to trust this ones claims are to see the results. Either we let him try or we do not, and unless someone else has other avenues to present I vote we give him a shot to impress us... Something small... Like how many guards this tower has outside at night."

otep7734
2016-05-04, 11:55 PM
I agree, something simple would be a good way to judge the capabilities of his network...

hustlertwo
2016-05-05, 06:01 AM
Then I will be glad to oversee an expedition to get the food this odd fellow needs. Anyone else wish to come?

Tharione
2016-05-05, 09:49 AM
"If we are truly in such a dire situation that we cannot afford a small test of these abilities then it seems we have no choice. But, I have yet to see this."

hustlertwo
2016-05-05, 11:47 AM
Hi threw up his hands. Fine, Droth. Another victory for inaction. Spymaster, hurry up and prove yourself so we can get something done.

otep7734
2016-05-05, 11:50 AM
If our friend has a spy network, let us double down.

While his agents gather information, we should try to gather supplies. Only take what you need, give the rest to the civilians. This is as much of a propaganda campaign as it is a scrimmage....

Tharione
2016-05-05, 11:54 AM
"Finally someone else realizes that we can do multiple things concurrently."

Frowns at the elan.

razorback
2016-05-05, 12:54 PM
"Agreed, then. Vimak, do you know where we can obtain supplies for the people? Instead of raiding Gith posts, there has to be somewhere... somehow we can supplies and bring them in?"

hustlertwo
2016-05-05, 01:08 PM
The druid pouts. Why did the idea of doing a raid while we wait sound better when Gabriel says it? Ma was right, I really don't have a way with words. But I do know I'm ready to get out of these tunnels and stretch my legs. Supply run is just the thing, and I'm ready when you slowpokes are.

razorback
2016-05-05, 01:23 PM
"You should always listen to your 'ma''s words. She is older and brought you into this world. Not that you should always follow them but at least give them their proper weight." Tu'Ca says with a smile, trying to lighten the dark mood, though he doesn't feel like lifting the darkness himself.

otep7734
2016-05-05, 01:23 PM
Gabriel had a venomous smile spread across his face.

No, just when I mentioned it, it was a place filler while our friends agents do their thing.

So have we come to an agreement then? Raid the Zenos and gather information.

Tharione
2016-05-05, 01:26 PM
"I still prefer something sustainable if there is such a target.."

otep7734
2016-05-05, 01:30 PM
At this point in time, we need to focus on the immediate goals, we can start the more long term ones once we have a good foothold established.

Tharione
2016-05-05, 01:50 PM
"Or we wind up chasing 'immediate' goals for as long as this revolution-by-committee lasts..."

hustlertwo
2016-05-05, 02:06 PM
So add one more to the list for the spy guy to do, and while he peeps at the guards he also looks for a better source of food. Number of informers he has, he should be able to handle it.

Tharione
2016-05-05, 02:16 PM
"We may not have enough options yet to do much more than a supply raid, but keep in mind we need solutions to problems not bandages."

he looks toward the head of the table.

"Give us a target."

UrsusArctos
2016-05-05, 03:16 PM
"My name is Hijitsun. And the best way to prove that I can do what I say I can is for you to let me do what I can. I can employ some agents to look for food whilst observing the tower. Perhaps I myself shall join them in their information gathering."

The warlock stood up.

"I'll need some food to start. Perhaps a simple loaf of bread or two, and then I will be able to pay off my agents. I won't need the food until they return with information, of course."

PallentisLunam
2016-05-06, 10:50 AM
"I agree that we need to establish permanent sources of necessities and I have an idea of how to do so... although it may be unpleasant. The githyanki throw away more than enough food for our purposes. They don't seem to understand that food rots so they bring in too much and don't eat it fast enough. If we can steal this and have a god bless it for us then our food shortage problems will be solved. We can begin digging the tunnel at once but I will need volunteers to go liberate a priest or two from their holding cells down at the old guard house.

Tharione
2016-05-06, 11:06 AM
"Wonderful. I'm on board. In the meanwhile put our information resources to work. Is there anyone else of note being held there?"

razorback
2016-05-06, 11:08 AM
"If this is more of a stealth mission, then I'm in. Well, hell, even if it's not, we need to be as subtle as possible for as long as possible, so might skills and talents might be required. I guess, either way, I'm in." Tu'Ca says with a wistful look on his face. "I would still prefer to go in sneaky and out the same way, rather than spells a blazing, for the record."

otep7734
2016-05-06, 12:32 PM
As you all know, I am no good at Stealth missions. However, should things go sour, my xiphos waits for it's time.

hustlertwo
2016-05-06, 01:26 PM
And Rocky and I are always ready to serve as a distraction. Dash around, light things on fire, shout jingoistic slogans, get a good guard response then zip out again. Might also be able to help with getting those priests out of the danger zone once we find 'em.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-06, 09:42 PM
"I will go find my spies. I will be back shortly."

Hijitsun walked out of the room and climbed the stairs to the main room of the former general store. The Hengeyokai looked around him, and made sure no one was watching.

Seconds later, a small bird stood in his place - a black sparrow. The bird beat it's wings and flew towards the exit of the store, taking off into the air.

It was good to stretch his wings again and take to the sky. It was something that the bird quite missed, and was a liberating feeling. It was made better by the fact he didn't have to watch himself on the outside in this form. Sure, some Gith might see him, but a bird in the sky was not abnormal.

The sparrow flew through the air, looking for a tree or building in which many birds of a feather would flock together. Finally, he found a stone building with birds assembled upon it.

He landed and looked at many of the birds and spoke in their tongue.

"I can offer you food, easily. All you must do is watch a building for one night and tell me what you see Then, you will have enough more bread than you know what to do with."

razorback
2016-05-07, 04:05 PM
Tunto'Calima looks at the druid with a look that tells that he can't quite tell if he is joking or being serious.
"I have to imagine Rocky is pretty sneaky when he wants to be. Might want to keep an eye on him to pick up some pointers."

Tharione
2016-05-07, 05:22 PM
"I'll be the insurance for if we have to run some gith through."

hustlertwo
2016-05-07, 09:01 PM
Can't hide. Don't have the patience for it. Speaking of, we gonna go? Gotta do something, feeling cooped up, need to get out out OUT!

His foot taps nervously as he awaits departure.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-07, 09:12 PM
Vimak nods and waves Hijitsun out. Addressing the rest of the room he says, "Then it's settled. The four of you plus our resident spy master will liberate the prisoners being held in the fifth street guardhouse. I'll leave the specifics to you." Running a hand though his hair he takes a deep breath. "Okay people, it's gonna be rough out there for the next few days. Keep your eyes open and your mouths shut. Leave in twos and threes. Check the skies and your corners. Be safe. We'll meet back here in-" He glances at Droth, "-three days?"

A large raven hops forward and puffs up its chest. "This my flock. Not know you. Bread good, but want shinnies too. Good trade."

