PDA

View Full Version : More cohort help. this time A construct for a body guard

Nosta
2016-05-05, 04:30 PM
so I have been talked in to playing my fist ideas. (LE Artificer- that prc in to Effigy master. ECL 15

and I want a cohort.
Now I am thinking of going about this two ways. 1 getting an evil warforged and having enlarged person casted through permanency
Or getting A large size construct that has a cheap LA

so I'd like a good idea for a build for a large construct, crusader that is like a giant black knight of doom

any evil template welcomed I need the ECL of this cohort to be at least 10-12 as my ecl will be 15

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-05, 04:55 PM
Have a look at this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=177.0).

Helmed Horrors sound about right for what you're looking for (bottom of the third post).

Nosta
2016-05-05, 05:00 PM
Have a look at this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=177.0).

Helmed Horrors sound about right for what you're looking for (bottom of the third post).

Now could I give this a class like crusader?

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-05, 05:14 PM
Now could I give this a class like crusader?
Intelligent constructs can take class levels, but you'd have to let it gain XP. You can craft a construct with a lot of HD (taking its ECL way past what Leadership would allow, if you have the funds/XP), but you can't craft the class levels.

However, helmed horrors have int --, so they can't take class levels.

Edit: excuse me, the Lost Empires of Faerūn helmed horrors do have an intelligence score (13, even), so they can take class levels. Monsters of Faerūn horrors do not.

Nosta
2016-05-05, 05:18 PM
Intelligent constructs can take class levels, but you'd have to let it gain XP. You can craft a construct with a lot of HD (taking its ECL way past what Leadership would allow, if you have the funds/XP), but you can't craft the class levels.

However, helmed horrors have int --, so they can't take class levels.

that's weird I read that they have Int 13 o.o
is that outdated? I know there found in LEOF but I don't have that book

would template would you recommend on a warforged to improve it in its combat skiils?

mabriss lethe
2016-05-05, 05:32 PM
You could always just make your cohort a normal humanoid of whatever flavor you like and give them the full suite of warforged grafts.

ATHATH
2016-05-05, 07:24 PM
The Techsmith PrC seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

By the way, from what I can tell, the Gondsman granted by that PrC scales with your Character Level, not your Class Level, so you can just dip into Techsmith to get your robot buddy.

Have you checked out the Warforged domain? If Gond doesn't offer it, you can get it via the Heretic of the Faith feat. I suggest progressing its Rebuking at double the normal rate with the Paragnostic Apostle PrC (when you run out of "real" PA levels, advance PA beyond its normal 5 level cap with the Legacy Champion and Uncanny Trickster PrC's).