PDA

View Full Version : Quick but not necessarily easy question

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-04, 09:17 PM
Anybody know how to turn a nonspecific constuct into a humanoid or magical beast without forfeiting most of its construct traits and sans class levels?

Clarification Edit: it needs to be a permanent, intrinsic change to the creature. Non-instantaneous spell effects won't cut it. Template stacking would be ideal, so long as the creature retains its original race, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Doctor Despair
2016-05-04, 09:33 PM
If you can get it, this reminds me of the Human Heritage feat.

unseenmage
2016-05-04, 09:36 PM
The spell Greater Humanoid Essence from Races of Eberron should do the trick quite nicely.

Bobby Baratheon
2016-05-04, 09:42 PM
Provided it has an intelligence of 4, it can be turned into an outsider via the Half Elemental templates (which work on any corporeal creature), and the judicious application of other templates.

Alternatively, Pseudonatural might be an easier way of getting to outsider (and from there to something else), and with less LA to boot. It would still need a minimum intelligence of 3.

Eisfalken
2016-05-05, 12:45 AM
Anybody know how to turn a nonspecific constuct into a humanoid or magical beast without forfeiting most of its construct traits and sans class levels?

Polymorph any object temporarily. The only way to do it permanent is probably a wish; given that you're basically saying "polymorph any object, only with a duration factor automatically of 9", that's pretty reasonable (given the XP cost and all).

Big Moez
2016-05-05, 11:49 AM
Hi, I am in my first time playing d&d so I'm completely lost, I'm already at level 4 playing as monk and I want to know how many strikes can I do in one turn using flurry of strikes+normal atack, the DM says is 2 plus the normal atack but the book just say is normal atack+1, can anyone help me?. (sorry about the grammar I'm brazillian):smalleek:

Gildedragon
2016-05-05, 12:05 PM
There's a type changing ritual in savage species that might fit the bill

Gildedragon
2016-05-05, 12:08 PM
Hi, I am in my first time playing d&d so I'm completely lost, I'm already at level 4 playing as monk and I want to know how many strikes can I do in one turn using flurry of strikes+normal atack, the DM says is 2 plus the normal atack but the book just say is normal atack+1, can anyone help me?. (sorry about the grammar I'm brazillian):smalleek:
Flurry of blows is a Full-Attack; you don't get a normal attack on top of that unless you got something else (like the two weapon fighting feat, or the snap kick feat) that gives you an extra attack on top of your full attack

ATHATH
2016-05-05, 08:48 PM
You should have made a separate thread for this.

@OP: Check out Uncle Kitty's Guide to Template-Based Shenanigans.

Coidzor
2016-05-05, 09:06 PM
Might there be some psionics trick using something like fusion and astral seed?

Kelb_Panthera
2016-05-05, 11:14 PM
I suppose it's my own fault. :smallsigh:

I should've made it clearer that I'm looking for ways to make it a permanent, intrinsic part of the creature. Spell effects, unless they're instantaneous, aren't going to cut it.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate any help offered thus far. Thanks, guys. :smallsmile:

I will edit the OP to reflect this.

ATHATH
2016-05-06, 11:28 AM
Use shenanigans to cast Aspect of the Wolf on the Construct, then cast Planar Familiar on it.

This suggestion was made possible by Uncle Kitty's Guide to Template Based Shenanigans (yes, I already mentioned it, but Kelb didn't seem to acknowledge my post), which can be found here: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=12219.0