Tharione
2016-05-08, 09:43 AM
"Three days will be more than enough time. Those with me let's head out, one at time. No large groups under open sky or in sight of gith."

Droth presses a hand to his chest to curl up the second skin of his armor into a compact ball, revealing dirty workmans clothes. putting this out of sight and bundling up his greatsword in a bundle of sticks. He then makes for the exit and the general location of the guardhouse, first the nearest street behind the guardhouse to get a look at its backside, then looking for a building nearby from which he can observe inconspicuously. Paying attention to any sewer access nearby as he goes.

razorback
2016-05-08, 10:59 AM
Tu'Ca focuses for a moment and his clothes shift to those of a common worker, torn and disheveled.
"Right, three days. Keep safe, keep out of the Gith eyes, and keep your eyes open... got it.
He leaves, looking down trodden and crushed, which isn't far from the truth, as he walks down the street and blends in with the first crowd, keeping an eye out for anyone spying on him or the location he just left.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-08, 09:39 PM
Oh, of course. Hundreds of shiny coins for you with the bread. As much as you can carry. All you must do is watch a tower. How many protect it is what I need to know.

For this, shinnies and food.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-09, 09:59 PM
The raven gives an excited hop side to side, "Yes, yes. This good. What roost?"

Everybody slips out of the hideout over the next couple of minutes. Those tasked with doing so wander over to the occupied guardhouse and begin scoping it out as Githyanki skiffs pass periodically over head.

There are two Githyanki stationed flanking the front doors. They glare at passersby until inevitably the citizen drops their gaze, if they meet the Githyankis' eyes at all. The two guards are armed with short spears and shields. They carry no weapons of pacification, only war. The guardhouse itself is a solidly built two story affair with narrow windows and a crenelated parapet that runs around the upper floor. It was built as a strong point in the event of a siege so its windows double as arrow slits and it is a good several feet taller than any surrounding buildings. Its doors, front and back, are iron bound solid oak. The back wall is unmanned but there is a guard patrolling outside on the second floor. There is sewer access from the alley behind the building and every few hundred feet on most of the main streets. The only issue would be getting spotted, and then of course traversing the sewer system.

Tharione
2016-05-09, 10:23 PM
Droth attempts to investigate the sewers around and underneath the guardhouse, entering from an access point out of direct sight.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-09, 10:43 PM
You are able to drag the grate off of a storm drain and hop in, pulling it closed above you just as a skiff, flying low over the street, rounds a corner and passes directly above you. Breathing a sigh of relief you crawl through a few hundred yards of sewer lines about four feet in diameter. It's not a straight shot and occasionally you are forced to pause at grates to check your bearings. The tunnels you are crawling through steadily become cleaner but smaller, down to about eighteen inches across, before, finally, you come to a set of one inch iron bars embedded deeply into the bricks of the sewer's masonry. About ten feet further down the line you can see, by a dim flickering orange light like a candle, that the left side of the tunnel opens up. You hear voices speaking softly but their words are drowned out by the steady babbling of the water that is streaming out through the bars.

Tharione
2016-05-09, 10:59 PM
He retreats from here to inform the rest of the team that there seems to be an option to enter directly through the sewers, marking the route as he goes.

hustlertwo
2016-05-09, 11:28 PM
Hieronymus waits in the square, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick to hobble about while Rocky is hidden nearby. He looks at Droth as he returns and tells the group of his underground exploration.

OK, so maybe not the best option but certainly an option...think with a little magical boost you could rip or sunder the bars? If not, I can enchant one of us to go up the back wall, along with Rocky, and try to enter from there and let the rest in. No other options seem immediately apparent, short of just trying to draw the guards out and then try a frontal incursion. But they may just turtle up and wait for reinforcements.

What is the weather currently?

Tharione
2016-05-10, 08:24 AM
"The shield bearer might have a slightly better chance, but they were old iron and only in brick and mortar not stone. It shouldn't be a problem."

razorback
2016-05-10, 11:50 AM
Tu'Ca winds his path slowly, making what ends up being concentric circles around the guardhouse as he checks the patrols that circle around, getting a gauge of their regularity and scheduling, trying to divine a pattern. He spends hours in slow, methodical walking, careful to keep his head down to their 'overlords' as he moves about the city. He also keeps an eye out for skulkers or traitors who might have an eye out for someone like their group, nonchalantly keen to see if anyone else is watching the comings and goings of anyone else.
He feels the aura of menace that the Gith lay over the city and he grinds his teeth a bit at having to lay himself low to any that come or go, but he does it knowing that this is the best path to excising the invaders.

PallentisLunam, i'll let you do any spot, listen, etc rolls as needed to keep up the suspense!

otep7734
2016-05-10, 09:11 PM
The store front happened to have a heavy set of cloaks that Gabriel gathered and placed over his armor. He placed his shield over his back which suprisingly slightly resembled a hunch....

When we decide the best corse of action then I will do what is needed... if we need a diversion and a few dead guards, I'll need some support but I can hold my own...

hustlertwo
2016-05-10, 09:49 PM
Hi, excitable as always, blurts out his plan in rapid-fie sentences. We need to make the call fast if we want to act tonight, curfew time starts soon and we need to either move or clear off until tomorrow. Cannot be inconspicuous when the streets are empty. Droth, you saw the sewers. If you say we try them, I am ready to get dirty for the cause, and Rocky...well, he is willing if not exactly excited. Otherwise, just try to decide between the two of you who has the best chance of eliminating the guards after climbing up to the second floor with Rocky. You will not have to stay very quiet; I can make a lot of noise out here to distract them, with or without the other person. And those two punks at the front doors I can dust, no problem. Then you either open the front door from inside and we rejoin you, or if you don't emerge by the time the heat is on we book it back for base.

Tharione
2016-05-10, 09:55 PM
"While I'm confident any of us can dust them the issue is doing so before they can react. I say we take the underground. In the unlikely, best case, scenario we can get in and out without even being noticed. Unless someone strongly disagrees Let's get moving now."

otep7734
2016-05-11, 12:46 AM
The sewers seem like the best route, out of the sight of the air ships, and we can go to and from under the cover of darkness without prying eyes looking upon us.

Gabriel thought for a moment.

I would take point but I am not familiar with these sewer systems, but my shield seems like the best thing to place between us and any unwanted guests we may encounter..

hustlertwo
2016-05-11, 03:11 AM
The druid hoists his staff and calls Rocky closer. Ready to go. Lead the way.

Tharione
2016-05-11, 08:49 AM
"I have marked the path in the sewers. Let's go."

Droth moves to enact then plan.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-11, 06:10 PM
The area seems to be fairly devoid of people, it may be the time of day or the presence of the guardhouse keeping people indoors. As the sun sinks towards the horizon patrols of Gith ships become more and more common and each ship powers up three spotlights that constantly scan the streets and alleyways. Curfew hasn't struck yet but you only have a few more minutes.

