PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder He's got Ogreblood in him

Triskavanski
2016-05-06, 02:06 PM
So I was looking around at things.. and I noticed a feat

Savage Critical

Which lets you deal your sneak attack damage whenever you use Vital Strike. Further compound this with a Vigilante who's got a superior version of vital strike that gives him Vital strike every time he makes an attack of opportunity.

So now you can make a standard action and compound all the vital strike damage + Sneak attack damage, Or make an attack of opportunity and do vital Strike damage + Sneak attack damage. Or add in your sneak attack whenever you do a crit hit.

So with vicious stomp, you could get in an Attack of Opportuniy when someone goes prone near you. Perhaps taking the trip combat manuver, greater will give you an additional AoO if you trip someone with it.

I think there might be otherways to use this.

Florian
2016-05-06, 02:21 PM
Hm. Vigilante/Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) with a Wolf Companion?

Yanisa
2016-05-06, 02:56 PM
One big problem I spot, Vigilantes don't have sneak attack (they have hidden strike), so that is a big limiting factor... So we need to multiclass with a class with sneak attack. Also Vicious Stomp only works on unarmed attacks.

So if you go Vigilante, let's just go Brute to get Improved Unarmed Strike and bump up damage to 1d6 (and later 1d8). We would only go 6 levels to pick up the talent, and otherwise ditch the class.

And for the other half, I would say Alchemist (Vivisectionist). 14 levels gives us 7d6 sneak attack and Mutagen is a great melee boost. Also some alchemy to be useful outside of combat.
The combat tactic is to full attack, use your first attack to trip, Vital Strike + Sneak Attack on the prone opponent as a AoO and then stomp on him with your extra attacks which get a +4 bonus due prone. Also Brute gives gives you reach, by making you large, combined with Lunge you can trip approaching opponents and stomp them before they can even hit you.
As for the fluff its going to be a strange case of Dr Jekyll and The Hulk.

Also add Sap Adept (master doesn't work sadly) and go nonlethal (so it matters less whetter you hit friend or foe) and gain bonus damage. Then again feats are going to be tight so I dunno if there is room for that.

VMC Rogue is also a possibility but only gives like 4d6 sneak attack, but allows a full Vigilante build.

AoiEMT
2016-05-06, 05:25 PM
How are you qualifying as an ogre?

Since Ogre isn't a subtype ofor humanoid the usual means of using the heritage feat as a human is out (closest you could get is being treated as the giant subtype).

Alter self spell could turn you into a half ogre, and I think there is a cheap magic item that let's you do it all day long.

Is there a way I'm missing other than just playing an ogre?

Yanisa
2016-05-07, 12:07 AM
How are you qualifying as an ogre?

Since Ogre isn't a subtype ofor humanoid the usual means of using the heritage feat as a human is out (closest you could get is being treated as the giant subtype).

Alter self spell could turn you into a half ogre, and I think there is a cheap magic item that let's you do it all day long.

Is there a way I'm missing other than just playing an ogre?

Human heritage says "pick one race", not "pick one subtype". The term race isn't really defined, but I don't see a hard RAW reason to disallow ogre with human heritage.

AoiEMT
2016-05-07, 12:33 AM
Human heritage says "pick one race", not "pick one subtype". The term race isn't really defined, but I don't see a hard RAW reason to disallow ogre with human heritage.

You are super right! I must have misread it earlier.