PDA

View Full Version : Listening Lorecall

Max Caysey
2016-05-04, 07:13 PM
Hi... A really easy question, that I somehow dont seem to be able to completely answer my self.

Is Listening Lorecall a wizard spell?

Thanks

DarkSoul
2016-05-04, 07:37 PM
According to the Spell Compendium it's Druid 2, Ranger 2.

Necroticplague
2016-05-04, 07:38 PM
Nope. It's a druid and ranger spell.

BowStreetRunner
2016-05-05, 12:39 AM
The spell entry on page 133 of the Spell Compendium lists it as Druid 2, Ranger 2.
The spell entry on page 154 of the Complete Adventurer lists it as Druid 2, Ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2.

Zanos
2016-05-05, 02:13 AM
The spell entry on page 133 of the Spell Compendium lists it as Druid 2, Ranger 2.
The spell entry on page 154 of the Complete Adventurer lists it as Druid 2, Ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2.
As spell compendium is the more recent book, it's entry takes precedent.

Fizban
2016-05-05, 05:48 AM
Though if a character was created using the Complete Adventurer version before Spell Compendium entered play they should be allowed either to keep it or rebuild the character as needed to account for the change. Same if it was an honest mistake.

For that matter, they took Listening Lorecall off Sor/Wiz but not Balancing Lorecall? It's not like either skill is on the normal lists. They're both supposed to be for sneak+arcanist builds, but Spell Compendium seems to have treated it under the "arcanists get see invis but never blindsight/sense, divine casters get blindsight/sense but never see invis" clause, which is is of course ignored for Dragon! spells. I don't see any real problem with using the original.