Droth leads Tu'Ca, Hi, and Gabriel back to the storm drain that he entered through. The coast seems clear but it won't stay that way for long.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-11, 09:13 PM
It is the tallest building in the palace complex, in the center of the city. Observe during the night and return here at dawn.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-11, 09:30 PM
"We do and you bring shinnies and bread. Yes, Yes. We do," the raven says before hopping to the edge of the perch and taking flight. Several other birds follow.

With careful timing and Droth and Gabriel working together to pry open the drain, the four resistance fighters are able to slip into the sewers without getting spotted by a patrol skiff. They then crawl single file with Droth in the lead and shortly they are at the grate leading to the basement of the guardhouse. However this time, instead of fresh water flowing out of the building there is a small pile of human solid waste pressed up against the bars, slowly being chipped away at by the stream but flowing directly past the four spelunkers.

A marching order, Droth is automatically in the front since he knows the way and his markings, and Fort saving throws all around.

Tharione
2016-05-11, 09:45 PM
[roll0] +4 vs spells or SLAs
on a success ignores any lesser effects (mettle)

hustlertwo
2016-05-11, 10:03 PM
Hi would be bringing up the rear with Rocky.

Hi save [roll0] (hopefully also a high save, ha ha)
Rocky save: [roll1]

This is not OK. I repeat, not OK. I like natural things as much as the next druid, but this is just too much. Too much!

Awkward though it is, the leopard somehow manages to clamber into its owners arms, clearly not interested in dealing with sewer grates full of poop.

otep7734
2016-05-11, 10:28 PM
[roll0]

No fumble, I forgot to edit this last night! Long day at work...

I guess I'm 3rd in line?

Gabriel smiled slightly as the rest of the group bickered.

What did you expect to find down here, rainbows and bunnies?

razorback
2016-05-12, 11:22 AM
Tu'Ca gags a bit as he is surprised by the druids comments.
"Well, it could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be." the elf says quietly as he moves up.

Tu'Ca will be behind Droth.
He's stealthy and has good sense.
He'll move silently/hide while listening and spotting, but I'll leave that up to you, PallentisLunam. For surprises!

UrsusArctos
2016-05-12, 08:38 PM
The sparrow watched the ravens fly away, and joined them, but headed in a different direction. This bird flew through the air, returning to the old storefront the Resistance operated out of.

Once safely inside, slipping through a small hole in the roof, the bird turned back into it's natural form, of the warlock.

Hijitsun looked around for the other four rebels, and didn't see them. "Vimak, excuse me, but where are the others?"

PallentisLunam
2016-05-12, 10:10 PM
Vimak spins around, a large knife in his hand and a snarl on his face. When he realizes it's just Hijitsun he lower his weapon and puts a hand over his chest. "You nearly gave me a heart attack. The meeting ended over an hour ago. I don't know where anybody is now. I would imagine that they are either, holed up somewhere together observing the guardhouse or they have worked out some sort of rotation to keep it under constant discrete surveillance, only fools would run in without getting a feel for the place first, and this war has already weeded out most of the fools."

hustlertwo
2016-05-13, 06:39 AM
Hi managed a weak smile.

Trust me, bunnies would only make it worse, with how much waste they can create compared to their size. So, who is ready to rip some bars off?

Tharione
2016-05-13, 08:21 AM
"As I've ever been."

Droth begins attempting to push the bars out of their setting in the bricks.

3 attempts before giving it his all.
[roll0] Strength
[roll1] Strength
[roll2] Strength

22 if forced to take 20.

All presumably +2 from strength buff if that's incoming.
possibly +2 from the spartan if aid is applicable
possibly +2 if he can get 1 bar free to use as a crowbar against the rest. or is loaned a crowbar.

hustlertwo
2016-05-13, 10:54 AM
Hi does grant a supernatural boon to Droth, infusing him with magical vigor of the bull for the task ahead.

otep7734
2016-05-13, 12:30 PM
You got it friend? Or do you need some help? At this rate, we can write off the element of suprise... the damned Zenos can smell us comming now.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-13, 09:21 PM
After a few seconds of straining, blessed by Hi's spell, Droth manages to rip one of the bars out of its setting. The sound of breaking stone echoes through the tunnel. The voices coming from inside the guardhouse stop briefly, there is a rapid exchange followed by a shushing sound. Using the newly removed bar Droth is able to bend the others outwards and make a hole wide enough to squeeze through.

The tunnels are circular, 2.5 feet in diameter. There is no way to aid Droth because there is no way for somebody else to reach the bars, you're basically belly crawling at this point but it also doesn't mater because 24 was enough.

Tharione
2016-05-13, 09:22 PM
Droth squeezes through swiftly, time is of the essence.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-13, 09:32 PM
Working his way quickly into the guardhouse Droth comes to the room that he saw through the grate earlier. There is a fairly long hallway, about sixty feet, lined with cells on both side. They appear to be about ten feet square and the hallway between them is about five feet wide. A pair of tunnels about six inches square run under the two rows of cells and dumps out into the channel that Droth is standing in. Water flows through both of these tunnels, pluming for the cells it would appear.

Candles are set about every dozen along the walls. In the dim light Droth can see a face pressed against one set of bars trying to see down the hallway. A voice calls in a hoarse whisper, "Well? What do you see?!" The man that Droth can see pulls his face away from the bars with an exasperated expression.

He answers in a similar tight voice, "Nothing yet. Would you just shut up and listen for anyone coming down?!"

Tharione
2016-05-14, 11:54 AM
Droth looks about for signs of keys before motioning for those with better eyes to follow him in.

hustlertwo
2016-05-14, 12:40 PM
Hi and Rocky follow behind, Hi taking a moment to cast Shillelagh on his quarterstaff. He whispers in Droth's ear.

Ready to take 'em out when you are. Hit hard enough and they may not get a chance to cry out.

razorback
2016-05-14, 01:55 PM
Tu'Ca, hearing Hieronymus, reaches into his pouch and pulls out a pinch of sand as he nods, preparing to cast.

Tu'Ca
AC ~ 13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 36; Current ~ 36

Ready Action
Cast Deeper Slumber once the action starts, if he can see them.
Relevant feats: SF-Enchantment and Unsettling Enchantment.

Effects ~

PallentisLunam
2016-05-14, 08:24 PM
Down at the far end of the hallway a beam of light, as that from an opened door appears. It illuminates a ring with over a dozen keys on in. Voices, Gith voices speaking their harsh native tongue, can be heard as heavy boots clack on stone stairs. A chorus of chesty coughs echo down the hallway over the guards words. The man looking down the hallway spots Droth and frantically waves him back around the corner.

There is a loud clang from around the corner and someone barks orders in heavily accented common, "Quiet, filth." The coughing stops. "What was that noise?"

"Oh nothing boss. Just Corby's bowels," comes the reply. The sound of a snarl echoes down the bare stone hallway followed closely by a shill cry of pain.

