PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e stats for the T-1000 (Terminator 2)

Norius
2016-05-05, 01:19 PM
Hi, I have registered on this forum because I want to find some answers to my question: what would be the D&D 5e stats of the T-1000 from Terminator 2, based on what is seen in the movie?
I have asked the same question on Stackexchange, but apparently that sort of questions is frowned upon on their site and I was advised to ask on another sites, so I have arrived here.
Thanks for any help.

GWJ_DanyBoy
2016-05-05, 01:24 PM
I don't have the MM memorized or anything, but I'd just mix the abilities of an appropriate Golem, a Doppelganger and a regenerating creature like a Troll.

JNAProductions
2016-05-05, 01:33 PM
Hi, I have registered on this forum because I want to find some answers to my question: what would be the D&D 5e stats of the T-1000 from Terminator 2, based on what is seen in the movie?
I have asked the same question on Stackexchange, but apparently that sort of questions is frowned upon on their site and I was advised to ask on another sites, so I have arrived here.
Thanks for any help.

Why is it frowned upon? That's just weird.

What CR are you looking for?

kaoskonfety
2016-05-05, 01:51 PM

In the absence of a CR, some traits:

Traits
Immunity to poison and necrotic damage
Resistant to all other forms of damage
Axiomatic Mind (see Modrons)
Shapeshifter - can take on the appearance and voice of anything it has touched of roughly the same volume. Can pass though any opening that is not watertight
Natural weapons - capable of creating melee weapons that deal (i.e1d8+5) piecing damage regardless of its form or other armerments.
Regeneration - say "way too much" health per turn, functioning even if its redused to 0 hp. Automatically passes death saves... - I'm pretty sure I'd want the max HP fairly low but its basically impossible to keep it down with out the DM saying "hmmm, ya, that should work" - several rounds of continuous dragon fire, volcano, broken into pieces and the pieces fed to a globe of annihilation.

I'm desiding its an Inevitable... cause it kinda was.

Norius
2016-05-05, 01:56 PM

Apparently, they do not allow questions which are primarily based on opinions, something like that. I'm not yet allowed to post links here, but you can search on their D&D 5e section, where my question is still visible, but it is currently closed.
Regarding the T-1000's CR, that is exactly one of my curiosities: what would its CR be like? I do not know that, so I'm trying to figure out its stats. But I'm not very knowledgeable.

DontEatRawHagis
2016-05-05, 02:54 PM

I managed to find the post. Apparently Stack Exchange is more about rules queries instead of brainstorming. Its just a case of a website's user agreement not fitting a post.

Similar Facebook groups have issues with people posting meme's, but that doesn't stop people from trying to post them.

Regitnui
2016-05-05, 03:12 PM
I'm deciding its an Inevitable... cause it kinda was.

That's actually a great place to start looking. If someone's homebrewed up an inevitable, take that and add some absurd regeneration.

kaoskonfety
2016-05-05, 03:17 PM
I'd land its CR as "kinda high" but probably well under 20, I'd try to get it in the 9-13 range by toying with the numbers (disintigate is a good staple answer to it) but I'm AFB and am bad at figuring out what regeneration does to the beasts effective HP.

With no ceiling I'd likely get its attack damage in the 20 damage per round range (it is a serious threat/instant death to a regular dude but would take a few rounds to kill a t-rex) and 2 attacks (and say a rend for another 20 if it hits with both)
HP in the fairly good value range - large double digits, small triple, but they drop it several times so certainly less than 150.
AC - give it a Dex of 20 and an AC of 15 - it tanks hits in every scene but is not slow.
Regeneration: lets go with 20 - can only be overcome when the DM says so (staff of the magi retibutive strike, submerged in lava, disintigrated etc.) maybe make a few examples/a list