PDA

View Full Version : Undead leadership. Picking out a cohort

Nosta
2016-05-05, 11:17 AM
so my Ecl is 15 for the character I am building is a Nercomancer style cleric and I plan to pick out a undead cohort through undead leader ship.

I am willing to add a template to make it strong her up to +2la

I want to be able to hide the fact that it will be an undead

Large size creatures ok.

OldTrees1
2016-05-05, 11:28 AM
More info? What do you want in a cohort besides their appearance?

Nosta
2016-05-05, 11:36 AM
More info? What do you want in a cohort besides their appearance?

I want a Blood knight type cohort that can fight fell, take on many foes at once, and love doing it. I want them to be able to take a powerful hits and keep on going I want a large size undead with classes in a good melee class. I want them to wiled a large black meat cleaver type weapon and I want him to be be able to kick the ass of goodie goodie paladins and such . I want to be able to buff the undead up with buff spells and such

OldTrees1
2016-05-05, 11:48 AM
I want a Blood knight type cohort that can fight fell, take on many foes at once, and love doing it. I want them to be able to take a powerful hits and keep on going I want a large size undead with classes in a good melee class. I want them to wiled a large black meat cleaver type weapon and I want him to be be able to kick the ass of goodie goodie paladins and such . I want to be able to buff the undead up with buff spells and such

As a weapon wielder you will want to avoid any undead that comes with natural weapon goodies like Ghouls. This leaves combat utility undead(my mind is blanking on any that pass as living) and necropolitian(the "add Undead to a non undead" template).

Race: A Necropolitian(Libris Mortis) Incarnate Construct(Savage Species) Maug(Fiend Folio) for a total LA+1*
Classes: Warblade 5 / Warhulk 4 / continue with Warblade

*The interesting tale of a construct made flesh that resorted to necromantic means to regain some of their former nature (Undeath and life as twisted mockeries of Construct rather than the usual undeath as a twisted mockery of life).

Nosta
2016-05-05, 12:01 PM
As a weapon wielder you will want to avoid any undead that comes with natural weapon goodies like Ghouls. This leaves combat utility undead(my mind is blanking on any that pass as living) and necropolitian(the "add Undead to a non undead" template).

Race: A Necropolitian(Libris Mortis) Incarnate Construct(Savage Species) Maug(Fiend Folio) for a total LA+1*
Classes: Warblade 5 / Warhulk 4 / continue with Warblade

*The interesting tale of a construct made flesh that resorted to necromantic means to regain some of their former nature (Undeath and life as twisted mockeries of Construct rather than the usual undeath as a twisted mockery of life).

can you help me with one more thing my cohort needs a name.
He will be a battle crazed warrior that loves to fight strong warriors, even better if its a strong paladin

OldTrees1
2016-05-05, 12:42 PM
can you help me with one more thing my cohort needs a name.
He will be a battle crazed warrior that loves to fight strong warriors, even better if its a strong paladin

Given name: Rhuk
Assumed title: Unleashed One.

Inevitability
2016-05-05, 01:16 PM
Gravetouched Ghoul is a pretty good LA +2 template, and the things it can be applied too are quite interesting (Gravetouched Ghoul Will o' Wisp comes up often).

Gallowglass
2016-05-05, 01:24 PM

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/graveknight-cr-2

slap it on a giant and fill the rest with antipaladin, barbarian or fighter levels.