Tharione
2016-05-14, 09:01 PM
Droth ducks back behind the corner, readying a charge attack for if they are discovered.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

If hits and deals at least 10 damage:
[roll2] trip attempt

UrsusArctos
2016-05-15, 02:31 PM
"Yes, let's hope they were not so foolish. Thank you, general." Hijitsun bowed, and left the room. He now knew where they were headed, and was disappointed they had left without them.

Finding again an area without an supervision, he shifted back into the form of a black sparrow and took off through the air.

The sparrow drifted lazily through the city, unconcerned about being seen. Some might, but it was a truly mundane sight to see a bird in the air.

He arrived at the guardhouse and landed on a rooftop across from it. The bird looked at it, observing for a way in or his allies.

Spot: [roll0]

PallentisLunam
2016-05-15, 08:14 PM
The cries of pain slowly fade to humorless chuckles. The one of the gith voices speaks again in their native tongue. "We will rid you of your rebellious tendencies yet, priest!" the second one snarls. The sound of footsteps recede down the hall and back up the stairs.

A guard walks the circuit around the second floor. He has an amulet that casts a spotlight several dozen feet in front of him. He stops irregularly to look out over the city and scan nearby alleyways. None of the nearby rooftops are higher than the guardhouse so Hijitsun cannot see over the parapet.

Tharione
2016-05-15, 08:40 PM
After a long moment of waiting Droth steps out resuming a search for the keys.

Quietly he speaks to the previously waving prisoner. "Keys?"

PallentisLunam
2016-05-15, 08:53 PM
"On the hook at the end of the hall," he whispers back, however when Droth looks up to where he saw the keys hanging earlier he realizes that they are gone. The githyanki must have taken them for some reason.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-15, 08:55 PM
I can't see over the parapet, it seems. No matter. The sparrow jumped off of the balcony, and ascended into the air, flying up, higher than the balcony to get a better view, and looked down.

hustlertwo
2016-05-15, 08:56 PM
Think we can bust 'em out without them? Quickly, before the spell I weaved for you wears off.

Hi retrieves the bar that Droth had used as a makeshift pry bar just a moment before, back at the grate.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-15, 09:14 PM
The upper level has a single door set in the south facing wall but is lined with arrow slits behind the parapet. It would appear that the designers wished to have a fail safe if an assailing force managed to scale the walls of the guardhouse. Any one of these is large enough for Hijitsun to fit through in sparrow form.

Tharione
2016-05-15, 09:43 PM
"There are a lot of them... And if we make any noise.."

Droth attempts to bend the bars of a cell wide enough for the person within to escape using the previous method, taking as long as needed unless interrupted.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-15, 09:55 PM
The cell bars are significantly thicker than those that blocked the sewer tunnel and they appear to be made of steel set in stone where as the bar Droth holds is made of iron. It begins to bend before the cell bars do. The rescuers also notice something of significance. The cells occupied by the imprisoned priests have strange glyphs inscribed on the walls around the cells.

The prisoners are both young and appear reasonably healthy. One is of elven descent and the other quite clearly human. They are both dressed in the tattered patchwork rags that have become common in the city these days. "Didn't you bring a file or a hacksaw or something?" the human asks in a nearly frantic whisper.

Tharione
2016-05-15, 10:05 PM
on the glyphs:

[roll0] spellcraft
[roll1] know: arcana

"You casters have any answers?"

PallentisLunam
2016-05-15, 10:25 PM
These are powerful runes that block ley lines and contact with extraplanar forces. Any spellcaster unlucky enough to be locked inside these would be utterly stripped of all spells or supernatural powers. Even those previously prepared but unexpended.

hustlertwo
2016-05-16, 08:27 AM
Unless they were courteous enough to make the locking mechanism out of wood, or leave a patch of the cell floor as dirt or unworked soil instead of stone, my only notion is that anything we do is liable to make noise and alert the guard. Why not cut out the middleman? Since we cannot open the cells, we have one of these prisoners simply proclaim just a bit too loud to the other that he got his door open and it is time to make a break for it. The guards come running to see the jailbreak and we lie in wait to thump them and take the keys.

Tharione
2016-05-16, 09:49 AM
"If the one with the keys is the one that comes running..."
Droth awaits the elfs answer before deciding.

razorback
2016-05-16, 03:05 PM
Quietly Tu'Ca says "I can cast a spell over the area that will generate a zone of silence, if we think we can get them out. It will last several minutes, which should be enough time to do what we need to do. What do you think?" he says nervously as he fingers the blade of his dagger.

Tharione
2016-05-16, 03:47 PM
"Without an adamantine blade it make take some time to open these cells even hacking at the door hinges. Worth a shot though."

razorback
2016-05-16, 04:54 PM
"I can't help with the adamantine, sorry. When everyone is ready, give me the nod and I'll cast it. I'll tap you on the shoulder when I feel that the spell is about to expire. I can keep an eye out for the guards return in the mean time." he whispers
Once everyone is in place, he casts the spell as he keeps a watchful eye out for interlopers.

Casts Silence on the wall just near where we are taking out the bars.
Lasts 6 minutes.
He also takes out a dart in preparation of having to throw it.

Tharione
2016-05-16, 05:13 PM
Droth tries to hack the doors off while in silence.

2 attacks a round:

2d6+7 damage (average 14) until strength buff wears off
2d6+4 damage (average 11) after

PallentisLunam
2016-05-16, 08:51 PM
Droth's sword bites deeply into the metal with the first stroke and slowly he hacks his way through the lower end of the bar. Switching to high strikes he hammers his way through the other end of the bar. He repeats the actions to remove a second bar and finally the hole is wide enough for the elf to squeeze out of. He motions insistently to the other cell before picking up one of the severed bars and testing its weight and balance.

Tharione
2016-05-16, 09:02 PM
Droth continues working to open as many cells as he may in the time allotted.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-16, 09:44 PM
The bird flew in close to the wall, and looked inside of the arrow slit to see if there were any guards immediately inside.

Perception: [roll0]

The sparrow slipped through the crack in the wall and landed onto the floor of the guardhouse.

The sparrow peeled away from the wall, and began to circle the building again, looking for another method of entrance.

razorback
2016-05-17, 10:28 AM
Tu'Ca continues to watch, cognizant of the the time ticking down.
If it looks like time runs out, he begins casting a second time.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 01:53 PM
Droth is able to cleave a hole in the only other occupied cell just as Tu'Ca's spell expires. The man inside steps out and grabs Droth's hand, "Pelor's grace! Can't thank you enough, but if you don't mind me asking, who are you people?"

The second floor interior is an open spacious design. This room appears to be, or at least have been the guardhouse's armory and sleeping quarters rolled into one. There are about half a dozen empty racks that must have once held the various weapons, armor, and other tools used by the guardsmen stationed here. A central staircase leads down to the lower level. Voices echo up from the floor below but the second floor is deserted.

