PDA

View Full Version : Comics Guardians of the Galaxy vs The Order of the Stick

GAZ
2016-05-04, 11:17 PM
I've seen versus threads here, but not one for the main feature of this website. So I thought for a second and found what I think is the best team in mainstream fiction to match up against them. Consider for a moment Roy vs Drax in super-strength blade battle, Haley vs Gamora as roguish leather ladies, Elan vs Starlord with swashbuckling and quips, Belkar vs Rocket as short hairy instigators of violence, Varsuvius vs Adam Warlock as the inscrutable mystics, and Durkon vs a Tree.

The Order is alive, together, and leveled up like they were upon hitting up Girard's gate. The Guardians are similarly alive, together, and leveled up like they were upon setting up the defense of Xandar in their MCU movie (with comics GotG Adam Warlock thrown in for wizard power). All magic and all tech works. The fight is in a fairly populated bar somewhere in the D&D/Space Sci-fi that is Spelljammer.

Dienekes
2016-05-04, 11:39 PM
Hmm, full team vs full team it comes down to how optimized are we taking V? In theory she could rip apart Adam Warlock. In practice? Eh, Adam has done more impressive magics and everyone else is pretty redundant really.

Durkon should be able to beat Groot. He can grow to a comparable size and strength, plus can do way more magic stuff.

Comic!Drax took on the space equivalent of Jean Grey, the Juggernaut, and Captain America at the same time and won, which I think puts him a step above what we've seen Roy accomplish, not to mention killing Thanos. Movie!Drax is quite a bit lower than that though.

Rocket vs Belkar is actually interesting. For all Rocket's supposed knowledge of tactics, his strategy is usually always just shoot it with a canon or laser or something, it's very much an informed ability (unless they fixed that after I stopped reading), and Belkar has shown himself fairly adept at using terrain to his advantage when he is actually trying. Overall though, I'd give it to Rocket, unless, maybe, Belkar has Bloodfeast The Extreme-inator fully sized in the fight as well. Other than that, Rocket's guns> Belkar's knives.

Gamora vs Haley, I'd give to Gamora mostly because she's a better warrior (comparable to Drax in the comics) and has some insane regeneration abilities.

Elan vs Starlord, well, in the comics, Starlord isn't an idiot. Also guns. Though, to be fair, for once Elan's hot girl illusion may actually work on him. But seriously, comic!Starlord is closer to Roy, he's an intelligent often ruthless leader. He should be able to beat Elan.

GAZ
2016-05-05, 12:02 AM
Hmm, full team vs full team it comes down to how optimized are we taking V? In theory she could rip apart Adam Warlock. In practice? Eh, Adam has done more impressive magics and everyone else is pretty redundant really.

Durkon should be able to beat Groot. He can grow to a comparable size and strength, plus can do way more magic stuff.

Comic!Drax took on the space equivalent of Jean Grey, the Juggernaut, and Captain America at the same time and won, which I think puts him a step above what we've seen Roy accomplish, not to mention killing Thanos. Movie!Drax is quite a bit lower than that though.

Rocket vs Belkar is actually interesting. For all Rocket's supposed knowledge of tactics, his strategy is usually always just shoot it with a canon or laser or something, it's very much an informed ability (unless they fixed that after I stopped reading), and Belkar has shown himself fairly adept at using terrain to his advantage when he is actually trying. Overall though, I'd give it to Rocket, unless, maybe, Belkar has Bloodfeast The Extreme-inator fully sized in the fight as well. Other than that, Rocket's guns> Belkar's knives.

Gamora vs Haley, I'd give to Gamora mostly because she's a better warrior (comparable to Drax in the comics) and has some insane regeneration abilities.

Elan vs Starlord, well, in the comics, Starlord isn't an idiot. Also guns. Though, to be fair, for once Elan's hot girl illusion may actually work on him. But seriously, comic!Starlord is closer to Roy, he's an intelligent often ruthless leader. He should be able to beat Elan.

Thanks for your thoughts. :smallsmile:

I really meant it to be the movie versions with Pratt Quill and Batista Drax rather than Annihilation General Quill and Wielder of the Power Gem Drax. Just with Adam Warlock thrown in as a mage to go against V. Sorry that OP wasn't clear on that. I will edit.

The idea of having it be a bar fight would be to kinda limit Rocket, Quill, or Varsuvius just blowing everything up right off the bat.

Also I kinda listed the character the way I did because they make thematic sense that way, but a fight wouldn't necessarily break down that way. Roy's feat and magic items make him very dangerous for even an epic level mage like Adam Warlock or Xykon. Haley's +5 frost burst sneak attacks are at least as damaging anything Rocket casually carries around. Etc.