Tharione
2016-05-17, 01:56 PM
Droth puts a finger to his own lips in the universal signal for 'shh' before pointing to the open sewer grate.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 02:15 PM
The elf nods and grabs his friend's elbow, who promptly shakes him off. He stands his ground and in a low voice whispers, "Hey, look, it's not that I'm not grateful or anything but I'm not just about to go hoping out of the frying pan and into the fire. I want to know who you guys are before I go crawling through the sewers with you."

His friend grabs his arm more firmly this time, "Would you rather stay here with the Gith? You want to explain the current state of their cells?"

"You just can't be too careful these days." The man looks at Droth waiting for an answer.

hustlertwo
2016-05-17, 02:21 PM
Hi flicks the prisoner in the ear.

We're the people who risked our butts to save yours. Listen to your buddy and save the chitchat for when we're outta here. Now, is anyone else kept here?

He looks at Droth.

Speaking of, want me to walk them out? Or would you rather we all stayed together until we've inspected the whole place?

Tharione
2016-05-17, 02:49 PM
"They're what we came for, that or clever gith in disguise.. I'd rather get out and explain things when we're not at risk of a guard walking in and ruining an otherwise clean escape."

razorback
2016-05-17, 03:07 PM
"Agreed. We aren't here to fight, if we can avoid it. We should be on our way. " he says nervously.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 03:51 PM
The grumbling human is led to the end of the hallway by his elvish friend. Pausing the elf looks around at his rescuers. "One of you should go first so that Idyan and I know the way."

Tharione
2016-05-17, 04:00 PM
Droth leads the way into the sewers

hustlertwo
2016-05-17, 04:12 PM
Hi hangs back behind everyone else as they depart, bringing up the rear and slightly suspicious of the prisoner's suspicion.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 08:25 PM
Droth navigates the sewers, reversing his markings, all the way to the original storm drain. The two prisoners follow closely behind. No sounds follow the party out of the guardhouse.

Once Droth stops Idyan, the human priest, grabs Droth's arm. Keeping his voice low but urgent he says, "Alright, we're safe now. Who are you guys working for? Why did you rescue us? I'm not going any further without some answers!"

Tharione
2016-05-17, 08:54 PM
"We're resistance, didn't pick a fancier name at the meetings because we had better things to discuss. We need your talents to get a steady supply of food to the people. Now keep quiet and march. And one of you casters sweep them for illusions or alterations. If one's gith in disguise they won't be leaving this sewer."

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 09:27 PM
Idyan pales visibly and his elf companion says, "Hey, we're all on the same side here. Check us if you want but we were locked in a pair of cells that blocked all magic, all. So maybe lighten up alittle bit. Sure Idyan is a pain in the ass but death threats are uncalled for."

Tharione
2016-05-17, 09:40 PM
"If you're not gith they aren't death threats friend. Relax."

UrsusArctos
2016-05-17, 09:55 PM
The bird hopped around the barracks, over to the central staircase, which he peered over and looked down.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-17, 10:08 PM
The first floor of the guardhouse has several desks behind a chest high wooden counter top that runs the length of the building with a waist high gate on one end. Four gith are seated around one of the desks playing some sort of gambling card/dice game. They are speaking in their native tongue but it seems clear that they are alternately cursing and congratulating each other.

"Okay, fine. But we're fugitives now. Does your resistance have some place safe for us to stay or are we just expected to service you and go about our days? We didn't sign up for this you know. There are people that were counting on us to provide both spiritual guidance and physical care once we were released."

Everybody flinches as a skiff zooms overhead. One of the spotlights briefly sweeps across the sewer grate but it keeps moving.

Tharione
2016-05-17, 10:30 PM
"The resistance has plenty of those places, and plenty of people who need your help and guidance. I'm not the one in the know about the specifics. You'll need to wait for those until we get to someone who does."

razorback
2016-05-18, 10:28 AM
Trying to keep his composure, Tu'Ca swiftly casts a spell from the edge of the party as he scans the two former prisoners.

Cast Detect Magic, spending at least 2 rounds observing.

hustlertwo
2016-05-18, 01:11 PM
Hi shrugs.

Look, you know you don't want to stay here. Let's just get you to a safehouse and from there we'll see where you end up.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-18, 07:15 PM
No trace of my allies... I've gathered enough information on this guardhouse for now. The bird hopped over to the window, and flapped it's wings, ascending to the arrow slit.

The sparrow squeezed through, and then took off into the air, gliding through the city, back towards the storefront. With no sign of the other agents, he might as well just wait for his avian agents to return.

The sparrow landed on the roof of the storefront and folded it's wings.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-18, 08:49 PM
Neither liberated prisoner radiates any form of magic.

"Okay, okay. We're with you."

"Yeah, lead the way, resistance man."

Tharione
2016-05-18, 09:03 PM
Droth leads the way, taking a different exit closer to the goal and working the way from there.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-19, 05:40 PM
The party works its way through the sewers. Droth leads the way with occasional course correction from Hi. After long series of twists and turns the sewer crawlers end up at a storm drain across the street from the storefront. Everybody piles out and races across the street only to discover that the front door is locked.

Tharione
2016-05-19, 06:59 PM
Droth tries the cellar quickly instead.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-19, 07:37 PM
The others had returned. As the hurried down the street, the sparrow took off through the air and squeezed through the small entrance he had used for entrance.

Hijitsun shifted back into his regular, human form, and heard a knock, coming from the back door of the building. He hurried to the cellar door, and made sure the secret knock was correct, to confirm it was his allies.

The spymaster opened the door and looked at Droth. "Get in."

Tharione
2016-05-19, 08:00 PM
Droth enters and waves the others in.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-19, 09:14 PM
Just as the last resistance fighter piles into the basement and Hijitsun closes the doors there is a spark from the interior stairwell followed closely by a whoosh. In an instant the cellar is filled with smoke. Hi feels a foot connect suddenly with his ribs, while almost simultaneously Tu'Ca gets clocked in the jaw with an elbow. Next is Hijitsun, who takes a punch like a hammer blow to his sternum.

It is dark in the cellar so those of you with normal or low-light vision cannot see at all. For those of you with darkvision, your sight is totally obscured beyond 5 ft. and partially obscured within 5 ft.

The three of you who were hit need to make Fort Saves. Hi takes 5 damage. Tu'Ca takes 4. Hijitsun takes 9.

Roll for initiative, people.

hustlertwo
2016-05-19, 09:30 PM
Hieronymus grunts at the sneaky attack. Sucker-punching little so and so....get ready to maul faces, Rocky!

Burning a PP for +4 to the save, 3/4 left, [roll0]

Init: [roll1] for Hi. [roll2] for Rocky.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-20, 03:55 PM
Hijitsun suffered a hard punch to his gut, but his fiendish resistances absorbed some of the blow. He turned to the attacker and uttered a word of Dark Speech, an evil and vile word.

Hijitsun uses Baleful Utterance, targeting the attacker's clothes. If nonmagical, the clothes/armor are destroyed and the attacker must make a DC 16 Fortitude save or be dazed for one round and deafened for one minute.

razorback
2016-05-20, 06:07 PM
Tu'Ca grunts as he gets an elbow in the face.
<Ambush! he thinks to himself as he reels from the blow.
Staggering back a step, he tries to shield himself as he quickly recites the word of power taught to him and a blast of energy emits from his outstretched hands as he says "Hazak ku Vail!"

Tu'Ca
AC ~13; Current ~ 13
HP ~ 36; Current ~ 32

5 foot step back, if possible.

Standard Action
Trying to figure out where the assailants are as he knows where the one who elbowed him is and where the rest of the group is, Tu'Ca is going to cast defensively as he casts Whelming Blast at just more than a parallel line of his allies on the side of his assailant.
Cast Defensively vs DC 18
[roll0]

If successful, assailants need to make a DC17 will save or take [roll1] non-lethal damage. And, due to Unsettling Enchantment feat, they take a -2 penalty on attack rolls and to AC for 1 round even if they make their save.

Effects~

PallentisLunam
2016-05-20, 07:16 PM
From the sound of things, there appears to be only one assailant. There is a shout in the darkness, Idyan's voice, and the sound of body striking the floor, hard.

Tharione
2016-05-20, 08:34 PM
Droth his sword (a free action) letting it's light give him a better understanding of the situation before deciding on further action.

hustlertwo
2016-05-20, 09:25 PM
Hi looks at his feline companion.

Sorry, gotta sacrifice your spell to handle this situation. But don't worry, your fangs don't need any magical empowerment. They can shred on their own.

The cat merely goes "Rowr" in reply as Hieronymus begins to murmur, calling forth a pair of oversized bats. Rocky ignores the new arrivals and sniffs around, moving to seek out the scent of the enemy. If he locates them, he will launch a claw attack.

Tharione
2016-05-20, 09:58 PM
Droth retreats up to the cellar entrance and readies to strike anyone unfamiliar who ascends.

[roll0] to hit, high ground included [roll1] to confirm if needed

[roll2] damage on hit

if deals more than 10 damage:
[roll3] trip attempt

if the concealment applies still:
if it is a spell or SLA in origin (regardless of whether the smoke is magical or real) ignores concealment.
else: take better of two. 20 or less failing.
[roll4]
[roll5]

PallentisLunam
2016-05-21, 10:12 AM
Rocky leaps off into the smoke and there is a stifled cry along with the sound of tearing fabric. The sudden appearance of two massive bats makes the small cellar even more claustrophobic. They both let off a series of high pitched chirps and clicks before waddling off, on foot, or claw, into the smoke. "Son of a-"

The assailant has already acted, Count 15. Tu'Ca and Hijitsun are up.

Tharione
2016-05-21, 10:16 AM
"Vimak? Is that you ambushing us you idiot?"

PallentisLunam
2016-05-21, 11:14 AM
"What?! Droth?! Did you blockheads break into my store after dark?! Get off me you mangy feline!"

Tharione
2016-05-21, 11:26 AM
"More accurately we were let in by the spymaster. Job's done we have the priests. They need somewhere safe, and some proper food, gear, and briefing. Possibly bandages as well now.."

UrsusArctos
2016-05-21, 11:28 AM
"I merely opened the door for them. I apologize for frightening you."

hustlertwo
2016-05-21, 11:44 AM
Rocky, down boy! You really should not look so succulent and juicy, Vimak. And also, ow.

Hi uses a charge on his Healing Belt to restore some damage from their misguided superior.

[roll0] HP healed.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-21, 10:28 PM
Everybody can hear Vimak groan and stand up, the smoke is beginning to clear somewhat. "Well, regardless of anything else, no one can doubt that you lot work fast. Droth, put that thing away. Let's get you all into the hole."

Vimak walks over to a section of paneling and gives it a sharp kick. He then pushes it to the side to reveal a ladder extending down into an earthen room with a dozen cots, a small, empty, water basin and a pair of exits leading north and south. "Let's just hope nobody heard all of that noise a minute ago. So tell me what happened. I imagined that I wouldn't be hearing from you for at least one day."

Tharione
2016-05-21, 10:48 PM
"Our opportunity didn't require too much time. Went in underground, cleared the cells quietly, got out unnoticed with the clerics. Not sure when they'll next check the cells or did already but if we are fortunate we returned before they noticed."

Droth follows and heads for the safe room.

hustlertwo
2016-05-22, 05:30 AM
Hi grins. You always say I can be counted on to act before thinking, Vimak. This time I think I just infected the others.

He bends down and enters the safe room, looking back to make sure no signs are apparent of the fracas that just ensued in case anyone does try to figure out what happened.

razorback
2016-05-22, 08:24 AM
Tu'Ca straightens as Vimak appears as their assailant. A disgruntled look appears on his face as he feels his jaw, checking to make sure it feels alright. After a few moments he shrugs his shoulders when he realizes only some bruising will come of it. "Remind me not to get into a drunken fight with you, eh?" as Vimak comments and the others respond, he inspects the two exits before he gives his two coppers. "It may seem a bit rash, I suppose, but it was a great opportunity and we couldn't let it pass."

UrsusArctos
2016-05-22, 09:33 PM
"By the way, my agents are in place to observe the tower. I'll reconvene with them at daybreak. For now, I plan to rest." Hijitsun slid down into the safe room, and walked over to one of the cots, laying down in it.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-22, 09:56 PM
"Very well then. We will find more permanent accommodations for you two in the morning as well. Until then, keep quiet and you should be safe here." Vimak takes the ladder rungs two at a time and then the soft thunk on the wood panel being replaced echoes down the shaft.

After a few moments of silence, "So remind us again, besides to use as punching bags, why does the resistance need us?"

Tharione
2016-05-22, 10:01 PM
"The gith have people on half rations, we need your power to purify food to make use of wasted supplies."

Droth sits heavily in a corner.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-23, 07:27 PM
Idyan nods in the dark, "We can help with that. But I need to pray in sight of the sun to restore my connection with my lord."

hustlertwo
2016-05-23, 11:39 PM
I will come with. Always good to spend a little time getting some sun.
Hi stays with the newcomer, watching to make sure he does nothing but pray, and especially that he attempts no communication or signaling.

razorback
2016-05-24, 11:13 AM
"Well, once the sun is up, we need to keep you out of sight. I can provide some help in a few ways but how long do you need to pray and how... loud would you be? I mean, we just did a prison break and I'm sure our Gith friends will be looking to get reaquainted with you and your new friends. You know... us. " Tu'Ca says as he looks on.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-24, 11:14 PM
"I only need a few minutes, and any place where I can look upon the sun will do," Idyan says.

The next morning the whole city is abuzz with the news that a pair of prisoners were stolen out of a guardhouse right under the Githyanki occupiers' noses. Idyan and the elf, Arstole, are both able to reestablish their connections with their divine patrons. Idyan finds a quiet place in a nearby park. As Hi keeps a silent watch nearby Idyan faces east and tears run down his face as the sun breaks the horizon. Hi can find no indication that the man is doing anything but praying. Arstole explains that things are easier for him. He reveres Corelleon, god of the elves and thus all he needs to do is reflect upon his heritage to regain his divine gifts.

At noon a bell rings throughout the city. It is a signal, calling all civilians to the central square before the palace. It is a crime punishable by death not to attend. You are all with Vimak, working in his store while you await news about what is to be done with the priests, when you hear the sound.

hustlertwo
2016-05-25, 08:57 AM
The elan sags as he hears the chimes.

We knew it was coming. Time to face the literal music and see what punishment they dole out for us embarrassing them last night. Rocky, stay put and chase some rats or something.

razorback
2016-05-25, 12:29 PM
Tu'Ca looks on darkly as he replies to Hi.
"It's going to be hard, and it tears my soul, but we need to look at the long picture. A little suffering by some anonymous, innocent soul is going to be for the greater good." he says as he shakes his head, as if denying what he just said.

hustlertwo
2016-05-25, 01:09 PM
At least we didn't kill any of them. Since all we did was take some prisoners and embarrass them, it might just be more rationing. Normally the executions just come when we get bloody.

Tharione
2016-05-25, 03:34 PM
Droth trudges silently to the rally in common guise.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-25, 10:16 PM
As day broke, the bird took off through the air, heading back to the location it had met it's spies. It made it there shortly before the sun rose, and transformed into it's third form.

A fusion of man and bird, feathered and humanoid, Hijitsun waited for his spies to return, pulling a loaf of bread from his bag, along with his coin purse.

He was counting out copper pieces when the birds arrived.

"What have you learned?"

razorback
2016-05-26, 11:57 AM
"True but we don't know the value they put on these prisoners. Best to go and find out, I suppose. "
Seeing Droth leave, he waits a few minutes before leaving himself, looking the begger-farmer that wasn't too far from the truth.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-27, 09:10 PM
The large raven skips forward cautiously. "Many guard." it spreads its wings "Many as birds in sky. Two legs in, out, all times. Some red headfeathers. Some red no feathers."

In the square, a single Githyanki, one with a massive sliver sword slung across his back stands at a podium set up on a stage in front of a curtain hung between the square and the gallows to address the gathered masses, "Hear me, subjects of Vlaakith CLVII, these rebellious actions will not be tolerated. If you do not give up the leaders of your ill conceived resistance, the next ones to die will be your husbands, your wives, your mothers, your fathers, your children. All will be slaughtered until your spirits break and you serve willingly!" At a signal from the speaker the curtain drops and reveals four githyanki with nooses around their necks. "For now, think upon what we do to our own who fail in their duties, and imagine what we will do to those who openly defy us!"

The air around the speakers twists and warps. Suddenly he is standing at the other end of the platform by the lever to the trapdoors. He pulls it and floor drops out from under the four incompetent guards. Screams sound throughout the square.

hustlertwo
2016-05-27, 09:15 PM
The horror of the spectacle notwithstanding, Hi is actually fairly cheerful. He whispers to the others.

Ha, they are doing our job for us. And I doubt anyone is suckered by this talk about their families being next. If they were that willing to throw away the lives of their slaves and servants they would already have done so to try and smoke us out.

Tharione
2016-05-27, 09:29 PM
Droth attempts to hide his amusement at the demonstration.. poorly.

PallentisLunam
2016-05-29, 11:11 PM
"You are dismissed to think about the dangers of hiding fugitives in your midst's..." the githyanki leader appears to be about to leave the stage when he turns back, as though as an after thought. "Oh and your food rations are being tightened again, due to poor productivity across all industries. Maybe your hunger will motivate you," then as the crowd roars in anger he shimmers and warps once again, this time disappearing entirely.

hustlertwo
2016-05-30, 04:35 AM
As the crowd erupts at the proclamation, Hi looks to the others.

Best we head back quickly. Always a possibility of a riot at something like this, and it'd be a shame to survive all our dealings with the gith just to end up stabbed in the back by a shopkeeper or millworker mad about having to get by on less food.

He waits to follow Vimak's lead, however.

Tharione
2016-05-30, 07:49 AM
Droth nods in agreement, without looking directly to any fellow conspirator.

razorback
2016-05-30, 10:58 AM
Tu'Ca, away from the others but with an eye on them, grinds his teeth, the muscles of his face visibly taunt. He closes his eyes for a moment as the Gith speaks. Steeling himself from the rage the burns inside him, he lowers his head and makes a point of keeping his head down, as if defeated like so much of the masses.
At the dismissal he makes his way back to the hideout in a circuitous manner, keeping to the ends of different groups of people to seem as part of them as he keeps an eye out for spies or tails.

UrsusArctos
2016-05-30, 11:15 AM
"Very good. Thank you for your assistance." The birdman ripped up his loaves of bread and threw it down for the birds, and slid the hundred copper pieces he had counted out earlier to them.

He then stepped off the edge of the building, and landed in the alleyway, shifting back into the form of a man. When the bells signaled all civilians to attend the rally, he obeyed.

Hijitsun smiled at the weakness of the Githyanki. They would not kill today, despite being slighted so much by the rebels?

He turned to head back to the safehouse.

PallentisLunam
2016-06-01, 09:59 PM
The conspirators are all able to make it back to the shop without any indication of being followed or watched in any way, all except Gabriel who is no where to be found when the group meets up.

hustlertwo
2016-06-02, 05:13 AM
Hi notes the absence with a sigh. Hmmm. Wonder if Gabe got lost, deserted, or something more sinister happened? Guess we won't know for now. What's next, guys? We purify the food, but how do we distribute it? And what's our next mission?

Tharione
2016-06-02, 07:55 AM
"We'll leave the food to the priests and the others. Let's hear what the spy has picked up before any further planning."

razorback
2016-06-02, 12:18 PM
"Yes, leave the food and distribution to others. We have completed our portion of that mission, as far as I'm concerned, unless we are given orders otherwise. We should focus on dealing with the Gith as a force and how to make it painful to be here while minimizing the fallout of our actions." Tu'Ca says, not completely able to hide the discomfort on his face. "As far as Gabe... could have run into issues getting back unseen or, maybe he was captured? Even if he turned or was on the other side to begin with, we need to think about relocating if he doesn't return in a reasonable time frame. Even if he returns, do we question him? I hate the idea of the Gith getting us to turn on each other, but I like the idea of being captured and our forced snuffed out for being too... trusting?"

UrsusArctos
2016-06-02, 03:34 PM
"My agents observed the tower at night, and returned to me. There are several dozen guards on the tower at any time, and guards are constantly moving in and out of tower. Some of these guards were red with feathers on their heads, others were red without these feathers."

Tharione
2016-06-02, 07:20 PM
"I vote out next mission is information gathering. Finding out how to pilot a skyship, finding when one will be vulnerable to take-over, and taking one over to bring down their tower."

hustlertwo
2016-06-03, 05:04 AM
I suspect our friend with many smaller friends will be a good help for that as well.

Hi looks at the spymaster.

Might you also be able to spare some of your agents to check out where the ships are docked, and how feasible it is for our group to infiltrate?

PallentisLunam
2016-06-06, 04:28 PM
Vimak arrives in the basement, "Damn them!" he says punching the wall. The wood splinters under his blow. "It's all well and good to watch them execute their own but now we'll be even harder pressed to feed people!" All this primarily seems to be the half-orc thinking out loud. He finally looks around at the others and stops pacing for a moment. "Where is Gabriel?" he demands.

hustlertwo
2016-06-06, 07:45 PM
No one knows. But he always was a bit of a shifty one. Maybe that last pronouncement broke his will to keep on? We're in for rough times, that's for sure. Even if we were lucky no humans were harmed today.

razorback
2016-06-07, 11:16 AM
"But, that won't last... Vimak, we don't know where Gabriel is. Is there a backup plan or backup base of operations? If he has turned or was caught, we could have the Gith down our necks at any moment. Even without, anyone who knows may not like having the screws put to them and could turn on us. Hard times, to be sure, but we need to do what we need to do to excise these vermin from our world." Tu'Ca says, his voice strained.

hustlertwo
2016-06-07, 12:18 PM
A fresh locale may indeed be wise. If we pull this airship heist off, the Gith will be hot on our trail. We don't want to lead them back here, and we don't want to have anyone out there who knows where we are.

Tharione
2016-06-07, 02:05 PM
"Moving from tavern to tavern might work for a short while. Have the spymaster look into abandoned structures in the city. casualties of war certainly must have left a few."

UrsusArctos
2016-06-07, 03:38 PM
"I can do that, yes, but what of the mission to observe the airships? Is that not important too?"

Tharione
2016-06-07, 03:54 PM
"Yes, but I'm not one to tell you how to do your job."

hustlertwo
2016-06-08, 03:48 AM
Aye. We're putting in requests, you tell us what you can find out. How you do it and how you split your whisperers is your call. Heck, if you do it is your call. I for one appreciate any tidbit we can get to get a half-step ahead of these grotty buggers.

UrsusArctos
2016-06-10, 09:14 PM
"It's not as though I have an unlimited number of agents or unlimited forms of payment for those agents. Some tasks must be ranked as a higher priority than others, and these are both your ideas. So I ask you, what do you want to know first?"

hustlertwo
2016-06-11, 04:51 AM
My vote is airships. We can't go around obsessed over every missing member of the group. It's important to see where he is, but not as vital as keeping the fight going.

Tharione
2016-06-11, 09:35 AM
"I second that."

razorback
2016-06-11, 02:07 PM
It's obvious to anyone observing him that Tu'Ca is weighing the decision heavily.
"Yeah... I think the others are correct. The airships are a priority. Long term, we need to come up with plans to knock out their communications, supply routes and transportation. I think that dealing with the airships creates a big blow against them in their supply routes and transportation."

PallentisLunam
2016-06-12, 02:59 PM
Vimak chimes in, "Our cell has alot of autonomy to act as we see fit. But remember before we can enact our plan we must find a way to rescue those imprisoned in the tower. We will not be like the Gith. We don't kill our own."

Tharione
2016-06-12, 04:21 PM
"Distraction is our only practical option. I doubt going in underground will work twice unless we tunnel in."

hustlertwo
2016-06-13, 09:52 AM
I could make tunneling work, but only if they were foolish enough to leave some area of the tower with dirt or unworked rock as flooring. That strikes me as unlikely. The 'ship remains our best option, longshot though it is.

Tharione
2016-06-13, 10:11 AM
"Have to get people out before crashing the ship. As much as that overly complicates things."

hustlertwo
2016-06-13, 10:17 AM
Could we not use the ship to get in and out in a rescue? We'd have to move fast, of course. But that's my specialty. And I doubt they have defenses against their own craft.

Tharione
2016-06-13, 11:41 AM
"They have far more of their own craft, all over the place. There would be nowhere to run with the ship and the tower would remain standing."

hustlertwo
2016-06-13, 11:50 AM
Then we either try to burrow and pray we get lucky, or we need another entry method. Anyone good at disguises? Something more elaborate than hats and such?

UrsusArctos
2016-06-13, 12:35 PM
"I am not well versed in disguises, but I could sneak into the tower by myself and let the other's in. It would be dangerous, but I could do it."

razorback
2016-06-13, 12:41 PM
"While not well versed in mundane disguises, I have spells to either hide, misdirect or control others actions, to an extent. This would seem to be helpful."

Tharione
2016-06-13, 06:33 PM
"Going in through the front door might be so bold they wouldn't expect it. But invisibility, not disguises, and we still need an opening."

Droth looks focused

"And if they are prepared for invisibility its going to turn into a problem very, very shortly."

hustlertwo
2016-06-13, 07:57 PM
We could always test that in a somewhat safer capacity. Rocky or I could go in while invisibled and dash out at the first sign of detection.

Tharione
2016-06-13, 08:18 PM
"Thats not much safer than all of us at once. If they detect even one person trying to get in they know it's a target..... Hmm.. Now there's any idea, albeit a risky one."

Droth paces.

"We could feign attempted infiltration of a few targets we don't care about immediately, make sure we're detected and forced into retreat. Confuse them and divert their forces. Most believable if we act like we're pursuing a reasonable goal different to our current one and plan targets accordingly."

He smirks

"If we are able to infiltrate we could even gather intelligence or steal a thing or two as a bonus before being 'detected'... The downside is that they may implement increased security across the board, and we shouldn't use the same trick we plan to use on the real target."

hustlertwo
2016-06-14, 05:26 AM
Hi shrugs. Works for me. After all, increased security across the board isn't really that much of a risk. Realistically, more people have to come from somewhere. Which means they have to be pulled from somewhere else. But it is true that it does not help if the added security gets pulled from areas we don't care about.

razorback
2016-06-14, 01:58 PM
"True... but, if we probe enough, in different locations, without actually doing anything, then this may cause them to slacken a bit at the guard level as they may just see this as kids doing pranks. Once we have gotten them to be complacent, then we hit them. Actually, we hit them somewhere else, get them to divert resources, and then go after the real target."

Tharione
2016-06-14, 05:40 PM
"All current predictions point in our favor. What's our faux objective?"

hustlertwo
2016-06-14, 11:52 PM
An armory, perhaps? Maybe snag some equipment to either use, distribute to another cell, or just sell off.